Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #21
MonkeyGirl41
Webkinz :)

MonkeyGirl41 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: I NEED ADVICE!! HELP MOMS!!!

I'm not a mom but I can tell ya what my mother would probably do...

I have 3 sisters, my removed sister & my 20 year old sister (I'm removed) play Webkinz along with me and my mom and dad. If she got something special like that she would probably give it as a gift to whoever has the next birthday. Sure my removed sister would be jealous, but she would get over it because it was someone else's birthday. But then again, she might just Ebay it or do what I'm about to post below. I really don't know what she would do but those are some ideas that she would probably do, LOL.

So anyway, here's a idea...How about you put the Panda on a new account and have you and your girls share it? You could all take turns and that way no one would get jealous or upset.

Congrats on the Panda and good luck!
~MG

Last edited by COWS4YOU; 03-11-2009 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: removed ages
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #22

ttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonderttfntigger wows us all with wonder

Okay, well I understand your situation! First, let me say "BRAVO" for not spilling the beans!! I would have a hard time not telling my guys! Don't know how you did it! My initial thought would be to open a new account for the Mystical Panda only, and have all share it. But, depending on age and personalities, that may prove difficult as well! I know my guys would be great with that, but only because they would be so excited about the panda! But, after reading all of the other WI members suggestions about selling it on Ebay, I think that may be a nice idea as well! Extra cash infusions are always nice! Although, I have to say I would feel too guilty about doing that (I'm a sap, LOL) without asking them which option they would both prefer! But, that defeats the whole purpose of keeping it quiet in the first place, lol! You are in a "parental pickle", LOL! You sound like a great mom, I know the right solution for you and your girls will come to you!!!!! Good luck! Oh, and keep us posted, please! ttfntigger

Last edited by ttfntigger; 03-12-2009 at 02:30 AM.. Reason: spelling error
ttfntigger is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #23
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

OK I'm gonna buck the trend here. I'm a Mom too, with 3 kids now all grown up. You enjoy Webkinz, so you should keep it for yourself. The reason: you're the mother and you make the decisions. When they grow up, they can make the decisions. After all, we're not talking about food or medicines here, but a hobby. There have to be advantages to being the grown-up. Otherwise, why should the kids want to grow up?

Use this opportunity to nip jealous behaviour in the bud. If they fight, this is an opportunity to help them get along. Teach them about envy, and how to overcome it, and how to appreciate what they do have. If they are being honest, they will admit that you are the one most deserving of this special treat, since you do so much for them.

Have fun and don't feel guilty!

And another thought: if one of your children had been the one to find the panda in their pack of cards, that child would have got to keep it. You wouldn't have taken it away and sold it on ebay without their permission, or given it to another child, or taken it for yourself.

Last edited by Webberlily; 03-11-2009 at 04:25 PM..
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #24
Cattails5

cattails5 will become famous soon enough

your cards - your pet. Or I like the idea of starting an account with just that pet on it and letting all of you playing with it - you could take turns caring for it, and each of the kids could donate stuff and do a room in it's house or something.

I have a box of series three packs I haven't even opened because I don't want to fight with my dd if we only find one special pet.
cattails5 is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #25
I'm Backkk!!!!
Gift Trainee

xoL0VExo is just really nicexoL0VExo is just really nice

Well, if you bought it with your own money, and it was your trading card pack... it's rightfully yours!
xoL0VExo is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #26
shelyn72
Gifted

shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

I suppose it would depend on the ages of the children. If they're old enough to understand, then I would explain the situation to them and we would all decide together what we'd do with the pet. Explain the options and discuss it as a family. If they're not really old enough for that, then I'd have to agree with the posters who suggested selling it.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #27
Gift Guru

californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!

Oh, it is so tempting to keep!
Im not a mom, but if I was you Id sell it...maybe get each girl a new Webkinz (or two) and a box of trading cards to share, and maybe one of them will win a panda themselves
californiax24 is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #28
I love my

LiMeGrEeN is on a distinguished road

Let me tell you one thing...............KEEP IT!!!!!! they are very rare. Tell your kids and maybe put it on Your own account but they can all help take care of it...So they all own it. You know? Just tell me what you end up doing with it.
LiMeGrEeN is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #29
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

I'd keep it for yourself! After all it is yours, and this way the kids won't fight over it, because let's face it, they'll be overruled by a higher-power (you). Besides they'll all be dying to "visit" the Panda on your account, and this way there's limited to no jealousy, because HEY! it belongs to Mom.
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 03-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #30
hite n Fluffy Love!
Gift Guru

calabelle is a creator of wonder
calabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wonder

I would keep it! I think the Panda is darling. Have you seen pictures of it? She has stars on her back and she sparkles! and her bed is just magical. Ok... If you are addicted to webkinz (what mom isnt?!?!) I would put it on your account and explain that "you found it" and your girls can still play with it on your account and "visit" with the panda when they want to see it. Kids do not play on webkinz for very long, they check in for a little bit before going off to do something else. I think the pet is worth adopting, she is soo rare and would die if I found a rare pet!

Be careful adopting bc of all the glitches! GL!
calabelle is offline Female
Closed