Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #181
Webkinz :)
 
haddy's Avatar
haddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
Please look at this thread. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f165/virus-604647/


Just a note to everyone having problems with viruses:

Justin works very very hard to keep WI a safe place for everyone and to keep bad ads away from the site. Just like everything in the world, nothing is perfect. Every now and then things pop up, and *may* harm your computer. If you are seriously concerned about getting them, do one of two things:

1. Get a security system/virus protector. They are expensive, but usually can secure 3 computers. Very good thing to have,

2. Save up for the WI Insider Insider Subscription, and then turn off the ads.

I, for one, do not think we need more of these virus talk threads; we already seem to have a ton. If you get a virus pop up, Justin wants you to VM him telling him:

Time:
Ad:

He knows that a few ads on here can be bad, but it is not his fault. He tries his best to control it. Like I said, if you are really concerned, try to do something about it instead of blaming WI/Justin for infecting your computer, because it is not their fault.
I looked and did not find one single post blaming Justin for ANYTHING! And since I had no clue I was suppose to pm him with that info then there can't be that many threads about it. I was actually just wondering why this isnt on the front page. But thanks for the information. One post mentioned she still got this pop up in the wiki even though she had the subscription. DId others notice this?
haddy is offline
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #182
Webkinz :)
 
MysticZon's Avatar
MysticZon is sweet stuff
MysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuffMysticZon is sweet stuff

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
Please look at this thread. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f165/virus-604647/


Just a note to everyone having problems with viruses:

Justin works very very hard to keep WI a safe place for everyone and to keep bad ads away from the site. Just like everything in the world, nothing is perfect. Every now and then things pop up, and *may* harm your computer. If you are seriously concerned about getting them, do one of two things:

1. Get a security system/virus protector. They are expensive, but usually can secure 3 computers. Very good thing to have,

2. Save up for the WI Insider Insider Subscription, and then turn off the ads.

I, for one, do not think we need more of these virus talk threads; we already seem to have a ton. If you get a virus pop up, Justin wants you to VM him telling him:

Time:
Ad:

He knows that a few ads on here can be bad, but it is not his fault. He tries his best to control it. Like I said, if you are really concerned, try to do something about it instead of blaming WI/Justin for infecting your computer, because it is not their fault.
(A) I use Norton 360 as my anti-everything and it does not warn me about this virus. If I knew the exact name of it, I would report it to Symantec and find out why Norton 360 isn't picking it up.

(B) I am an Insider Insider member and there are ads in the WIKI section of WI. This is where I have encountered this virus EVERY time it has occurred, as recently as an hour ago when I was looking at the graphics of the prizes for the Clean Up the Park Game.



BTW, why do Insider Insider members still get ads in the WIKI ?? Is there a setting I don't know about, something I havent' "turned on" or is the WIKI not considered part of WI's "get rid of those ads" program when you pay to not have any ads appear on WI Pages ??
MysticZon is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #183
TheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guideTheFlamedance is a golden guide

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

View Post Originally Posted by Riddlecloud
I have gotten that virus before! Back in January! It infected my computer for a few days, but now I have a program that scans my computer every hour.
I have the same program. *Is scared about virus*
TheFlamedance is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #184
Rawrr!
Webkinz :)
 
Iluvwebkinz167's Avatar
Iluvwebkinz167 is a glorious beacon of lightIluvwebkinz167 is a glorious beacon of lightIluvwebkinz167 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

Ugh, I hate those things..
If anyone gets it, just hurry up and close it out. And if it doesn't want to, press and hold down CTRL, ALT, and Delete. Then pull up the task manager, click on it and hit 'end task'.
It's also best to run a scan as soon as you get it off, just to be safe.

Stay safe, guys ^^
Iluvwebkinz167 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #185
uvs his wife andDD/S
Guest
 
CanesFan's Avatar
CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

View Post Originally Posted by haddy
I looked and did not find one single post blaming Justin for ANYTHING! And since I had no clue I was suppose to pm him with that info then there can't be that many threads about it. I was actually just wondering why this isnt on the front page. But thanks for the information. One post mentioned she still got this pop up in the wiki even though she had the subscription. DId others notice this?
There are still ads in the Wiki and the front page, even for subscriptors.

As for blaming Justin, check around the forum. You'll find them.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 03-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #186
chinapro2000
Webkinz :)
 
chinapro2000's Avatar
chinapro2000 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

I got it too! I think it is called Antivir. This box popped up when I was on my family's computer and it said that my computer had a bad virus on and that a program called Antivir would fix your computer for 30 dollars. I X'd out of the window. But my mom once had it and thought it was a real virus. But Antivir turned out to be a virus in itself! So our whole computer got infected and my mom had to spend 6 hours on the phone with her cousin (who is a computer geek) walking her through fixing it. Apparently, they give you back that 30 dollars, and then they shut down your computer completely so that they can hack your computer, taking passwords, and stuff like that. So then they get all the money from your bank account and stuff. So apparently just X out...or whatever some computer advisor says.

Last edited by chinapro2000; 03-05-2010 at 07:33 PM..
chinapro2000 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #187
Guest
Wytchy is on a distinguished road

Red face Re: Virus popup on WI!

View Post Originally Posted by webbieluvr1924

DON'T CLICK IT!
A friend advised me to not even click on it using the "x" box to close it. According to my friend, clicking ANYWHERE on that popup will download the virus.

My friend advised me to use control + F4 to shut the pop up down. I don't know for sure if he knows what he's talking about, but whenever I get any type of pop up, I do what my friend said.

My husband is nearly as computer illiterate as me so for now, I'm just following my friend's advice.
Wytchy is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #188
I'M A FREE SPIRIT
 
Moonbow's Avatar
Moonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talent

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

it popped up without notice.
Moonbow is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #189
uvs his wife andDD/S
Guest
 
CanesFan's Avatar
CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

View Post Originally Posted by MysticZon
(A) I use Norton 360 as my anti-everything and it does not warn me about this virus. If I knew the exact name of it, I would report it to Symantec and find out why Norton 360 isn't picking it up.

(B) I am an Insider Insider member and there are ads in the WIKI section of WI. This is where I have encountered this virus EVERY time it has occurred, as recently as an hour ago when I was looking at the graphics of the prizes for the Clean Up the Park Game.



BTW, why do Insider Insider members still get ads in the WIKI ?? Is there a setting I don't know about, something I havent' "turned on" or is the WIKI not considered part of WI's "get rid of those ads" program when you pay to not have any ads appear on WI Pages ??
The reason why Norton doesn't warn you is because it blocks it.

The Wiki has ads because of the programming. I believe Justin is working to fix this.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 03-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #190
Webkinz :)
 
arnold995's Avatar
arnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of truth
arnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of trutharnold995 climbs the tree of truth

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

i've been getting this too. I got a bunch of trogan horses on mine.
arnold995 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!, please help!, stupid virus!, virus threat warning

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts