Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #21
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: Virus on WI

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
About 10 minutes ago, I was booted off WI, and Internet Explorer, with the message 'Fake Antivirus Spyware detected, High risk'. It was blocked by Norton.
Thanks, that gives me a better idea on timing. I've adjusted a few things, let me know what happens moving forward from now.
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #22
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Virus on WI

This happened to me also; I can't recall the exact time, but it was two days ago around 6:00 AM EST, and yesterday around 4:00 PM EST. I ran a scan using McAfee and Norton, but it did not detect anything, which I find quite odd. It hasn't appeared since then though. Thank you so much, Justin, for looking into this matter.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:33 PM   #23
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: I have a problem with Webkinz Insider and not Webkinz world.

What you are actually seeing is an advertisement. It is trying to trick you into purchasing a virus scanner that you really don't need. You don't need to worry. You don't actually have any viruses on your system, at least, not from this.

Once before we had a problem with this ad showing up on WI and Justin was able to use information from our members to block it. If you see this advertisement on your computer, please make note of what advertisements are running at the moment it pops up. Justin can go into the system and block them from ever appearing again.

He can also use that information to file a complaint with the company that provides us with our advertisements. We are NOT supposed to be getting ads like this.

--FIA
FIA is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #24
Webkinz :)

kinzldy has a spectacular aura aboutkinzldy has a spectacular aura about

Default Malware

While writing a response to all the "New front Page News": A Mal ware came up on my machine! I write it here so all can read in the forum about MAL WARES, what they are, and to let Justin know if it happens to you while on here!
I wrote on the Area just yesterday, that I got a different type, well i caught the Lil Rascal today. Also Justin can see and report it! (Snap a shot of it)
I feel its important all read and know about this! REMEMBER: SO FAR, THE FIRST AND NOW THIS ONE ARE JUST A NUISANCE!
SO PLEASE REPORT IT TO Justin : IF IT HAPPENS TO YOU, AS IT DID TO ME, WHILE WRITING A RESPONSE ON HERE!
As Always Kinzldy
Peace
kinzldy is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #25
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: Malware

What you are actually seeing is an advertisement. It is trying to trick you into purchasing a virus scanner that you really don't need. You don't need to worry. You don't actually have any viruses on your system, at least, not from this.

Once before we had a problem with this ad showing up on WI and Justin was able to use information from our members to block it. If you see this advertisement on your computer, please make note of what advertisements are running at the moment it pops up. Justin can go into the system and block them from ever appearing again.

He can also use that information to file a complaint with the company that provides us with our advertisements. We are NOT supposed to be getting ads like this.

--FIA
FIA is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 04:45 PM   #26
wolfyclub

Wolfyclub knows the way
Wolfyclub knows the wayWolfyclub knows the way

Default Now I believe it.

Many people on WI have been talking about a virus on WI. These people's threads have been closed, because they shouldn't believe that there is a virus. At first I didn't believe these people (no offense, anyone.), and didn't care that much.

Today, and now, I believe them. I was in WW playing as usual, with two tabs open- one for WW and one for WI. I got my high score on Goober's Lab (yay!) and noticed something. The tab for WI changed to "My Computer Online Scan"(see attachment). I clicked the tab, to see what was going on, and up popped a message saying: "This webpage has a virus. We need to scan your computer." (or something like that.) I went back to WW, then clicked the tab again. Another message popped up: "This computer still holds a virus from this internet explorer webpage. Please click OK". I Xed out of the message, and Xed out of the Virus Scan page. It also closed WW, without warning. I really don't know what to do. I'm trying to believe that WI doesn't have a virus. I love WI. Please help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpgjkjkjkj.jpg (61.4 KB, 73 views)
Wolfyclub is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #27
oohoo!!!

auntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guide

Default Re: Now I believe it.

I know exactly what you are talking about.

I'm not completely sure, because I just close the windows when that happens, too, but I wonder if it's not real, but is a pop-up ad that's trying to get you to download and/or buy security software. I wonder about that because it takes you to a separate website, correct?

But if you are concerned about viruses, you can always run a security scan on your computer, when you aren't on the internet. I think most security programs can also be set to do a weekly or daily scan on their own, a "full" or a "quick" scan.
auntjenny7 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #28
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

We don't. There is a rogue ad that we are trying to identify in the ad networks. Can you please tell me when exactly this happened? Was it within the last hour?
Justin is offline Male
Old 02-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #29

Galadriel has a spectacular aura about

It happened to me a little over an hour ago...
Galadriel is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 05:08 PM   #30
wolfyclub

Wolfyclub knows the way
Wolfyclub knows the wayWolfyclub knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
We don't. There is a rogue ad that we are trying to identify in the ad networks. Can you please tell me when exactly this happened? Was it within the last hour?
about half an hour ago. acutally, it was exactly 30 minutes ago. 5:08 right now.
Wolfyclub is offline Female
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!, please help!, stupid virus!, virus threat warning