Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
furbyamy
Webkinz :)

Amyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Answered: I keep getting hacked while on here

I think I might be getting hacked or something.
For the past couple of days while I'm just on here, I get taken to another site and here is what just came up on the screen
"Reported Attack Site!
This web site at sweetlemongrass.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.
Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

Last edited by FIA; 01-21-2010 at 11:09 AM..
Amyloveswebkinz is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Justin
Here we go... Please keep an eye out for me!

Quote:
Thank you for all of your assistance and information. All the details provided, helped our team locate the offending advertiser. The advertiser has been removed from the exchange. We thank you for your support during this issue and assure you that we will continue to do our best to keep these offenders off the exchange.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
hat's up? I'm a
Gift Guru

NICE8x is a name known to allNICE8x is a name known to allNICE8x is a name known to all

Default Re: I keep getting hacked while on here

It is not itself but the ads and pop ups on WI. The only reason they are on WI are to fund it and keep it going. What virus protection do you have? Some make it really easy to fix these sorts of problems.

NICE8x

NOTE: Webkinz Insider does NOT have Pop Up advertisements. If you see a pop up while you are on WI (and you don't have any other sites open), please run a virus scan ASAP. Your computer might have malware on it. --FIA

Last edited by FIA; 01-20-2010 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: .
Old 01-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

While your on WI? that can't be good. i'd contact justin about it!

if you have adblock or pop-up block it should be fine. purchasing WI2 with WI bucks or for 5 dollars would prevent that to

Last edited by pup5115; 01-20-2010 at 08:00 PM..
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 01-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I have had 4 similar messages today on this site. I keep getting a pop-up message that I need to download an anti-virus program, and then I get booted off line. I have Norton downloaded already, and have done scans every day. It's just annoying, but a real virus never shows up.
Desty is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
Gift Guru

katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

Its probably one of those advertisements from a sponsor or something. Just make sure your popup blocker is working and you run a virus scan. Also, deleting your cookies might help, too
katiepup is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Yes, it is because of the ads. If you want to avoid this problem, I would suggest saving 50,000 WI Bucks, or paying for a WI2 subscription. I have one, and I have been FINE on here
Old 01-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
horan's bed
Gift Guru

stormypanda is sweet stuff
stormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuff

That's not good, it happened to you on WI? It is probably because of the ads on here, though it's never happened to me yet.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
Gift Guru

katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I have had 4 similar messages today on this site. I keep getting a pop-up message that I need to download an anti-virus program, and then I get booted off line. I have Norton downloaded already, and have done scans every day. It's just annoying, but a real virus never shows up.
Was it a fake virus scan?
katiepup is offline Female
Old 01-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

katiepup, I think they mean the same thing that you started a thread on a few days ago, actually
Old 01-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #10
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I didn't click on the pop up at all. I just went to my own anti-virus program and ran a scan. nothing came up.
When I had my 'Insider Insider' subscription, I didn't have any of these things, so I know it must be the ads. I'm saving up again to renew that.
Desty is offline Female
Closed