Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #11
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: I keep getting hacked while on here

I have had the same thing happen three times today.

I have used my malware to check and no viruses. I think it is through Firefox.

I looked it up and Firefox has had trouble with "suspected" sites before.

Is everyone with problems using Firefox?

It is defiantly NOT WI. It is your server.
rockermom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #12
elcome aboard
Webkinz :)

COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness
COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness

I use Firefox but have had no problems (so far). Don't know if this helps though! Good luck!
COONYCOON is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I don't use Firefox. I'm using Internet Explorer.
Desty is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #14
Friends Always!

My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds
My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I have had 4 similar messages today on this site. I keep getting a pop-up message that I need to download an anti-virus program, and then I get booted off line. I have Norton downloaded already, and have done scans every day. It's just annoying, but a real virus never shows up.
This happened to me last week. I had 20 pop-ups attack me and in one case, I mishandled something and spyware got on my computer. Being a WI member didn't help because it happened while the WI homepage was loading, so I had no chance to sign in to get the ads off. Computer was down for a couple of days and I avoided this site for days until I had the nerve to come back. It IS the ads, not the site, I might add. If it does happen to you and you get a red circle with a white x on your toolbar, do not click on anything that tries to load anti-virus software on your computer. It is a fake message and will only make things worse. Instead, do a search in Google for smss32.exe and you will find solutions to how to get it off.

I'm glad you posted this thread. We can help each other!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #15
Friends Always!

My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds
My Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no boundsMy Escape knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by COONYCOON
I use Firefox but have had no problems (so far). Don't know if this helps though! Good luck!
Hi Coonycoon! This is exactly what brought me to a crashing halt last week. It's not a Firefox-specific problem. You're good.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #16

tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible
tarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossibletarayvonne challenges the impossible

It just happened to me as well, minutes ago. It's happened before too. I just click my internet back button and it takes me right back to WI. No big deal. I have Norton Antivirus so I'm protected anyway.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #17

windcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forum
windcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forumwindcolors rocks the forum

I had the "sweet lemon grass" page come up too. If it is actually malware or a virus, it should not be allowed. It didn't do anything to me computer because I didn't click on the page (I have MacAfee)
windcolors is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #18

Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true
Margo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be trueMargo is too good to be true

Great, I am getting them too. Hate that.
Margo is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #19
furbyamy

Amyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Problem is our IE has not been working right due to everytime opening it up it tries taking us to different sites automatically and wont let us go anywhere. So, the repairmen put Mozilla on and said not to use IE anymore.
We also have AVG, and we have so many different spyware protection programs too.

Also, does the Insider subscription thing, do we have to have paypal to do it?
Thanks,
Amy
Amyloveswebkinz is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #20
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

I just got hacked... And I know for a fact that my virus software is up to date. I have never had any problems like this.

P.S. I use Google Chrome. This doesn't seem to be a one-browser thing.

Of course it happens after editing something and not having saved it yet....

Last edited by Galfam; 01-20-2010 at 07:52 PM..
Galfam is offline Male
Closed