Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #111
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: Virus??

Thanks... I may have targeted the wrong network. I'm still trying my best!
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #112
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Thanks... I may have targeted the wrong network. I'm still trying my best!

Thank you so much for looking into this matter, Justin. It means a lot just that you're trying; that's truly going above and beyond for the safety of all of us...your work is GREATLY appreciated!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:45 AM   #113
Gifted
Miranda is just really niceMiranda is just really nice

Hi all,

It happened to me too, about 4-5X last week(most recent yesterday) on 2 different computers. Because I often multi-task it took me a few times to realize WI was the common thread. The last time, WI was the only thing opened since the computer was turned on that day.

I notice it only happens when I run WI on IE. If I use firefox it never happens so I have been using firefox instead. I always reboot as soon as I see the message because no matter what you click (X to close box, etc.) it always starts to run an exe.

The timing is pretty random. You can go on WI many times before being hit again.

As the last poster said -- Thanks a million Justin!

Last edited by Miranda; 02-28-2010 at 07:47 AM..
Old 02-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #114
ill make Xmas great

RobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonder

Could be webkinzbeanie............
RobertFrog is offline Male
Old 02-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #115
bearlyup
Webkinz :)

Breezer is a jewel in the roughBreezer is a jewel in the rough

I am glad to see something posted about this. I've had this ad pop up on my computer twice, most recently about 7 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 25.
The first time it popped up was about a week before Christmas and it tricked me into believing it was my IE antivirus software so I told it to go ahead and scan. Wrong thing to do! I downloaded a virus and it totally takes over your hard drive and computer. When I realized what was happening I tried to innoculate it but it was too late. Before long I had the dreaded blue screen and could not even boot up. It cost $140 and a week without the computer to get it fixed.
When the blue box pops it will not allow you close it out or cancel, you have to shut off your computer and reboot to get rid of it.
The urls that samoyeds posted above were the same I got last Tuesday.
I told myself I was not coming back to WI because of the virus, but decided to come back this morning and send a pm to someone here and tell them they have a problem. Then I saw this thread to post to. Hope you find who the culprit is and get this taken care of.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:07 AM   #116
fifi tido is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think that one's real. Because I got that before and I just x'd it out, and I ran a scan and it didn't detect anything.
fifi tido is offline Male
Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #117
is proud to be a
Gift Guru

Kiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talentKiyoshi has lots of talent

Default Re: ughhh!!!!!! the virus thingy is ANNOYING ME!! i think i got one from WI!!

Aw, I'm so sorry that happened. I've experienced that before too, on a lot of my bigger posts and threads I was typing. I suggest for your A/S shop post, you make a copy of it in a word document that way if you ever lose it/remodel your shop you'll still have your old one to go back to. I definitely learned my lesson too.
Kiyoshi is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #118
Gift Trainee

TwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonder

Was good for a couple of days, just had it take me out of IE at 7:43
Click the image to open in full size.
malware items

Last edited by TwinzKinz; 02-28-2010 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: screen cap
TwinzKinz is offline Male
Old 02-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #119
I am a

Bowwow478 is a forum hero
Bowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum heroBowwow478 is a forum hero

Default Re: What is Wrong? What Should I Do?

You have a virus, do not buy the protector. That is the virus itself. You need to kill it quickly. Try downloading a virus protector, like Avast. I have that one, it's really good.
--Bowwow478
Bowwow478 is offline Female
Old 02-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #120

Lunagrrl defies all odds
Lunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all oddsLunagrrl defies all odds

Donation Award 
Default Re: What is Wrong? What Should I Do?

I had this. It's a virus. I'd do a virus scan and try to delete the viruses using your antivirus software, if you can.
Lunagrrl is offline Female
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!, please help!, stupid virus!, virus threat warning