Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #241

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Default Re: Virus pop-up again here

View Post Originally Posted by WillowT
Whenever you get a virus pop-up, your supposed to VM Justin about it.
Just say the time you got it, & what the name of it was.
It's that simple.
View Post Originally Posted by hiphopten
Really? Im assuming Justin is the site owner?? ...and with every pop up virus we are suppose to pm him directly? Can someone confirm this?

My computer is heavily protected, not much more I can do on my end. And this is the only site where it happens...its been fine for months than all of a sudden last week it started. Ive spoken to other adults from other ww boards and they are having the same issue here.
Yes please. If you receive a pop-up that is related to the rogue ad, just drop by his profile here - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...s/justin-2375/ - and just leave a message with the time you had the virus ad pop up. Also, if you can let us know what ads were running when you saw this pop up - that can help as well. But most importantly, we need the time

You can also check out this thread - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...97/index3.html and this thread - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f165/virus-604647/ for more information.

Hopefully that will help isolate the ad that is giving everyone problems & we can get it off the site...!
MissGnomie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #242
Webkinz :)

hiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Virus pop-up again here

Thank You!! I will do that.

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
Yes please. If you receive a pop-up that is related to the rogue ad, just drop by his profile here - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...s/justin-2375/ - and just leave a message with the time you had the virus ad pop up. Also, if you can let us know what ads were running when you saw this pop up - that can help as well. But most importantly, we need the time

You can also check out this thread - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...97/index3.html and this thread - http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f165/virus-604647/ for more information.

Hopefully that will help isolate the ad that is giving everyone problems & we can get it off the site...!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #243
. Fun In The Sun! .
Gifted

MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!MyPersian is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Now I believe it.

What I have gotten twice are "Virus Checking Scans" They are really annoying, and I have to shut down my computer to get them off I know they are fake because my computer freezes up and the WI screen goes blank...
MyPersian is offline Female
Old 03-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #244
wolfyclub

Wolfyclub knows the way
Wolfyclub knows the wayWolfyclub knows the way

It happened again- I notified Justin.
Wolfyclub is offline Female
Old 03-10-2010, 05:05 AM   #245
pollywog2
Gift Guru

pollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roostpollywog rules the roost

These things happen from time to time but as long as you have protection on your computer you should be fine. The owners here really know what they are doing. If it happens be sure to report exactly what happened and when. I had something similar happen a couple of times in the last week and when i do my virus scan and malware scan there is nothing showing an infection.
pollywog is offline Female
Old 03-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #246

jwe41 will become famous soon enough

This has happen to me on WI several times including 11 am EST this morning. They are fake messages about security scans. Do not follow the instructions from these pop ups. These scans will only infect your computer not protect it like they say. My security software cut them off and gave the following report. The program is called FAKEALERT.GEN. It is an adware program that may display advertisements on your system. I hope this helps.
jwe41 is offline Male
Old 03-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #247
clu
hoa i'm addicted to

clu has a spectacular aura about

i've had this same virus as well. i really do not want to beleive it, but unfortunately i realized it was the only thing that could have caused it. it has infected my computer 4 times, once fatally crashing it. the first time we did not know it came from here, but the continuous times sadly confirmed it.it actually happened 1/2 an hour ago, when, as the same case stated in this thread, i was on webkinz when that popped up. i rebooted the computer and it went away, though. i am at my mom's work, where they have an enormous firewall. i think the virus must have been pretty strong to penetrate it. i hope this helps, and i thank you for bringing this to WI's attention, cami , and thank you Justin, for working on getting it fixed!
-clu
clu is offline Female
Old 03-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #248

scheuerh is on a distinguished road

This happens to me as well, maybe once or twice a week. I think it's an ad.
I have to click several times to close the window. I don't think it's a virus, I run my virus scan at least once a week and nothing shows up. Keep your PC Protected, but I am curioius to know why this is happening, even if it is an ad only.
scheuerh is offline Female
Old 03-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #249
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Default Re: What is Wrong? What Should I Do?

Under "Inernet options" you can block popups.
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 03-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #250
wolfyclub

Wolfyclub knows the way
Wolfyclub knows the wayWolfyclub knows the way

It's an ad said Justin. So WI can't help it, I guess.
Wolfyclub is offline Female
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!, please help!, stupid virus!, virus threat warning