Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #51
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: I NEED ADVICE!! HELP MOMS!!!

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
I would advise against selling it. No matter how hard you try to keep it a secret, your girls are bound to find out, and I wouldn't like to be around when they do! Secrets always get found out in the end.

Also, selling it just seems wrong to me. It's against the spirit in which it was given to you. It was meant to be a really special thrill, a pet to be treasured, and not a quick profit. In fact, although it is impossible to enforce such a rule, I believe that it is against your user agreement with WW.
That is so true. I am mulling that one over...and going to read my user agreement! Thx!
kigz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #52
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

Wow, that is a tough one. My first thought is put it away and not make a rash decision, however if you were leaning on selling, now would be the time... I would suggest not telling the children and then use the profits for something special for each child that you normally would not be so extravagant on. On the other hand, you could also use it as an incentive... if all of the children are capable of making good grades then tell them the one that makes the most improvement in school and does their chores until school is out wins the Panda. However, the easiest way is to have a drawing at the end of the month. For each chore done you add their name, completed homework, clean room whatever your system you get the idea then make a big production out of the drawing. Let us know which way you decide to jump.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #53
Webkinz :)

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by kigz
Ok, long story short--I found the Mystical Panda in a pack of trading cards. I know this does not sound like a big problem, but I am the mom of three girls--who would ALL want it if they found out!!!!

Here is my question--what do I do!? I cannot log it on to my account, because they would all find out. My gut reaction is to ebay it. I am asking you all to give me your ideas before I make a rash decision, though!

Help!!!!

I'm not too fond of the e-Bay issue, but that is because I don't trust the site for various reasons - namely I wouldn't want to see you or others be cheated by someone somehow.

There is one thing I've considered too that could be a possibility - if you know of some child at say your church or a group you spend time at who has been through a tough time (maybe a child who's fighting cancer and is in the hospital or home for a long time) and needs something to cheer them up to give them the code as a gift in the card. If I've got it right, this could even be an adoption pet for them as their first pet, and could bring a cheer to their hearts in addition to family and friends' visits. I did a similar thing for two children at our church who went through a very rough year, and they love their two Webkinz pets. Their mom said too that they acted like their frog and monkey for a few days after Christmas. I think that made my Christmas this year more than any of the presents I was given.

This idea is not necessarily popular, but it's also a possibility if you want to give the pet away to someone who will appreciate it on many levels too - and not just because it's rare.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #54

Twilightly is on a distinguished road

I would keep it for myself. My daughters are grown and I have 4 grandchildren. They each have their own accounts. What they win on the cards I buy for them is theirs , what I win on mine is mine. At first they will maybe want it and pout (mine would ) but it doesn't last long , just until they see another webbie they want. It woould be a shame toget rid of it. If they get really upset let them help design its room.
Twilightly is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #55
Call me KD~

kdsw1 is just really nicekdsw1 is just really nice

I1m not a mom but I saw some great ideas-

drawing

grades and chores

keep it
kdsw1 is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #56
pandamom95
Gift Guru

pandamom will become famous soon enough

Wow, what a tough decision! Though I would hate to do it, I think I would sell it on ebay and use the profit to buy love puppies, sherbet bunnies or other webkinz goodies. Sharing an account would definitely not work in our house and neither would giving it to one child. dds would be ok if I kept it for myself but I'd rather get something they both could have instead. Good luck it whatever you decide!!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #57

dragonfly is a jewel in the roughdragonfly is a jewel in the rough

I would keep it. I would make a new account for it but I would be the owner. My kids could visit, play, etc. Remember we love our kids and we want to treat them fairly but life is not fair and here is a wonderful way of teaching them what the right way to act when they cannot have everything fair and alike. They will also learn how to treat others, by your example, on how to be nice and share but still realizing having more or better isn't a chance to gloat.
Yes they will pout, but there are to many people today that are adults that still pout cause they didn't get the same. I would assume those people weren't taught how to deal with disappointments and life's unfairness.
We need to rejoice and be glad for the good things that happen to others.
dragonfly is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #58
Loves Being A
Gift Guru

roxy1000 is the cats pajamas!roxy1000 is the cats pajamas!roxy1000 is the cats pajamas!roxy1000 is the cats pajamas!roxy1000 is the cats pajamas!roxy1000 is the cats pajamas!

I would have your kids vote.

A - Mom keeps it for herself
B - Mom sells it & we all get new webbies

There are 3 kids so it could not be a tie.
Good Luck with whatever decision you make.
roxy1000 is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #59

Allrighty has a spectacular aura aboutAllrighty has a spectacular aura about

If your family is like mine the sharing would not work very long. It sounds like a great idea but rivalry is always there. If you want to keep it I would log it on your account and as a reward they could play with it on yours. The selling of it also sounds like a good solution or another option might be to let them figure out a way where one could earn it. They would all have to agree and you need to set a time limit for them to all agree or it might turn into a never ending discussion. At the end of the time if they have not decided a fair way for them to earn it then it would be your decision to log it into your account or sell it. What a great problem to have- Congrats on finding it! I'm sure you will end up with the right decision!
Allrighty is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #60
ant to be a Webkinz
Gift Guru

Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence
Webkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellenceWebkinz_Lovers is the epitome of excellence

Congratulations on finding a mystical panda, it is a lovely and much sort after pet!

I know that a lot of people think it is definitely an ebay item but I am not so sure. As the the middle girl of three (with an older brother,, too) I say take time to think; I know that it is very hard to keep it a secret, I would want to like grab each one and hug them and dance and sing "I found a mysical panda, I found a mystical panda."

You said that they all want one and that you want one - and I agree, I want one too. I really think that you should consider a new shared account for this pet.
The girls could colaborate on a special name, decorate a room together around it's beautiful bed, and share in it's care. I know that when I was young all three of us girls wanted a dollhouse. Of course, we all wanted something different and my parents could not see buying three separate ones. They sat down with us and we made a list of what we were all looking for in that special house. I can't tell you how excited we All were to get this one fantastic house that had features we all wanted! We worked together to decorate and spent hours playing together (learning to listen to each other, compromise, and work well with each other)
Anyway, I know that it was much better to have a shared dollhouse than not have one at all. And the long lasting benefits of sharing that dollhouse are still with the three of us today.

That shared account would be like our dollhouse. On occasion you could add a special pet...like if you happen across a love puppy, or a mystery pet card, or any "free" pet from the trading cards. Since everyone wants one, I think sharing is better not not having one at all. The worst would be finding out there was one in the house and it was sold.

If a shared account is really just out of the question, then why not put it on your account and have all the girls help to decorate the room for it ? Each girl could have personal time to play with it and share in it's care.

I know this is really a hard decision to make and I wish you all the best in making it.
Closed