Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #141
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Virus??

View Post Originally Posted by jemkinz
Happenend to me again last eveing too. It scary. Hard to get the warnings off the screen. Keeps popping up to say Run or cancel. If I cancel it just comes back. I just donated to WI -- heard that will get rid of the ads?
After you get the subscription, you still have to click on an option to get rid of the ads.
Desty is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 07:47 AM   #142

ManyPets is a glorious beacon of lightManyPets is a glorious beacon of lightManyPets is a glorious beacon of light

It happened to me last night and this morning with IE as well. I use AdBlock with FireFox and that seems to help. I know it's got to do with "Advair" in the ads, since it happened for a while with a different online community I belong to with ads.
ManyPets is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #143

Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest
Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest

It happened to me too and I did everything exactly as Desty did- I don't know why Norton didn't tell me any details. This is definitely somethinig that needs to be looked into and there was no popup it just started it's thing.
Denimbutterfly is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #144
hy?
Gifted

cpom defies all odds
cpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all oddscpom defies all odds

This has happened to me a couple of times now. The latest one just occurred at at about 10am.
cpom is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #145
Gifted
paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!

just happened, i was on the home front page, heres a screenshot

youll have to click it twiceto get it bigger
Click the image to open in full size.
paws is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #146
I'M A FREE SPIRIT

Moonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talent

My little brother accidentally thought it would help the day before we got norton and it crashed our computer. Usually the blue screen of 'death' shows up if it's been a while since it was installed.

Yeah. I think I got the virus from one of the ads. I think that Advair was in the ads when it happened.

Last edited by Moonbow; 03-05-2010 at 04:46 PM..
Moonbow is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #147
Gift Guru

katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

Its not a virus. Its just an advertisement. If it keeps messing up your computer, set your computer back to a time before the pop ups started.
katiepup is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #148
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by paws
just happened, i was on the home front page, heres a screenshot

youll have to click it twiceto get it bigger
Click the image to open in full size.
I just got the same one about twenty-five minutes ago, with the same URL. It hadn't been showing up for a few days until now.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #149
Gift Guru

katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence
katiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellencekatiepup is the epitome of excellence

You don't really have viruses. Its saying tht so you spend your money on their product. Don't worry about it, though. (:
katiepup is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #150
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by katiepup
Its not a virus. Its just an advertisement. If it keeps messing up your computer, set your computer back to a time before the pop ups started.
You can do that...how exactly does it work?
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!, please help!, stupid virus!, virus threat warning