Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
Call me Kpoo :)
Webkinz :)

kpoo97addme will become famous soon enough

Default Answered: I have a problem with Webkinz Insider and not Webkinz world.

Almost every single time I log into Webkinz Insider, it says to me that there's a problem with bugs, or malware. But today, it showed a "Scan" going onto my computer. This "Scan" was not my subscribed Computer Protection. It was a virus downloading onto my computer, and I had to do everything in my power to stop it. I finally got the thing to stop, and I thought that this would be a good place to tell you guys, since WI is the one who's responsible. Like I said, almost every single time I log into WI, it says there's a problem with bugs. What do I do?

-Kpoo97addme
kpoo97addme is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by FIA
What you are actually seeing is an advertisement. It is trying to trick you into purchasing a virus scanner that you really don't need. You don't need to worry. You don't actually have any viruses on your system, at least, not from this.

Once before we had a problem with this ad showing up on WI and Justin was able to use information from our members to block it. If you see this advertisement on your computer, please make note of what advertisements are running at the moment it pops up. Justin can go into the system and block them from ever appearing again.

He can also use that information to file a complaint with the company that provides us with our advertisements. We are NOT supposed to be getting ads like this.

--FIA
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
Gifted

emily129 is just really niceemily129 is just really nice

Default Re: I have a problem with Webkinz Insider and not Webkinz world.

This happens to me too! A lot of the time when it happens, its right out of the blue, right when I'm doing something. It says my computer has "bugs" and needs to be "scanned". You are right, this IS a virus, and one of the administrators here on WI really should take a look at it and try to get rid of it.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Gift Guru

fluffy113 is sweet stuff
fluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stuff

Do you have Norton or some kind of security system? If not you should get one as soon as possible and run scans off of that and not the virus, this happend to my computer and my dad helped me fix it by updating Norton and scanning it and I think it was better after that. Hope this helps!
fluffy113 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #4

Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest
Denimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contestDenimbutterfly could win a popularity contest

This happens to me all of the time here on WInsider too, but I have Norton so it stops the bug- I highly recommend having some kind of security whenever connecting a computer to the internet.
Denimbutterfly is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

Yes, some people say it's an add that's just trying to get you to buy something. That's true but that's not all it is. It IS infact a virus. Do you have anti-virus? I would reccomend Webroot or Norton. Also, I wrote a guide on this virus; please take a look, it may help.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-avoid-603109/

Hope this helps at all!

Last edited by KinzUser2523; 02-26-2010 at 10:14 AM..
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
Awesomeness

zappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clown

YIkes, that has never happened to me but, I have Trend Micro Security, and I have not gotten a virus Try downloading that, you can get it cheap on Ebay I think
zappity is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
Da Vinci
Gifted

Da Vinci is on a distinguished road

Happened to me yesterday, but Norton stopped it. What surprised me was, that Norton considered it a HIGH security risk. Scary !!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
hoo-hoo!

Honeybear knows the way
Honeybear knows the wayHoneybear knows the way

I've had two horrendous viruses download from this site -- and I have all sorts of anti-virus software running. It took my tech-savvy DH *DAYS* to get rid of them (he is not a happy camper about my visiting here at all).

Can the admins take a look at this? It's really, really important to rid this wonderful site of such a serious problem.
Honeybear is offline Female
Old 02-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

Well, WI is not who is at fault, but instead an ad that got through. Norton and other antivirus companies (Trend Micro, AVG, Webroot) would have probably stopped it, have you downloaded any of them?

Also, was the name of this virus Vista Internet Security 2010? I just got that...
Galfam is offline Male
Old 02-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
Diabetes Awareness

nanakins has much to be proud ofnanakins has much to be proud ofnanakins has much to be proud ofnanakins has much to be proud ofnanakins has much to be proud of

ME TOO!!!!! In the last few weeks, this has been happening. I have Norton 360 to protect my computer. It says it is a serious threat!!!

It started over a week and a half to two weeks ago. A virus hit my computer hard, it was like. . . . . slam!!!. . . . ., the screen flashed, and my Norton punched back and knocked it out!!!! I was so surprised and shocked. Surely, I thought, not here. Since then, regular attacks have happened.

Please WI, please check into this. This was a topic of converstion with other pets at the Kinzville park this week. The virus really messed up some computers.
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!, please help!, stupid virus!, virus threat warning