Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
Gifted
paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!

Default Answered: I Keep gettng redirected off WI

Ok, first off I hope I put this in the right section xD. This has happened a few times in the past few days (but I don't go on WI too often, so it's pretty common). I am redirected to an ad for "*********" sometimes. Once, on the front home page, a few times when I click from the front page to the forum, and I just got it again when I opened a thread in a new tab (so I know it wasnt from accidentally double-clicking something). I'm pretty sure I remember a similar problem a long time ago or something
I'm going to attach a picture. I think there's like diferent versions of the ad because this is the first time I got a "new years themed" one, usually i get a plain one
heres the url from the ad : *********
Is anyone else having this problem? Am I supposed to tell somebody or something? uhh yeah thanks in advance
Edit: also in that picture, I had a facebook tab open, but I opened that tab AFTER the ad popped up, so it wasn't from that... just in case anyone was concerned about that
Attached Images
File Type: jpgGRRR.jpg (165.8 KB, 12 views)
paws is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by MissGnomie
Have you tried scanning your computer for virus'--or more specifically adware? That sounds like a pop up caused by Adware/spyware, which can infect your computer and redirect your browser to sites it wants you to view (usually something it would like to sell you).

May be something to check out.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
e remember 9/11
Webkinz :)

aaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: I Keep gettng redirected off WI

Very odd. I haven't had this happen before. Is it possible you're clicking anywhere while it's loading? I have sometimes been online, and while it's redirecting/loading a page I can still click a link. Perhaps you are accidentaly clicking an ad, which is my best guess. Hope you're able to get it under control!!!

~Aaonbighugs2
aaonbighugs2 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #3

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Have you tried scanning your computer for virus'--or more specifically adware? That sounds like a pop up caused by Adware/spyware, which can infect your computer and redirect your browser to sites it wants you to view (usually something it would like to sell you).

May be something to check out.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 02-26-2011, 06:44 AM   #4
Yipes bunnies
Webkinz :)

Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all
Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all

a while back i picked up malware that was re-rirecting me off of WI to another site. On your computer do a search for the word "Magoo" that is the name of the virus I had and if you have it listed youll have to get rid of it. I scan with Ad=Aware (free program from the web) and it found it after Windows Security and aother did not.
Lucy Hippo is offline Female
Old 02-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

That sound exactly like you have Malware on your system. You should run a good Virus Scan on your system ASAP. That'll get rid of the bad programming on your computer and will get rid of the problem.
FIA is offline Female
Old 02-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
Gifted
paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!

I'll be sure to do that. Ehh this stinks ... Thanks a lot though haha
paws is offline Female
Closed