Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 02:26 AM   #1
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Question Unanswered: i have a STRANGE ww problem, need solution

i have a strange problem............. a friend gave me a ww account that they did not want anymore and had no time for anymore................. that is a GREAT THING. i know!!! i was stunned she just gave me the username and password. i tried to talk her out of it but she jsut doesnt want it anymore................. i told her id take care of it for her and if she changes her mind it will be there for her........................ but my problem is this.................

she does not know the original email she signed up with the account on, and you need that in order to validate that you own the account to ganz, should you have a problem with the account. i have the birthday, first name, password,username, and one code number of one of the pets. but not the email account since it could be one of about 70 emails.........................

the thing is, i cant really adopt any pets onto the account or invest much time getting kinzcash on it since i will never be able to verify it is really mine without the valid email. i dont want it to expire in a year either, so i guess i could jsut adopt a lil kinz on it, but id like to adopt into it but am afraid of loosing all my real money if there is a glitch someday i cant fix...................

does anyone know how to find the original email you registered an account with ganz? like, would a phone call do it? i cant explain to ganz what happened since its not really allowed , to inherit another's account...................................... any suggestions?

thanks to all ahead of time!!!!!!
BASMAT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2008, 02:38 AM   #2

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: i have a STRANGE ww problem, need solution

the information is on the first page you print when she signed up for webkinz with the first pet . that is the info you need the email address can be used from any account you have. you will need her first and last name, birthday, the pet she adopted first & that pets secret code. then you will need to change the password. that's it . you cannot change the user name. I just took over an account for my niece and we decided that we could keep the password so if she wanted to she could get on if she had the time. I still send her the plush to have. I do haowever see your problem, some people are not honest. but if she gave it to youjust change the password and continue to use it until you have sent all the valuable things to one account and just decorate her house. Between my daughters and the accounts we were given we decided to organize all the accounts ony 2 have gardens growing so we can still send food to each other & we only adopt on those 2 accounts. good luck with your decision.
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 11-10-2008, 02:41 AM   #3
I dance with my

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

sry! I don't k now how to!
pupso98 is offline Female
Old 11-10-2008, 02:41 AM   #4
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Maybe you could ask them to call or e-mail ganz explaining that she doesn't remember the e-mail she used to sign up on ... I'm sure they have to have that happen to other people ... she could give them all the other info + such to verify that she owns the account ...

Try that ?
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 11-10-2008, 02:50 AM   #5
clydiebaby

Clydiebaby is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by sno4270
Maybe you could ask them to call or e-mail ganz explaining that she doesn't remember the e-mail she used to sign up on ... I'm sure they have to have that happen to other people ... she could give them all the other info + such to verify that she owns the account ...

Try that ?
Probably not a good idea since it is against Ganz policy to transfer accounts
Clydiebaby is offline Female
Old 11-10-2008, 02:56 AM   #6
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Clydiebaby
Probably not a good idea since it is against Ganz policy to transfer accounts
Oh I was meaning SHE would do that cause if say, she changed her mind down the road, she would need that info anyway. She wouldn't mention Basmat or what-not I dunno, I've never really done that myself though ...
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 11-10-2008, 03:53 AM   #7
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

well thanks for the suggestions so far! its a stickler of a problem since i really dont want to raid the account in case she wants to play in it at a later date, and its set up real nice too, id love to just start adopting on that account.................and leave it as it is for her, and me too. i guess 3doglife's suggestion is something i will have to look at, the first pets certificate , but she didnt print it out, or lost it, so its just what is online and that doesnt have the email on it anyway.

the only two things i dont have are the FIRST PETS CODE (i have one pets code though , she lost all of them but one........... since she didnt care about ww anymore) and the original email.

i wonder if anyone has actually called ganz for this very same problem , for their own account and had to find out what email they used? or has anyone lost the original pets code and used a different one, and did it work?

if i have to i guess i will have to let the account expire.................. it would be such a terrible shame. i know i could transfer most of the stuff but man, thats such a shame.

please keep the ideas coming.........................
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 11-10-2008, 05:46 AM   #8
Gift Trainee

Arbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure that someone with 70 e-mail accounts (why?!) could lose track of which account was used for Webkinz. Also, many people I know (me included) have misplaced their original registration certificates. Those are valid problems even for the original owner. I don't think either of those issues would preclude you from being recognized as a valid WW account holder if you have all the rest of the information.

When I had a problem with one of my accounts, I just gave Ganz the code number from my newest adopted pet because that is what I had closest to the computer, and I had no problem getting service. I'm guessing you'll be OK, too. Just ask your friend for as many of the pet codes as she can find, so if Ganz asks, you can show that you have almost all of the codes.

As far as the e-mail problem goes, you can try contacting Ganz with a minor issue using your current e-mail address; they respond to any e-mail address you give them. If they ask for the original registration info to verify you're the true account holder, just tell them honestly that it was misplaced, they don't care who misplaced it. I'm sure they will work with you to resolve it; they are nice people.

(If you contact them for an issue to test this info, please make sure it is a real issue, not made up. Ganz customer service is very busy resolving everyone's real issues, you wouldn't want to waste their time. You can wait until an object gets stuck in your room - happens often enough, but not critical.)

When you get/give parental permission for KinzChatPlus, you have to register the parent's e-mail address. If you get signed up for it, you might want to use that as your contact e-mail.

My little niece's account needed service and I was able to help her contact Ganz even though I was missing the same info you are missing. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Because you said you don't want to "raid" the account, but maintain it as is, shows that you really care about it and your friend's hard work. It seems that you are telling the truth about your problem and not just fishing for information about how to steal an account. Good luck with your new account and congratulations on receiving such a nice gift from a friend.

P.S. I agree that it would be a nice gesture to keep the password the same, in case your friend wants to play WW games sometimes. Just remember that anytime you share anything it is always a good idea to work out some guidelines at the start about rights and responsibilities. In the case of WW, who can buy/sell/move furniture, add pets, etc. If setting those kinds of boundaries with this friend would strain the friendship, then just say a sincere thank you and change the password (first make sure she hasn't changed her mind).

P.P.S. Clydiebaby, I don't think there is any rule that prohibits transfering accounts. Ganz just doesn't allow you to sell your account (or anything in it) for real-world money.
Arbee is offline Female
Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 AM   #9
I Love Fall

d8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud of

I never had a problem when we changed our email! I had dialup at first so it was under yahoo,then I changed to highspeed and used that carrier's logo! I believe they are more interested in the secret code . A scenerio would be , what if some moved in with some one and didn't have a computer anymore? They would have to use an email that was the owner of that computer.
d8471 is offline Female
Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #10
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Maybe your friend would be willing to call Ganz and verify the email, and have it changed to yours?
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Closed