Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
lol you guysssss
Banned
meerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talent

Default Answered: I dont get this.

I've read all the rules for role playing, but I dont get it. Could someone please explain it to me?
meerkat2020 is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Syd!
Roleplaying is similar to writing a story, only there are others writing the story with you.
You create your own character or take an existing one from a popular story or TV show as long as nobody else is using it on that thread. Then you create a scene and a plot with the other characters.
Here's an example roleplay:
User 1: "Sandra cleaned her sore paws and looked out beyond the ocean that threatened to lap at her tail. She desperately wished that she could swim against the waves of the giant blue beast and reach her friend, Miko."

Once one person is done, another person says their piece.

User 2: "Miko examined Sandra from afar. She was a fairly malnourished cat, and he immediately felt sorry for her."

Something like that. Sorry, I haven't RPed in years. But I do remember the rules.
When you want to say something using your real self rather than your character, use paranthesis.
Example:
User 1: (Hey guys, I got to go to dinner. Bye!)
User 2: (Bye, User 1!)

And then later you can use paranthesis to join back.

To join a roleplay, all you need to do is say (Join?) and wait to see if you can join. Sometimes a form needs to be posted and other times you can just join in without waiting for a response.

Roleplays can generally last forever and you can do anything with your character. You can NOT kill off other characters or use them as you use your own.
EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU CAN'T DO:
User 1: "Sandra ran away from the monster and Miko dodged just in time to see a great big fireball burn the trees."
^ You just controlled two characters (including one that isn't your own) so therefore you may be kicked out of the roleplay. Or you may just be let off with a warning.

I hope this makes sense. I also hope that the rules on WI aren't any different from the ones I used in other sites a few years back.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade
Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade

Default Re: I dont get this.

What don't you get?
Anything specific?
Aikou is offline Female
Old 06-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

i'm in the same boat x]
softballipod is offline Female
Old 06-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
lol you guysssss
Banned
meerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talentmeerkat2020 has lots of talent

i get the rules, that what your character says has to be in quotations, and what you say has to be in parentheses, and that you have to use correct grammar and spelling.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #5

Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade
Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade

Well those are the basics :]
If you want to join an RP, click on the specific RP thread and join it. There is usually a form.
Aikou is offline Female
Old 06-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
Banned
French Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledgeFrench Zebra flows towards the sea of knowledge

Just enter a form for your character, and then just say something. Say you've got a dog named Sasha, and you ask someone to RP with you. Then when they do, just say something like 'Sasha ran through the field.' or something like that. Hope I helped! =]
French Zebra is offline Female
Old 06-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
lol you guysssss
Banned

im still kinda confused. thanks though
Old 06-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
hat's up Buttercup?

Syd! has a brilliant futureSyd! has a brilliant futureSyd! has a brilliant futureSyd! has a brilliant futureSyd! has a brilliant future

Roleplaying is similar to writing a story, only there are others writing the story with you.
You create your own character or take an existing one from a popular story or TV show as long as nobody else is using it on that thread. Then you create a scene and a plot with the other characters.
Here's an example roleplay:
User 1: "Sandra cleaned her sore paws and looked out beyond the ocean that threatened to lap at her tail. She desperately wished that she could swim against the waves of the giant blue beast and reach her friend, Miko."

Once one person is done, another person says their piece.

User 2: "Miko examined Sandra from afar. She was a fairly malnourished cat, and he immediately felt sorry for her."

Something like that. Sorry, I haven't RPed in years. But I do remember the rules.
When you want to say something using your real self rather than your character, use paranthesis.
Example:
User 1: (Hey guys, I got to go to dinner. Bye!)
User 2: (Bye, User 1!)

And then later you can use paranthesis to join back.

To join a roleplay, all you need to do is say (Join?) and wait to see if you can join. Sometimes a form needs to be posted and other times you can just join in without waiting for a response.

Roleplays can generally last forever and you can do anything with your character. You can NOT kill off other characters or use them as you use your own.
EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU CAN'T DO:
User 1: "Sandra ran away from the monster and Miko dodged just in time to see a great big fireball burn the trees."
^ You just controlled two characters (including one that isn't your own) so therefore you may be kicked out of the roleplay. Or you may just be let off with a warning.

I hope this makes sense. I also hope that the rules on WI aren't any different from the ones I used in other sites a few years back.
Syd! is offline Female
Closed