Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #41
I dance with my
Webkinz :)

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: I NEED ADVICE!! HELP MOMS!!!

Not a mom, but I have a good idea! Make a new account for all you girls to share (including you!). You can all share the panda!
pupso98 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #42
r-jay is on a distinguished road

Hi, the Panda is so rare and special I would not sell it, I'm a Mom but my children are grown, my DD has a webkinz account and my granddaughter does too, we all take care of each others, i would open an account for the panda, let each of your girls decorate a room for the Panda and when they go to play with it or take care of it they can go in the room they decorated for the Panda and dress it the way they like, it would be like when the family takes care of the family pet, it is a hard decision to make, you know your girls best and you know what will be best for your family , good luck and let us know what you decided to do.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #43
GammaTwila
Gift Guru

snuggleb68 is just really nicesnuggleb68 is just really nice

There is the off chance you could get more?? Ok, so that was far reaching, so how about this idea. Sell it on ebay - hopefully for the $300 someone mentioned and use that money to buy more cards. Thus upping the chance for everyone to get one. I think a box of cards goes for 50-70. I'm not sure there is a magical pet in every box, but the box I bought had one for series three. Good luck and you are right, hard decision!
snuggleb68 is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #44

kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell
kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell

I'm not a mom but i watch little kids a lot and they would fight a lot over things they are brother and sister and if you try to share it may not go well, i would say sell it. if i had it i would sell it so can give money to my brother.
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #45
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

This really is a tough decision and a difficult place to be in. I have two girls and there is no way I could ever decide how to split the pet up either. I had a friend that found a Magical Retriever and sold it on eBay when it first came out. She is very happy with the decision. My initial reaction was shock because I didn't think that I could never sell something as rare as that. After I thought about it for a bit, I realized I would have much rather had the cash to fund our addiction.

If the situation was different and values had dropped, I'd definitely consider keeping it for myself If the going rate is $300, I agree - sell it while it's hot!
kayembee is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #46
~{Midnight.Train}~

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

I'm not a mom but having a little brother has taught me what can happen when a webbie pops up in a trading card. If I were you, I wouldn't sell it. Sure they're going for a lot but they're so rare that you might be disappointed if you don't find another one. I agree with a lot of people, create a new account just for the panda. All agree on the name, room, etc. Hopefully, everyone will be happy with the decision. Also, try talking to your kids but make it clear that none of them can have it all to themselves. I just think that you and your kids should make the decision together. Good luck with you mystical panda!
Lolo12 is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #47
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

rmwtew is a splendid one to beholdrmwtew is a splendid one to beholdrmwtew is a splendid one to beholdrmwtew is a splendid one to behold

I would probably sell it - never even let them know. Then let them each pick out a really special one, maybe an outfit, etc. But, the advice about having an account just for that webkinz was a good idea too.
rmwtew is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #48
very addicted to

aibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond repute

First, Congrats on that wonderful find. I am also a mom, of 4. We all have an account except one, she is tooooo young. It is your card, you can do as you choose. I found a monkey on my card and the kids got mad. I would hate to see if I got something so rare! I would either sell it and take the money to get more cards and pets. Or I would adopt it on my own account and get the kids their own cards to see if they get something. You know deep down that if one of the kids got a pet, they would keep it and wouldn't care if anyone was jealous or even think of giving it up to ebay or another family member much less a shared account.

---------- aibowers added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

If you do sell it, buy everyone a super special pet, cards and clothes, but don't tell them where the money came from.

Last edited by aibowers; 03-11-2009 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
aibowers is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #49
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

I would advise against selling it. No matter how hard you try to keep it a secret, your girls are bound to find out, and I wouldn't like to be around when they do! Secrets always get found out in the end.

Also, selling it just seems wrong to me. It's against the spirit in which it was given to you. It was meant to be a really special thrill, a pet to be treasured, and not a quick profit. In fact, although it is impossible to enforce such a rule, I believe that it is against your user agreement with WW.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #50
elcome 2014!!
Gift Coach

funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence
funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I would either sell it or open it on a new account ~ whichever I personally felt more comfortable with. In this case I would probably sell it since the kids would all fight over it. Or I would just tell them that I found it and love it and want to keep it for my own, lol.
Closed