Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #171
I'M A FREE SPIRIT

Moonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talent

Default Re: Virus popup on WI!

Your welcome,
Moonbow is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #172
Webkinz :)

haddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Kayfookey
I cannot find the exact thread I was on, as it was a while ago, but here is a similar post from FIA. There should be some other info on this thread as well:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...l#post18569233
Thank you for the info. I wanted to add a post to it but its closed
Old 03-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #173
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

Yes! DO NOT download this. It is an ACTUAL webpage and it's a scam to get you to download harmful things to your computer. Exit out of it as FAST as YOU CAN!!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #174
I'M A FREE SPIRIT

Moonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talent

I hope I could help. My brother can't remember it very well.
Moonbow is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #175
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

It happend to me, too.
And I once got a virus that shut down the whole computer.
I have no clue where it was from, but I'd only been on wi that day.
Luckily, the computer is fixed.
I still get pop ups that "scan for viruses",
But my mom has warned me to exit the boxes asap!
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #176
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Please look at this thread. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f165/virus-604647/

Just a note to everyone having problems with viruses:

Justin works very very hard to keep WI a safe place for everyone and to keep bad ads away from the site. Just like everything in the world, nothing is perfect. Every now and then things pop up, and *may* harm your computer. If you are seriously concerned about getting them, do one of two things:

1. Get a security system/virus protector. They are expensive, but usually can secure 3 computers. Very good thing to have,

2. Save up for the WI Insider Insider Subscription, and then turn off the ads.

I, for one, do not think we need more of these virus talk threads; we already seem to have a ton. If you get a virus pop up, Justin wants you to VM him telling him:

Time:
Ad:

He knows that a few ads on here can be bad, but it is not his fault. He tries his best to control it. Like I said, if you are really concerned, try to do something about it instead of blaming WI/Justin for infecting your computer, because it is not their fault.

Last edited by CanesFan; 03-05-2010 at 07:21 PM..
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #177

haddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of lighthaddy is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Moonbow
I hope I could help. My brother can't remember it very well.
Any info is helpful, thanks! I ran a check and I DO NOT have a virus. So Shutting it down seems to be a good thing!
Old 03-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #178
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

Hopefully a moderator or Justin will swing my shortly to clear things up...
Kayfookey is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #179
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Kayfookey
Hopefully a moderator or Justin will swing my shortly to clear things up...
Check out the thread link I posted above. It has Justin's responses on it.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 03-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #180
The Doctor is my

Moonburst is just really niceMoonburst is just really nice

Goodness! Thats not good! This just happened to me too! I freaked out and started up my antivirus softwear. If my parents find out that WI has a virus I'll never be allowed back on here again
Moonburst is offline Female
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!, please help!, stupid virus!, virus threat warning