Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #11
Webkinz :)
Midreams has a spectacular aura aboutMidreams has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: I keep getting logged out!

I've had this happen several times in the last few days, too, and it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one. Hopefully, those of you who are frustrated realize how insignificant an unexpected log out is in the grand scheme of things. I'm thinking of plenty of people around the world who would love to have the opportunity to log on, let alone worry about being logged out unexpectedly.

I did want to comment on the inevitable "Why don't you try clearing your cache? response, because it always reminds me so strongly of the very earliest days of America Online, and gasp, if anyone can remember, Prodigy. I had the opportunity to work with (not for) both of those online companies, back in the day, and I spent several days onsite at both headquarters, including time with the "tech help" staff.

By this point, you're wondering "what in the world does any of this have to do with 'did you clear your cache?"", but it does...

I can't tell you how many hours I sat there listening to "tech help" tell EVERY SINGLE person who called "You need to uninstall the program, and then reinstall it again." No matter what your problem, no matter what your symptom, your problem could be cured with a reinstall. The folks here who can be counted on to suggest "clearing your cache" would have very much enjoyed working in "tech help" at AOL and Prodigy in the early 90's!

Here's hoping they get this inadvertent log-out problem fixed quickly - otherwise, I guess I'll just have to break down and clear my cache!
Midreams is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #12

Phoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud of

I was in the middle of the Academy when it logged me out this morning. Intelligence is my best game and now I have a fail!
Phoebe's Mom is offline Female
Old 04-15-2011, 06:02 AM   #13
Web Records!

WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master
WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master

It's happened to me several times the last couple days as well, and I've read comments about it around on other threads. I do hope they can iron out this glitch. It's frustrating in the middle of a once-a-day game or class.
WebCats139 is offline Female
Old 04-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #14
Come in and see the
Gift Guru

swanjo is the cats pajamas!swanjo is the cats pajamas!swanjo is the cats pajamas!swanjo is the cats pajamas!swanjo is the cats pajamas!swanjo is the cats pajamas!

It has just happened to me four times on four different accounts today..usually the only way these things get fixed right away is if it gets posted on the front page of WI or if we all call and let them know there is a problem. It is really annoying..I got logged out while trying to do a zum challenge on one account and on another one a fairy was opening a pod to give me a prize, so I lost both things...grrrr
Old 04-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #15
Honey2800

Honey2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant future

It logs me out when I am gardening. And I have cleared my cashe several times. It is still logging me out when I garden.
Honey2800 is offline Female
Old 04-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #16
KKsMommy
KKsMommy has much to be proud ofKKsMommy has much to be proud ofKKsMommy has much to be proud ofKKsMommy has much to be proud ofKKsMommy has much to be proud of

Glad to know I'm not the only one this is happening to. And seconding (thirding? fourthing?) the opinion that it's particularly annoying in the middle of once-a-days (as well as when you're doing well in a game & have earned a boatload of KC).

I admire your positive attitude, Midreams, but I'm finding it hard to emulate.
KKsMommy is offline Female
Old 04-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #17
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

View Post Originally Posted by Midreams
I've had this happen several times in the last few days, too, and it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one. Hopefully, those of you who are frustrated realize how insignificant an unexpected log out is in the grand scheme of things. I'm thinking of plenty of people around the world who would love to have the opportunity to log on, let alone worry about being logged out unexpectedly.

I did want to comment on the inevitable "Why don't you try clearing your cache? response, because it always reminds me so strongly of the very earliest days of America Online, and gasp, if anyone can remember, Prodigy. I had the opportunity to work with (not for) both of those online companies, back in the day, and I spent several days onsite at both headquarters, including time with the "tech help" staff.

By this point, you're wondering "what in the world does any of this have to do with 'did you clear your cache?"", but it does...

I can't tell you how many hours I sat there listening to "tech help" tell EVERY SINGLE person who called "You need to uninstall the program, and then reinstall it again." No matter what your problem, no matter what your symptom, your problem could be cured with a reinstall. The folks here who can be counted on to suggest "clearing your cache" would have very much enjoyed working in "tech help" at AOL and Prodigy in the early 90's!

Here's hoping they get this inadvertent log-out problem fixed quickly - otherwise, I guess I'll just have to break down and clear my cache!
This a surely a fast into the past...Oh how I remember...but we have come a long way with computers. I found that a lot of times, I will do cc cleaner, defrag and spybot my system, it helps at times. But if they are having a problem at there end, there is nothing we can do. Switching to using Firefox instead of IE has also helped.
Thanks for the memories
Babs is offline Female
Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #18
janesosquare
Gift Guru

missquarejane is just really nicemissquarejane is just really nice

Happened to me today about 10 seconds into my MH Gift Grab. now of course i can't do it for today as it considers me done. *le sigh*

I noticed that if you leave your account alone for a few minutes without doing anything and then come back and play, you are more likely to be logged out. it's almost like WW starts a dormant timer and it doesn't shut off when you start moving your mouse or playing again. i was checking posts here while MH was loading and then when playing again, that's when the logout issue happened. HMMMMM.
missquarejane is offline Female
Old 04-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #19

windcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forum
windcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forum

Thank you all for reporting this problem. It happened to me, and I got freaked out that someone knew my password.
windcolors is offline Female
Old 04-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #20
I Love Cats!

crazycatlady13 will become famous soon enough

I got logged out too! Right in the middle of doing a job! It's highly irritating. It happened to me yesterday also, but that was when I was at my house.
crazycatlady13 is offline Female
Closed