Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #201
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

View Post Originally Posted by haddy

Beware of this Fake Antivirus Application AntivirusFraud | TechJaws.com

Nope, I won't, I looked. I did finally find Justines reponce on page three of a closed thread. It says

Here is some information about it based on previous members' postings. Still working on it so please report it if you continue to see them!!

Beware of this Fake Antivirus Application AntivirusFraud | TechJaws.com

So I actually did do what he said. He didn't say a thing about too many threads or pming.
And besides, big problems like this are going to be discussed. He didn't seem bothered by that at all, which I'm glad for.
Trust me, they are there. I don't think I ever said anything about too many threads or PMing either...

All threads like this have been read over by many staff members, and they are actively working on trying to stop it. Just post on Justins profile if you see the ad with all of the information you can give.
CanesFan is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #202
Webkinz :)

arnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of truth
arnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of truth

I just hope whoever did it will stop, because when i got my first cirus on the computer i as really scared of it.
arnold995 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #203
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

If you can, please look to see what advertisements are running on WI at the time this pops up. Then, please let Justin know. This is a pop up advertisement (made to look like a virus) that is buried inside of another advertisement. Justin has been trying to block it, but he hasn't been able to track down the ad yet. The more information you can give him, the quicker he can get it blocked.
FIA is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #204
The GTS Works!

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

Exclamation Virus Fixes

I apologize if this is the wrong place to put this, but I think it is very important information.

WI is not the only site getting this virus. I actually got the virus on my desktop from using another site called Paperback Swap. Paperback Swap was very proactive in getting the word out to its members and also finding fixes for this virus. If it wasn't for Paperback Swap, I would have thought my desktop was dead and would have shelled out money for a new one.

Since the possibility exists that this virus has infected WI members and their computers, I thought it would be helpful to share the information from Paperback Swap's website regarding how to get rid of this virus and ways to prevent it in the future.

From the Paperback Swap website:

You can use one of the following free software solutions to remove the AntiVirus Soft virus:Note: These are free software tools. However, these companies will encourage you to buy their full version products as part of their marketing solutions. PaperBackSwap does not endorse any of these programs.
How can you prevent this from happening in the future?

We encourage you all to run anti-virus software on your computer at all times. There are a number of companies that provide this type software for different types of operating systems. The best ones have software that updates automatically so that you do not have to maintain it or run periodic scans of your system. For additional protection, we also suggest that you upgrade your browser to a version that protects you against malware. Firefox is a very good choice, or the most recent version of Internet Explorer (IE .
If anyone would like to read the whole page regarding this virus, you can read it here:
PaperBackSwap :: Help Center

I, personally think that the Paperback Swap website handled this quickly and efficiently, and have full trust in them because of their handling of the problem. The above linked fixes DID work for our desktop, and it's now running fine.

I hope this information will set WI members minds at ease, and be reassured that WI is NOT the only website being targeted for this virus.
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 08:03 PM   #205

haddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Virus Fixes

This is the BEST thread! Thanks for all the great info!
Old 03-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #206
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Thank you for the heads up
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 03-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #207

BSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

The virus thing just happened again -
8:06 Kinz time.
This time is just closed IE all together and the only thing left on the screen was the Virus pop up window.
And even when you X out of it, it will start running. Had to close completely to get it to go away.
So there was no chance of checking to see what adds were running.
I’m sure WI is doing everything they can, to get rid of this but, I’ve had a virus before, it is costly to get your computer cleaned, not to mention inconvenient.
I really like WI, I like the people here, I like the topics and the info but, I’m not sure I want to risk getting a virus. Seems like there would be a way to run the WI web site securely. Other sites seem able to do it.
But it’s just not going away on WI.
I hate to see this site spoiled by something like this.
BSW44 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #208
Make your own LUCK
Gift Guru

funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep
funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep

View Post Originally Posted by BSW44
The virus thing just happened again -
8:06 Kinz time.
This time is just closed IE all together and the only thing left on the screen was the Virus pop up window.
And even when you X out of it, it will start running. Had to close completely to get it to go away.
So there was no chance of checking to see what adds were running.
I’m sure WI is doing everything they can, to get rid of this but, I’ve had a virus before, it is costly to get your computer cleaned, not to mention inconvenient.
I really like WI, I like the people here, I like the topics and the info but, I’m not sure I want to risk getting a virus. Seems like there would be a way to run the WI web site securely. Other sites seem able to do it.
But it’s just not going away on WI.
I hate to see this site spoiled by something like this.

It just happened to me too. (9:00)
That's why I keep up my insider/insider.......but I still get the ads when I go on the Wiki.
It doesn't seem to keep the ads away there.
I can't even go and look up a price for an item.
The only way I found to stop it is to immediately shut down my computer.

There has to be something they can do to stop this.
Obviously wherever they are getting the ads from are not reliable companies and they need to switch them up to someplace else.
It seems to be getting worse.
funkyc63 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #209
The GTS Works!

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure it has anything to do with ads, since the Paperback Swap site I mentioned does not have any ads, yet their site was attacked. I'm thinking it's something that is planted somewhere on the site, since it seems that high-traffic, high volume sites are the ones getting hit.
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 03-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #210

hiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with gracehiphopten wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Virus pop-up again here

I wasnt sure where to post this but I and others are experiencing the same virus pop ups as a few months ago. Im ok as long as I stay on the front page or hit new posts but 8 out of 10 times as soon as I click on a thread a spyware (virus) pops up and tries to take over.

Just wanted to make sure staff is aware of it and was wondering if others are having the same issue.
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!, please help!, stupid virus!, virus threat warning