Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 12:04 AM   #61
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 
Default Re: I NEED ADVICE!! HELP MOMS!!!

View Post Originally Posted by kigz
I am really leaning this way right now...

---------- kigz added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

Isn't it funny--a dream come true, yet nightmareish all at the same time...
LOL I have 2 boys around that age and it's just starting to dawn on them that they might not always get everything they want... but we try anyway for some reason.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #62
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

I understand I am a mom of 2 and I count my Easter eggs at Easter to be FAIR , I would sell it on Ebay and get something they would each love, Also something for yourself. If all our happy you wont regret it!! I agree sharing wont work even if it is put on your accnt sharing is not easy. This way you all benefit and dont have to worry about future fights over it. Congrats collect your $$$ And happy shopping!!!!
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #63
Webkinz :)

kinz4mykidz will become famous soon enough

What a fabulous idea! I wouldn't have thought of that. I have 5 kiddos with their own accounts and sadly, I probably would already have it on my account because I'm becoming addicted. lol On the other hand, I certainly would never pay $300 for it either.

View Post Originally Posted by Webkinz_Lovers
The girls could colaborate on a special name, decorate a room together around it's beautiful bed, and share in it's care. I know that when I was young all three of us girls wanted a dollhouse. Of course, we all wanted something different and my parents could not see buying three separate ones. They sat down with us and we made a list of what we were all looking for in that special house. I can't tell you how excited we All were to get this one fantastic house that had features we all wanted! We worked together to decorate and spent hours playing together (learning to listen to each other, compromise, and work well with each other)
Anyway, I know that it was much better to have a shared dollhouse than not have one at all. And the long lasting benefits of sharing that dollhouse are still with the three of us today.

That shared account would be like our dollhouse. On occasion you could add a special pet...like if you happen across a love puppy, or a mystery pet card, or any "free" pet from the trading cards. Since everyone wants one, I think sharing is better not not having one at all. The worst would be finding out there was one in the house and it was sold.

If a shared account is really just out of the question, then why not put it on your account and have all the girls help to decorate the room for it ? Each girl could have personal time to play with it and share in it's care.

I know this is really a hard decision to make and I wish you all the best in making it.
kinz4mykidz is offline Female
Old 03-12-2009, 01:06 AM   #64
A Meditating
Gift Guru

meowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wondermeowsrus wows us all with wonder

This is such a tough one! I have 2 daughters. A little while ago we got 3 packs of cards and my older daughter found a free pet in her pack (earlier series pack). Of course we were happy for her, I thought my younger daughter would be very, very jealous of her sister's find. But to my surprise,and joy, she was HAPPY beyond belief that at least one of us found one!!!

She sits with her older sister when her sister gets to play with that pet and her sister doesn't mind.

I know, this is a result you only see on like Brady Bunch. But I swear it is true.

Now if you need the cash, or if you think that your girls would rather have their own real phushie along with a new webbie, then sell it. I have had to that in the past with things and I hate to say it, if you never 'really' had it you can't miss it. You had the joy of finding the card, but have never playedwith the pet, so....

Otherwise it would have to be a joint pet or you could just pull rank- Mom found it, it is Mom's and tough!!!

I am sure you will make a good choice no matter what you do because you obviously care!
meowsrus is offline Female
Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #65
Obsessed with

nuttienetz is just really nicenuttienetz is just really nice

Mommy pays for all the webbies, then mommy is entitled to have the special webbie in her account. Some might think that is harsh, but life is harsh. I personally would hold on to the panda and wait to find out if other things as desirable come out. Soon after all the frenzy, sometimes another pet comes along that is as satisfying. We can't all have all the pets.
nuttienetz is offline Female
Old 03-12-2009, 02:55 AM   #66
Addicted to Webkinz!
Gift Guru

alk1983 is a jewel in the roughalk1983 is a jewel in the rough

Or you could hang onto it. What if you find another? I would just slip it into a safe spot in your room. Hang onto it. Think about it-what if you find more? Or you find some magical retrievers. Also-it could make a great xmas presentfor anybody you know. I would save it-you never know. And it wont hurt to just hide it away for now. Take your time to think about it-you might change your mind. Good luck!!

