Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #31
marnabear
Webkinz :)

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Default Re: I keep getting hacked while on here

View Post Originally Posted by Amyloveswebkinz
Problem is our IE has not been working right due to everytime opening it up it tries taking us to different sites automatically and wont let us go anywhere. So, the repairmen put Mozilla on and said not to use IE anymore.
We also have AVG, and we have so many different spyware protection programs too.

Also, does the Insider subscription thing, do we have to have paypal to do it?
Thanks,
Amy
If your internet explorer is taking you to other places it sounds as though you have a trojan. Your "repairman" should have been able to fix that.
marnabear is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #32
Friends Always!

My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds
My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by kittyhub54
I have had that happen three times, and once, while on a thread to help make animations, I clicked on the link that gave you the free program to make the animations and my computer instantly turned off. Then when I turned it on again, it said that the computer shut down immediately to protect files and the computer...it was very scary because my new computer has lots of stuff I do not want to loose...thank god for that....
Ask someone by you for help in how to make backups. You should always make a backup of your important stuff that you don't want to lose, because even if you don't get a virus, your computer can just crash for the 'fun of it'. If there's something you can't lose, back it up. Every computer is set up a little differently, so if you don't know how to back up, ask.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #33
Gifted

BubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond repute

This has happened before on WI; it was really bad a couple of months ago. Users were being re-directed to an Asian website, and viruses were being installed as well. As a matter of fact, I still have the 2 viruses that were being installed in quarantine...Mal/Obfjs-X and Mal/Obfj-Y. I run Webroot, it caught them and told me to run a virus scan, but not until after they had installed themselves on my computer. I think it was coming from one of the advertisers, it stopped after 3 or 4 days. I assume they rooted out the culprits and removed their ads from the website. I hope they find out where this one's coming from pretty quick, it's happened to me a couple of times today, too.
BubbaGump is offline Male
Old 01-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #34
Call me Zingy ;)
Banned
zingyginger is a WI addict!
zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!zingyginger is a WI addict!

It's definitely from the ads and, earlier, FIA said Justin was working on blocking it. I thought it was gone then I got it again a few minutes ago. If someone notices which ad causes it, it would help a lot so pls post if you happen to catch the ad right before it happens.
zingyginger is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #35
Friends Always!

My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds
My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by Zaixionito
Can anyone take a screenshot of what the antivirus looks like if you download it? If you don't have it yet, don't try to get it. If you do, we could tell what it is. And find a remover.
There seem to be a few causing problems, based on the responses. I did not get that lemongrass page, but did get the anti-virus trojans and eventually the spyware got on my computer. When you have over 20 trojans popping up all at one time, some that require me to click an action, something is going to get through by mistake. I didn't take a screen shot, but as soon as the spyware went on, my desktop background, which is usually a pretty ocean scene, was changed to a hideous green color. I had no control over that, I lost task manager (that makes it almost impossible to deal with), and then a bright red circle with a white x inside of it appeared on my lower tool bar. That circle is what you need to get off. It generates a LOT of pop-ups that give you fake warnings about trojans (basically a warning about itself if you think about it...). IF you click on any of those and agree to download their software to "fix" it, you will be downloading even more stuff and be even more heavily infected than you already are. In my case, it was file smss32.exe, causing the trouble. File smss is fine, but not if it has 32 after it.

HOWEVER, it seems like we're all getting different things. My suggestion is that if you end up downloading anything by mistake, don't panic. Google whatever your symptoms are. In my case, I googled, "red circle with x spyware" and got lots of hits. I found one that fit my computer system and took care of it. There is tons of info available, but the trick is to google it. And get help in fixing it if you aren't savvy.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #36
ebheads love

rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine
rollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshinerollingfur is a ray of sunshine

I am so glad that this thread was started. I had this happen a couple of months ago and didn't think anything of it. Then yesterday and today it has happened a TON. I keep "The Official Doug The Dog Tracking" up. I noticed the tab was blinking and when I go to it WI is gone and there is the "your at risk thing". Sorry that I don't know what ad it is.

However, I am sooooooooooooooo happy to know taht I am not losing my mind.
rollingfur is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #37

kitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Same just happen to me 5 minutes ago!
It wants me to download an antivirus progrm!
And I even have McAfee.
kitkat20 is offline Male
Old 01-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #38
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Hmm, I hope your not..
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #39
Gifted

BubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond reputeBubbaGump has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
I have had the same thing happen three times today.

I have used my malware to check and no viruses. I think it is through Firefox.

I looked it up and Firefox has had trouble with "suspected" sites before.

Is everyone with problems using Firefox?

It is defiantly NOT WI. It is your server.
You're right, it's not WI; but it's not anybody's server, either. It's one of the advertisers on WI, I'm sure it will be dealt with as soon as the WI braintrust figures out which one is responsible.

BTW, I don't use Firefox, I use IE.
BubbaGump is offline Male
Old 01-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #40

kitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonderkitkat20 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

How much is the WI2 Member thing?
kitkat20 is offline Male
Closed