Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #191
I'M A FREE SPIRIT

Moonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talent

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

I'll go ask him if it was called antivir.
Moonbow is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #192
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Moonbow
it popped up without notice.
Please post on Justins profile:

Time it happened:
Ad:
Where:
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 03-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #193
The Doctor is my
Webkinz :)

Moonburst is just really niceMoonburst is just really nice

I have McAffe Virus Center... And for some reason it just started up again (it does that automatically wen theres a problem) Uh oh.
Moonburst is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #194
TheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guide

*is still very scared* *goes to scan for viruses*

I wonder if clicking on a certain thing triggers the pop up...
TheFlamedance is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #195

haddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
There are still ads in the Wiki and the front page, even for subscriptors.

As for blaming Justin, check around the forum. You'll find them.

Beware of this Fake Antivirus Application AntivirusFraud | TechJaws.com

Nope, I won't, I looked. I did finally find Justines reponce on page three of a closed thread. It says

Here is some information about it based on previous members' postings. Still working on it so please report it if you continue to see them!!

Beware of this Fake Antivirus Application AntivirusFraud | TechJaws.com

So I actually did do what he said. He didn't say a thing about too many threads or pming.
And besides, big problems like this are going to be discussed. He didn't seem bothered by that at all, which I'm glad for.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #196
I'M A FREE SPIRIT

Moonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talent

It was. whenever it did it's so called "scan" it picked up trojan horses. It did the scans automatically like normal ones would if you set it.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #197
chinapro2000

chinapro2000 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
(A) I use Norton 360 as my anti-everything and it does not warn me about this virus. If I knew the exact name of it, I would report it to Symantec and find out why Norton 360 isn't picking it up.

(B) I am an Insider Insider member and there are ads in the WIKI section of WI. This is where I have encountered this virus EVERY time it has occurred, as recently as an hour ago when I was looking at the graphics of the prizes for the Clean Up the Park Game.

BTW, why do Insider Insider members still get ads in the WIKI ?? Is there a setting I don't know about, something I havent' "turned on" or is the WIKI not considered part of WI's "get rid of those ads" program when you pay to not have any ads appear on WI Pages ??
I don't use Norton. We used to, but don't anymore. This computer guy said that Norton doesn't block some viruses that are very critical, and sometimes make your computer crash. He said to use AVG. It is free, and so far we haven't been failed! Just a suggestion.
chinapro2000 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #198
Wytchy is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by arnold995
i've been getting this too. I got a bunch of trogan horses on mine.
We just bought a new computer last week. The local computer shop we bought the computer from agreed to transfer what data we could transfer to our new hard drive.

Before they could transfer the data, they had to run a scan on the hold hard drive and to my surpise they only found one virus. But it was a Trojan, too.

I don't know how long that Trogan had been on our old hard drive, but our anti-virus program never found it or deleted it even though I have our computer set up to run a scan every day at 4:00 am.
Wytchy is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #199
I'M A FREE SPIRIT

View Post Originally Posted by TheFlamedance
*is still very scared* *goes to scan for viruses*

I wonder if clicking on a certain thing triggers the pop up...
No. It came up randomly. I'm a scaredy even though it hasn't happened for a long time.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #200

arnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of truth
arnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of truth

If you click X cancel or ok the thing pops up. I clicked x and it popped up, i clicked cancel and it popped up, and i clicked ok and it popped up. I closed it as fast as i can because i don't want to get another trojan horse virus on here. We used to have norton 360, but then it expired. Whoever started this virus should stop, and leave WI alone.
arnold995 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!, please help!, stupid virus!, virus threat warning