Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
Gift Guru

penguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default I keep getting redirected to other sites!

I've been getting redirected to other sites from here for the past few days. I will have WI open, but not be doing anything (no clicking, usually just playing webkinz with this site in the background) and I keep hearing talking and getting redirected to other sites.

This is becoming really bothersome and I'm beginning to think this could cause a problem for my computer...

I have pop up blocker on, so I thought this shouldn't be happening. If this is something that WI is allowing, is very disheartening and should not be allowed to happen.

Any help or ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #12
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: I keep getting redirected to other sites!

I am working on it, everyone needs to be patient. I have to sort through thousands of potential ads to find the offending advertiser.
Justin is offline Male
Old 11-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #13
my dogs babies r
Webkinz :)

eyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

Oh thanks, I thought I was doing something....to make it re-direct.

I will be patient.
eyeluvdogs5 is offline Female
Old 11-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #14
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

I thought I had found it this morning, because the "Congratulations! You've Won!" came up in the ad console... It takes a few hours to propagate, so I can't be sure 100% that it was the one causing all the issues. It is likely that it was the cause, but I am continuing my search. I have *NO* idea how that one was allowed because I had blocked the specific advertiser from ever appearing but somehow the ad network bypassed that setting and it enabled this ad!
Justin is offline Male
Old 11-09-2009, 09:59 AM   #15
Country Music = ♥

Heathmoo is a name known to allHeathmoo is a name known to allHeathmoo is a name known to all

okay, thanks justin! the same thing is happening to me. it says like, "congratulations! you won!" and then it sends me to another site.
Heathmoo is offline Female
Old 11-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #16
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Thanks so much Justin! I appreciate the info and the effort.
Desty is offline Female
Old 11-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #17
Gift Guru

penguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledgepenguinchi flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
I am working on it, everyone needs to be patient. I have to sort through thousands of potential ads to find the offending advertiser.
View Post Originally Posted by Justin
I thought I had found it this morning, because the "Congratulations! You've Won!" came up in the ad console... It takes a few hours to propagate, so I can't be sure 100% that it was the one causing all the issues. It is likely that it was the cause, but I am continuing my search. I have *NO* idea how that one was allowed because I had blocked the specific advertiser from ever appearing but somehow the ad network bypassed that setting and it enabled this ad!
Thanks SOOOOO much Justin! I'm not a computer whiz by any means and I didn't have any idea if I was doing something to cause this or if was being looked into. I should have realized that you would be on the case! THANKS again!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #18
GiantPandaLover11

Pandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond reputePandah has a reputation beyond repute

Default Fake virus scanner pop up here on WI-Help?

Hi,yesterday when I was on WI,I left the page open to load WW. A popup saying 'YOUR COMPUTER IS IN DANGER. SCANNING COMPUTER NOW.' from a totally bogus virus scanner that was NOT mine. I had to restart my entire computer to make it go away. It's one of those popups that,when you click off it,it just keeps coming right back up. These types of sites are usually ways to get into the computer to plant viruses,keyloggers,and the like. People trust this sort of sites as a virus scanner,but THEY ARE NOT. If this pops up for you,DO NOT click it. Restart your computer and run a REAL virus scan from your virus protection software you have installed in your computer.
I have pop-up blocker installed,but it didn't block it. How can I prevent it from popping up again?

If the mods and admins need the link to this potentially dangerous site,I still have it. I just don't feel safe browsing WI anymore.
Pandah is offline Female
Old 11-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #19
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

Thank you so much Justin for addressing this. Over the past few days I have seen different threads about similar problems and I myself have had them.
I was getting a little tired of the "it's just your computer" line and then the thread being closed.
If several people are reporting the the same or similar problems then it is not their computer.
I have very good up to date antivirus software as well as spyware/malware protection, ad blockers and I am STILL getting things from WI.

I really appreciate your trying to fix this. Too much more and my hubby is going to make me stop coming.
blessedx5 is offline Female
Old 11-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #20
Jenna.....
Banned
WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!

This isn't happening to me So i don't get HOW WI should be having problems
WebkinzFireFawn is offline Female
Closed