Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #91
Webkinz :)

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Default Re: ughhh!!!!!! the virus thingy is ANNOYING ME!! i think i got one from WI!!

I know how frustrating it can be - I've been caught a few times with the same thing happening. It has made me want to cry at times and I suspect I am a lot older so don't feel bad about i making you cry.

TO AVOID IT HAPPENING AGAIN I have started writng any longer posts in Word or WordPad then cutting and pasting the text once I have it just right. This also alows me to save drafts of my post on my computer if I run out of time.
JustDad is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #92
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: ughhh!!!!!! the virus thingy is ANNOYING ME!! i think i got one from WI!!

What you are actually seeing is an advertisement. It is trying to trick you into purchasing a virus scanner that you really don't need. You don't need to worry. You don't actually have any viruses on your system, at least, not from this.

Once before we had a problem with this ad showing up on WI and Justin was able to use information from our members to block it. If you see this advertisement on your computer, please make note of what advertisements are running at the moment it pops up. Justin can go into the system and block them from ever appearing again.

He can also use that information to file a complaint with the company that provides us with our advertisements. We are NOT supposed to be getting ads like this.

--FIA
FIA is offline Female
Old 02-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #93

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Default Re: Virus??

Also saw it a couple of times this morning. Think last time was just before 11:00 am. Will start keeping bette track.
JustDad is offline Male
Old 02-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #94
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I appreciate what FIA is asking people to do, and try to see what ad is running on WI at that moment, but I think most of us aren't really looking at the ads here. Also, when this happens, the screen usually locks up, and only allows us to click on the warning pop-up. Or, we get booted of of WI or the internet altogether. In addition, we are usually at the bottom of the page posting, and the ads are not visible there.
Desty is offline Female
Old 02-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #95
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

THis has happened to me many times. But as soon as you see it, exit out of EVERYTHING and leave the computer alone for a bit. Then it's all good (:
softballipod is offline Female
Old 02-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #96
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Check the link in my Signature; FIA has an answer for this,
Or just click any word in this post...

Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #97

Beetlike is sweet stuff
Beetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuff

Default What is Wrong? What Should I Do?

Hi everyone. I'm having some trouble with my computer and I was wondering if any of you might know what I should do.

Well, just last night there was a pop-up that asked me if I wanted to install this security system on my computer. It was asking me for money, so I said no. I shut down my computer.

Now today, I figured the pop-ups would be gone. But they weren't. I started Internet Explorer, and it worked okay, but I'm getting a LOT of pop-ups still (I've probably gotten around 30 already). Then I tried to use WMM, and another pop-up came up and said that there was some kind of problem with it and it wouldn't let me open it. Same with WMP. Does anyone know what I can do? It's really making my already slow computer much slower.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #98
Summer 2010

lilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with gracelilac1999 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: What is Wrong? What Should I Do?

Your Computer Might Have a Virus.
Or your computer got Hacked into.
You might want someone to look into it.
lilac1999 is offline Female
Old 02-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #99
webkinz_forever

You're always going to get popups in Internet Explorer. It's by far the worst browser.
Download Chrome or Firefox. Both are free, and are made by respectable companies. You'd also do web designers everywhere a favor by switching.
You haven't got a virus, it's just a bad web browser. Not your fault.
If you can't download it yourself, ask your parents. I'm sure that they'd say yes. If not, then... well, I don't see why anyone would like to use IE in the first place, but then you'll just have to deal with the popups.
(By the way, WI popups are very frequent recently, according to the 'Somebody Help!' section, but I haven't seen any in Chrome. )
Old 02-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #100

Beetlike is sweet stuff
Beetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuff

Yeah, I heard that IE got a ton of pop-ups, but I haven't had this many before. :/ I think I might download Firefox or something and see if it improves. If that doesn't work, then it'd probably be best to have someone look at it.
Thanks for the help! =)
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!, please help!, stupid virus!, virus threat warning