Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 06:34 AM   #1
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 
Default Unanswered: I was finally able to get in My Rooms this morning by doing this....

Well first off... MY account always seems to be the one w/ issues... My sons account and our Asian account are perfectly fine...
I've been up since about 5am and wasn't able to load my room....

So we normally use FireFox or Safari for Vista on all 3 computers.. All the newest versions.. I was not able to load up MY room this morning using FireFox...

I couldn't even change pets, the box just would turn white and say Please Wait... I couldn't even click on a Bio of a pet of I would be logged out...

So... I know it isn't the computers because I spoke w/ a "Customer Service" rep on Friday who said the issues are on their part... (like we didn't know that)...

No amount of clearing cache, etc, etc.... did ANYTHING...

We cleared cache, did a Disk Cleanup... etc... I'm not a dum dum when it comes to computers (i even built my sons computer from scratch)

So... realizing that if I cannot get into my account, there are 16 yards of crops that will not be happy...

I decided to click on Internet Explorer...

I actually got EVERYTHING to load again! Weird?!

I can even click on things w/o getting the Please Wait.. , logged out.. etc..

Last edited by kellyschrvr; 10-05-2008 at 06:48 AM..
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
Peace to all
Webkinz :)

JennaBee is just really niceJennaBee is just really nice

Default Re: I was finally able to get in My Rooms this morning by doing this....

Hmm, this makes me wonder if a lot of these fixes lately have been focused on making WKW work better with IE.

I too have noticed that WKW works better on my work computer which only uses IE to load while I use Mozilla's Firefox on my home computer.

As usual, the world bows to Microsoft products...
Old 10-05-2008, 06:55 AM   #3

Donation Award 
Default Re: I was finally able to get in My Rooms this morning by doing this....

It is too weird.. it is just working really well right now....I'm doing my garden yards... no Please Waits...
Get into my rooms fine, change pets fine... even arte and the curio shop are working fine...

Then i logged out of my account on IE, and tried again on Firefox... not working..
Old 10-05-2008, 07:00 AM   #4
xerxia is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had ongoing issues with WW and Firefox, every time there's a new glitch it seems I'm affected. As much as I loathe IE perhaps I'll try that...
Old 10-05-2008, 07:08 AM   #5

AKayeR will become famous soon enough

Thats weird I have been using foxfire on my computer it always seems to work better for me than IE.
AKayeR is offline Female
Old 10-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #6
Lil Kinz
jes2400 is an unknown quantity at this point

I still can't get in at all. I've used firefox, flock and IE7...all the helps everyone here has suggested and many more. LIke you, I'm not a complete dodo with computers so this is so frustrating. I enter user name & PW, hit log in, it goes to the green screen with the village on top and says "Loading" and that's it....I've left it on that screen for more than an hour to see if it would eventually load but it doesn't. In firefox it either says "read www.webkinz.com" or it says "transferring files" on the bottom of the firefox site. On the error console it says there are parsing errors.
I have a special needs grandson who lives out of state and he and I meet in WW to "play" together so it's been quite upsetting to me on several levels.
Thanks for letting me vent. I guess all I can do is keep trying.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #7

Donation Award 

This is all weird.. and their fault.. The lady said that on the phone.. that is was on their part...

The weird thing for me.. I was getting.. "Cannot load required file" error box.. in firefox if it'd let the rooms try to load... that is IF that loading chair even showed up.. all i was getting was the blue screen..

But the other weird thing.. that was only w/ MY account.. our other 2 are just fine in ANY browser...
Old 10-05-2008, 07:46 AM   #8
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I know and here a while ago it was the exact opposite. Be hanged if I could get IE7 to work worth diddly! BUT...Safari, no problem...I think it is really arbitrary. They had been having issues with the Flashplayer a while back and I found when it comes to that, Safari works better. Vista...OY...that is a monster in the making, I have never had so much trouble with an OS in my life. I am so glad only one of my PC's and laptops has it. The rest are all XP.

---------- Dixiecup added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

The only time I ever use the Firefox loader link is when I am all out of solutions OR I am clicking leaves like a madwoman!

Last edited by Dixiecup; 10-05-2008 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-05-2008, 07:50 AM   #9

Donation Award 

Hmm.. I have no trouble w/ Vista... i love it

I had no trouble w/ safari browser, until now.. so i'll use IE until webkinz is back to "normal"

---------- kellyschrvr added 0 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

no trouble w/ firefox until now either....

Last edited by kellyschrvr; 10-05-2008 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-05-2008, 08:05 AM   #10
Lil Kinz
jes2400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just tried Safari and no go with that either so now I've tried 4 browsers. Just heard my grandson got on yesterday but, of course, couldn't use everything. I tried getting on his account on my computer and it was the same as for me....I'm wondering if certain ISPs go to certain servers or perhaps based on region of use? Though that doesn't explain why the same household can get on with one account vs. another as you report.
Closed