Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

Default Unanswered: I need advice :'(

1. I played violin in school, where they have those free lessons and stuff for 2 years,
and we bought a violin and everything, and I hate it now, since I got a really mean teacher, and I had no friends in my class, and I always had to miss class, and also go to school early for it.
But I want to quit, and my mom said no because I was the one who wanted to do it in the first place and I had to stick with it. But playing violin is like, TORTURE to me. I used to play piano and they bought me this really expensive grand piano, and I quit after two years cause it got boring again. IDK what to do now.

2. MY GLASSES ARE SERIOUS TORTURE TO ME!! I look really really horrible in them, and people say I do. My parents make me wear them, but I always take them off in school, I only wear it when they're around. I can't get contacts until my next checkup which is next year.

---------- gripperluverxxoo added 6 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

PLEASE HELP

Last edited by gripperluverxxoo; 08-01-2008 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
PMme4it
Gift Guru

DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!DramaQueen is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: I need advice :'(

1. Tough....Is there a way to switch teachers or is there only one? Maybe if you took private lessons thru the school instead of that class...I know at some schools, the older kids give lessons for free or real cheap. At our church, our music minister helps the kids too....maybe that would be an option...or do you just really want to quit? If so, try one more time sitting down with your parents and talking to them. Honestly tell them how you feel, but don't whine or complain, just speak from you heart. I really hope they listen to you...(You can always sell the violin to get the money back..post an ad at the school or on ebay)
2. They make some cool glasses real cheap now...you can get them at Hallmark, wal=mart and target...maybe you can do extra chores around the house to earn some money and get a better looking pair. Take a friend with you to help you choose. I wear glasses too and can NEVER pick out a pair that looks good. I take my BFF with me when I can. I will pray that your parents are more understanding and really listen to you....LMK how things turn out.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
sixie

I wish I could help you with your glasses, but all I can say is that it's not good for your eyes to not wear them like you should.

As for the violin, maybe you could try playing it as a fiddle instead and you might enjoy it more. Violins and fiddles are the same instruments, they are just played in a different manner.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I have to wear glasses and I can't wear contacts until next year or maybe later.
My parents don't think I'm "responsible."
I LOVE the violin. I've been playing for 3 and a half years. I honestly don't have any sugestions. I'd die without Bob (what I named my violin when I first started. xDDD All my friends and even my teacher call it Bob.)
Lea is offline Female
Old 08-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
Webkinz :)

squiresrd01 has much to be proud ofsquiresrd01 has much to be proud ofsquiresrd01 has much to be proud ofsquiresrd01 has much to be proud ofsquiresrd01 has much to be proud of

I would say that you should stick to learning your violin. I am in band class too and I always wanted to play the saxophone but to do that I had to play clarinet for at least a year. So, I played clarinet for a year, torture to me, and thankfully I got the saxophone the next year. Learning an instrument is awsome and when you get really good at it you'll be happy that you stayed in.
squiresrd01 is offline Female
Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
lilorchie1o1
Webkinz :)

ice_monkey1o1 is on a distinguished road

maybe u could beg your mom and dad to get new glasses thats all i got
icee~
Closed