---------- alk1983 added 5 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by alk1983
Or you could hang onto it. What if you find another? I would just slip it into a safe spot in your room. Hang onto it. Think about it-what if you find more? Or you find some magical retrievers. Also-it could make a great xmas presentfor anybody you know. I would save it-you never know. And it wont hurt to just hide it away for now. Take your time to think about it-you might change your mind. Good luck!!
Just thought of something else-what if one of your other kids open a pack and get one? Or two of them do? Definately hang on to it! It could also even things out down the road..lets us know what you decide, Im interested to see how it works out. Good luck again!

Last edited by alk1983; 03-12-2009 at 02:55 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
alk1983 is offline Female
Old 03-12-2009, 03:02 AM   #67
jpsmilegirl
Gift Guru

Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!Flame Boy is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
I would sell it. They're going for about $300 right now. The price will drop as they become more common. Why don't you sell it and order 3 love puppies or sherbet bunnies with the profit? OR... the magical retriever are selling for closer to $100 each now. Good luck and let us know what you decide!
this is a great idea! much better than what i was thinking, this was all the girls will get something special!
Flame Boy is offline Female
Old 03-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #68
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by jadewarlock
I'm not too fond of the e-Bay issue, but that is because I don't trust the site for various reasons - namely I wouldn't want to see you or others be cheated by someone somehow.

There is one thing I've considered too that could be a possibility - if you know of some child at say your church or a group you spend time at who has been through a tough time (maybe a child who's fighting cancer and is in the hospital or home for a long time) and needs something to cheer them up to give them the code as a gift in the card. If I've got it right, this could even be an adoption pet for them as their first pet, and could bring a cheer to their hearts in addition to family and friends' visits. I did a similar thing for two children at our church who went through a very rough year, and they love their two Webkinz pets. Their mom said too that they acted like their frog and monkey for a few days after Christmas. I think that made my Christmas this year more than any of the presents I was given.

This idea is not necessarily popular, but it's also a possibility if you want to give the pet away to someone who will appreciate it on many levels too - and not just because it's rare.
What a wonderful thought! I will have to investigate this one further. I never imagined there would be more choices than I was already struggling with...you have a very kind heart and great outlook--thank you for this!
kigz is offline Female
Old 03-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #69
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

It might not be a bad idea to hang on to it, put it in a safe place who knows maybe you will come across another, it sounds as though these pandas are popping up fairly often so it is a possibility. I don't think selling it on ebay for that kind of money seems like something I would do but that is just me.

I do however adore the idea of passing it on to someone else as a gift! I love that idea, I could never give something to one of my boys without doing the same for both so I understand where you are coming from on that! Even though my oldest doesn't play on WW any longer it would break his heart if I got my younger one a new pet and didn't do the same for my oldest.

I think gifting it out to someone would be a selfless wonderful thing to do and I would get your kids involved so they can learn something from the experience.

Best of luck with whatever you decide, I am sure you being such a great mommy will make the best possible choice
Rejewal is offline Female
Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #70

Ebabe has a brilliant futureEbabe has a brilliant futureEbabe has a brilliant futureEbabe has a brilliant futureEbabe has a brilliant future

Hmm as a Mom of 3 daughters (now all grown up) and
the keeper of a huge box of Barbie shoes (yes, they had
a zillion and one fights over Barbie shoes...why always shoe's???
...they didn't know then and even to this day don't know why?? it
was always just the shoes *sigh*).
I had to confiscate the shoes, 'cause we never could tell who's
Barbie the shoes really belong too.
Now, I'm a Gramma who buys webbies for myself and
grandchildren...I could "never" keep it for myself or give it to
one child over the other...SO, I like the idea (if its okay with WW rules)
to sell the Magical Panda (CONGRATULATIONS
on being one of the lucky ones to find one!!!) and
buy each child a "special" Webkinz.
This is a "HARD ONE"...Good luck, with your decision, Mom!!!
Closed