Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #81
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Default Re: ughhh!!!!!! the virus thingy is ANNOYING ME!! i think i got one from WI!!

Yeah...i know how you feel. I've made really nice pots, and i was proud and almost down, then I'd accidentally press the backspace button on my mouse (why's that even there?) and it'd dissapear. Also when i work on school projects. Sometimes, I'd get upset, then do it again in a few days.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #82
(: Jordan :)
Webkinz :)

Z Oreo is a glorious beacon of lightZ Oreo is a glorious beacon of lightZ Oreo is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: ughhh!!!!!! the virus thingy is ANNOYING ME!! i think i got one from WI!!

OMG!! i am having the same problems! WI gave me viruses and i have to leave my laptop off until my uncle fixes it! its terrible
Z Oreo is offline Male
Old 02-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #83
Wacky and
Gifted

aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day
aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day

Default Re: Virus??

Justin it is still happening!
It just happened to me at 10:25 am EST!

View Post Originally Posted by flutterby7
Yep, I've had that happen numerous times. Normally I can just X off the pages, but the last two times it happened I was unable to just X off, so now I just exit all my pages, log off my computer, start it up again and run my McAfee security scan for the whole system, nothing ever shows up and my computer is still fully protected by McAfee. It only ever pops up when I leave WI as a minimized page, so I don't do that any more, which is a pain, because everyone should have WI handy!!
Same here!
aug2168 is offline Female
Old 02-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #84
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Just a note to everyone having problems with viruses:

Justin works very very hard to keep WI a safe place for everyone and to keep bad ads away from the site. Just like everything in the world, nothing is perfect. Every now and then things pop up, and *may* harm your computer. If you are seriously concerned about getting them, do one of two things:

1. Get a security system/virus protector. They are expensive, but usually can secure 3 computers. Very good thing to have,

2. Save up for the WI Insider Insider Subscription, and then turn off the ads.

I, for one, do not think we need more of these virus talk threads; we already seem to have a ton. If you get a virus pop up, Justin wants you to VM him telling him:

Time:
Ad:

He knows that a few ads on here can be bad, but it is not his fault. He tries his best to control it. Like I said, if you are really concerned, try to do something about it instead of blaming WI/Justin for infecting your computer, because it is not their fault.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 02-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #85
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

luv- I am sorry you spent time working on it for it to go to waste. What I do, when posting long threads/posts, I do it in a word document first, and then copy it onto WI.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 02-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #86
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Here is some information about it based on previous members' postings. Still working on it so please report it if you continue to see them!!

http://www.techjaws.com/beware-of-this-fake-antivirus-application-antivirusfraud/
Justin is offline Male
Old 02-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #87
Webkinz :)

Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!Squeecky540 is headed for the top!

It's happened to me! It doesn't even let you close the window, once you click the x the box will disappear but the the page pops up. :/
Squeecky540 is offline Female
Old 02-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #88
Jenna.....
Banned
WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!

That's strange, i haven't had this sense Christmas
WebkinzFireFawn is offline Female
Old 02-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #89
luv14webkinz

Thanks guys. And CanesFan- I am not really blaming it on Justin or anyone. I have my own vBullentin site, and I know how he feels. I am just saying that maybe I got a virus from it.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #90
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by luv14webkinz
Thanks guys. And CanesFan- I am not really blaming it on Justin or anyone. I have my own vBullentin site, and I know how he feels. I am just saying that maybe I got a virus from it.
I wasn't just pinpointing it on you- There have been many other threads
CanesFan is offline Male
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!, please help!, stupid virus!, virus threat warning