Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

michellemily has a spectacular aura about

Question Unanswered: I have a question about webkinz homes

I don't want to point fingers but I saw something that bothered me in one of the pictures of a persons webkinz home. I saw items of food placed on tables and I tried to see if we could place items of food on tables but we can't. Don't you think it's confussing to new people to put pictures of things in homes that you can't do? I mean seriously what is the point of adding things or photo-shopping items it sure made me confussed. Since there is no guide to the homes of webkinz I tend to use the homes I see as refrences of what can or can't be done in a room. I may sound nit-picky but it's something to think on!
Hugs
michellemily is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
weatherkari~~karik95
Gifted

karik is on a distinguished road

Default Re: I have a question about webkinz homes

That's weird! Why would someone bother to photo shop a house just to impress maybe 3 people on WI. Every one else would look at that and say- 'You can't do that!' Well i'm sorry you are confused. I certainly wouldn't waste my time impressing people with my house by photo shopping it.
karik is offline Female
Old 06-05-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
Gift Trainee

peytonsmomie is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems to me, at least, based on the elaborate storytelling aspect of many of the home threads that many people really do a lot of playing with their virtual webbies. There are tour guides, and stories about the webbies that live in each room, as well as what the purpose of each room is.

Given the effort many people expend it's almost as though their webkinz home is a dollhouse, where they pose and play with the pets. If that's the case, then photoshopping things in so they look appealing is just part of that person's enjoyment of the program.

I think it's a little meanspirited to negate the effort and enjoyment that many people get from creating their webkinz houses, simply because it may or may not be 100% accurate.

In an example, if I look at someone's house thread to tell me what I can do in my own account, am I not likely to be upset that I cannot find all the products for my room that the other person has? Especially seeing that things change/retire/are rare so frequently in WW.
peytonsmomie is offline Female
Old 06-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
webkinz_forever

I think that is allowed because it adds to the story. I think people work hard on it, and it makes their houses look better.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
Webkinz :)

mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!

WI Subscriber

Personally, it inspires me to play with my rooms and photoshop them, and make them into a really cool area for my own enjoyment. This is for fun, and anything that enhances it, I say, go for it!!!!
Closed