Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
Gifted

kinzluvr2614 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: I Need Advice!

Hi. Ive been a member here at WI for a long time; however, I havent been on the site in about 6 months. You see, like everyone here, I'm obsessed with webkinz. But, towards the middle of this past school year, all my friends lost complete interest with them. I'm not going to lie, I did a little too, but just a little. So, I told my mom I lost interest in Webkinz, and I threw all 23 of them to the side of the bed. A few months later, I started sneaking on the site again, and before I knew it, my obsession once again began. But the last time I had gotten a webkinz was when I got 3 for christmas and oh! I wanted more, because adopting them is the best part! So, today I went by Walgreens and picked up 2 lil kinz. (it felt so great!) My mom has no clue I got them. I hid them in a drawer so no one would notice. But, there's no way I can keep doing that because i can't afford buying these like my mom used to buy them for me...and besides, Walgreens only has about 3 different lil kinz in stock. So, i really want to tell my mom that I like them again, and that I just told her i didnt because I didnt want to be embarrassed, but then my brothers will probably find it and they will make fun of me just like they always do. But my moms cool and i think she maybe wont tell them, but I'm nervous because its like really random...and I dont know! WHAT DO I DO???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

~THANKS 4 READING!!! p.s. i know this is kinda pathetic but...thanks for helping!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: I Need Advice!

I really feel you should be honest with your mom. Tell her that you have changed your mind and you still find enjoyment with webkinz. Its hard for you because your peers do not share this interest, but you would still like to privately enjoy it. There is nothing wrong with you liking webkinz beyond your peers. Feel strong, empower yourself to be you and just be truthful. Talk to mom about being teased by your brothers and share ideas of how you can enjoy WW without such attack from friends and family.
Tula is offline Female
Old 07-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

Lettykinz is a creator of wonder
Lettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonderLettykinz is a creator of wonder

You're not pathetic at all. I'm a mom, so I know that if my son or daughter came and told me everything you just put in your post, I'd be okay with it. I would encourage honesty at all times (oh, and I'd probably tell you brothers to leave you alone). I think you already know that sneaking things doesn't feel so good.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I think you should tell your mom that you have started playing and would like to buy a few. You should not sneak around and keep secrets from your family. Just ignore if you brothers make fun of you, all that matters if you like them. Good Luck!

PS-please do not write in royal blue. That color is reserved for the mods when they edit posts.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 07-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
Westielover123

xoxoAmandaxoxo is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand the problem you're going through! This past school year I didn't like Webkinz as much and had a new addiction - MySpace. However, recently the Webkinz samoyed came out and I just HAD to get it, because of its cuteness! Soon enough my love for Webkinz has rekindled.

But anyway, about you:
Hiding the Webkinz won't help. It'll just make you feel worse, and besides, that way someone's bound to find out sooner or later. So, get your mom when she's not busy or anything and ask her if you can talk to her privately. Tell her that you have started liking to play on Webkinz again, and bought two at Walgreens today. But then ask her if she won't tell your brothers, because you don't want to get teased. If she's as cool as you say she is, she'll understand.
And if your friends have an opinion about Webkinz that's not the same as yours... who cares? If they bother you about it, say, "Well, you know me, I still think it's a fun website." Or if you're still nervous about telling them or whatever you can just say, "Oh, I like to play the games when I'm bored, and my account was about to expire."

Don't worry. There are millions of kids, teenagers, and adults alike who all love Webkinz. You sound like a teenager, and I am too, so it doesn't matter if you get on Webkinz or not! It doesn't have anything to do with your personality or whatever so it shouldn't be a big deal.

=)

And that's my advice. Ha.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
wants her spinny.
Gift Guru

Desigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond repute

Just tell your mom that you like them again, and don't care what your friend thinks if she knows you like them again.
Desigher is offline Female
Old 07-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #7
ask me for it :)
Gifted

pawsonmagic is on a distinguished road

I think you should tell your mom!!
I have lost interest many times.. But soon just get hooked again! Your mom will understand- trust me. And who cares what other people think?? Your brothers will maybe make fun of you, but who really cares? You like them, that is all that matters! Maybe you don't like something of theres, that is just having different taste..
Tell her!! THEY ROCK
Old 07-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #8
Never To Old For

Collie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

I think you should just tell your Mom, that after taking a break from Webkinz, you want to go back again. It's better than trying to hide it from her.
Maybe you could ask her not to tell your brothers because of the teasing.
You shouldn't worry and just have fun on Webkinz again.
Collie Lover is offline Female
Old 07-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #9
Gifted

kinzluvr2614 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Everyone! I Will! I Really Appreciate It! You All Rock!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #10
Gift Guru

marthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond reputemarthaaa has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Level 2 

I'm a mom and an aunt and also love to adopt pets too!!! As an adult, I really appreciate some of the lessons WW teaches kids so I think it's great. Also, your mom is going to adore you no matter what, so just be honest with her and tell her you didn't want your brothers teasing you. I bet you'll be surprised! Enjoy your pets.
marthaaa is offline Female
Closed