Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #21
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default (Mark Best Answer [Closes Thread]) Re: I can't get into one of my rooms- what should I do?

It is the Chef Gazpacho place setting thatis causing all of the confusion. Just like when the Ribbons and Bows items first came out. Some of the items were able to be bought before you could see them (there was a blank space, but a description) The purchase would move to the dock and then the space there was a blank. SO, even though the space was a balnk, people were taking the item out of dock and placing it in their rooms, only to have a Navy blue box show up in the space where that item should be. It caused the room to freze up and all the pets in it. You couldn't even log out, you had to close the program. Then when people would try and get BACK in the room, it would happen all over again.

Here is the problem with the Navy Box and the placemat that seems to only want to be on the floor.

The rooms are made up out of Grids
| _| _| _|_ |_ |
|_ |_ |_ | _| _|
That is the first layer, the floor, ok...That one will be 5a X5b
| _|_ | _| _| _|
| _| _|_ | _| _|
This is the OVERLAY and second layer 5C X 5D
MOST of the items we buy from the W-shop only occupy a space of 1(HXWXL)Height by width by length, so they are relatively glitch free. They stay in that one spot, you know on the floor, like a side table or a chair.
The other ones are SUPPOSED to go on stuff, like the games and the placemats, lamps, stuffies, trophies, etc. They can occupy both spaces, they can have TWO values for placement.
This is where it gets sticky...They are generally supposed to occupy that SECOND layer above the 1(HXWXL)

SO.... 2(HXWXL) [variable 1(HXWXL)]
above 1(HXWXL)

Do you see what is happening, it sorta cancels out the side table, but the side table still exists...Now the system goes looking for those values and it can't find them...it just keeps searching, KNOWING there is something there and it hangs up the system, looking for it.
Once Ganz gets the values all straightened out on the new items, it is ok, but until then, DON'T put any of the items in the room. Especially if the dock shows empty.

---------- Dixiecup added 4 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

OH and THAT is the reason WHY we don't have bunkbeds, LOL

Last edited by Dixiecup; 09-05-2008 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #22
1MamaWebkin
Gift Guru

1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future

Default (Mark Best Answer [Closes Thread]) Re: I can't get into one of my rooms- what should I do?

Sorry, but I have no clue to what you just said :-) I was in my Halloween room all the time & that is where I am storing my TC # 3 items till the Halloween items come out. Just yesterday I couldn't get into that room...so I called Ganz & they are looking into it.
1MamaWebkin is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #23
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

k, well...if you put an item in a room that hasn't got a specific known value in the system, the system HANGS up looking for it, like an eternal loop.
Uggh..forget it. Just call Ganz, LOL
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #24
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

It looks like the problem is with the Chef Gazpacho Place setting. It's a glitch Ganz needs to fix.
FIA is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #25
Gift Guru

Lioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a hero
Lioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a hero

Darn if that place setting isn't in the room I have frozen too. At least now I know it isn't just my account.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #26
1MamaWebkin
Gift Guru

1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future1MamaWebkin has a brilliant future

Sorry, i am not computer savy :-)
Ganz knows about the glitch & are in the process of trying to fix it, but they have some "tool" down problem. I just got an e-mail from them that they are working on it.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #27
Gift Guru

Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!

my TC3 room won't load either, weird
Disneymum is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #28
sparkspeak
Gift Guru

sparkspeak is just really nicesparkspeak is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
It is the Chef Gazpacho place setting thatis causing all of the confusion. Just like when the Ribbons and Bows items first came out. Some of the items were able to be bought before you could see them (there was a blank space, but a description) The purchase would move to the dock and then the space there was a blank. SO, even though the space was a balnk, people were taking the item out of dock and placing it in their rooms, only to have a Navy blue box show up in the space where that item should be. It caused the room to freze up and all the pets in it. You couldn't even log out, you had to close the program. Then when people would try and get BACK in the room, it would happen all over again.

Here is the problem with the Navy Box and the placemat that seems to only want to be on the floor.

The rooms are made up out of Grids
| _| _| _|_ |_ |
|_ |_ |_ | _| _|
That is the first layer, the floor, ok...That one will be 5a X5b
| _|_ | _| _| _|
| _| _|_ | _| _|
This is the OVERLAY and second layer 5C X 5D
MOST of the items we buy from the W-shop only occupy a space of 1(HXWXL)Height by width by length, so they are relatively glitch free. They stay in that one spot, you know on the floor, like a side table or a chair.
The other ones are SUPPOSED to go on stuff, like the games and the placemats, lamps, stuffies, trophies, etc. They can occupy both spaces, they can have TWO values for placement.
This is where it gets sticky...They are generally supposed to occupy that SECOND layer above the 1(HXWXL)

SO.... 2(HXWXL) [variable 1(HXWXL)]
above 1(HXWXL)

Do you see what is happening, it sorta cancels out the side table, but the side table still exists...Now the system goes looking for those values and it can't find them...it just keeps searching, KNOWING there is something there and it hangs up the system, looking for it.
Once Ganz gets the values all straightened out on the new items, it is ok, but until then, DON'T put any of the items in the room. Especially if the dock shows empty.

---------- Dixiecup added 4 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

OH and THAT is the reason WHY we don't have bunkbeds, LOL

Thanks!
I understand your explanation, but:
The Chef Gazpacho's Place Setting cannot be purchased.
Its image did appear in the dock.
Its image did appear in the room where it was placed.

Attempts to re-enter that room lock the screen and the only option is to log out.
Quitting the program is not necessary.

You state "Once Ganz gets the values all straightened out on the new items, it is ok, but until then, DON'T put any of the items in the room."

Are you saying that all new items are subject to this error or only those that can be placed on top of another?

How are we to know when Ganz has "straightened out" the values on the new items?

sparkspeak is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #29
Ellie

View Post Originally Posted by 1MamaWebkin
Sorry, i am not computer savy :-)
Ganz knows about the glitch & are in the process of trying to fix it, but they have some "tool" down problem. I just got an e-mail from them that they are working on it.

thanks for the update!
Old 09-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #30
1MamaWebkin
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Ellie
thanks for the update!
No problem. Glad I could offer some input & help. I will post an update if i hear anything on Monday. Have a good rest of the weekend.
Closed