Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #41
silvermare
Webkinz :)

silvermare555 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: I CAN'T BUY MORE WEBKINZ!

I am a grandma, my two 11 year old grandaughters got me started on Webkinz. I don't feel i'm to old for Webkinz lol...
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2008, 10:03 AM   #42

Sydneep is an unknown quantity at this point

That would stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have Aunts who R like a 100 years old still plpayin Webkinz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #43
Lil Kinz
Ryoufangirl94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep on trying!!! If you love webkinz then you shouldn't be stopped! I've heard even some collage kids, still play WEBKINZ!Also have you tried to bribe w/ massaging and stuff? You can say, I won't play as much, plllleeeeeeaaassssse?????!!!!!
I really hope you convince your parents! Good Luck! P.S. My webkinz user is Mewgirlrose
(:
Old 02-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #44
I ♥ My

leannaloveswebkinz is on a distinguished road

♥♥ Hmm Well I think that you should save up your allowance and tell your parents that you can buy them with your money not theirs!

Leannaloveswebkinz
Old 02-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #45
lion9
Gifted

balletdancr135 is on a distinguished road

well its better to put all your webkinz on the same account that way everytime you get a new webkinz you will expand the same account.

why not do extra chores, behavior well, and get good grades. maybe then you could convinve your parents to buy you another
Old 02-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #46

heartsxlove is an unknown quantity at this point

well how old ru???? if u tell me that i can give u tips cuz im kinda old too
Old 02-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #47

Stellalisa is on a distinguished road

I totally understand your distress, but as a parent, I sort of have to agree with your folks -- they have a right to set limits while you are living under their roof. Also, it's their home too, and if the WK are taking over, they have the right to draw the line.

And saying that an expired account is a waste of $70, I wouldn't fall for that; you probably should have kept them all on one account. Also, you had at least a full year's play with those accounts, so it is not a waste.

Part of the reason we parents give our kids allowance is to teach a bit of financial responsibility. If you're putting a big chunk of it in the bank, and keeping a little bit aside for fun, I think you can make the argument that you are being responsible.

An account lasts a year. Propose a contract with your parents that you will
reduce your spending, increase your savings, set a limit on the amount of time you spend on the computer, spend more time reading and helping out. If you can show that kind of maturity, I know *I* as a parent would have a lot of respect for you.

That's my 2 cents worth.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #48
Webkinzluver34
Gifted

kwingzluver will become famous soon enough

buy trading cards either series because u can win online pets I convinced them that well i used to have 12 but now i have 14 i convinced them that i didnt have too many webkinz and i told them it was education and i learn from it
Old 02-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #49

ReSpekt is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by leannaloveswebkinz
♥♥ Hmm Well I think that you should save up your allowance and tell your parents that you can buy them with your money not theirs!

Leannaloveswebkinz
I HAVE BOUGHT ALL OF THEM WITH MY OWN MONEY THAT'S WHY IT'S NOT FAIR! IT'S NOT THEIR STUPID MONEY - IT'S MINE THAT I EARNED ON MY OWN AND THEY ARE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO WITH IT AND THEY SAY I WILL THANK THEM SOME DAY BUT I KNOW I WON'T AND THEY JUST DON'T LISTEN TO ME WHEN I TRY TO TALK TO THEM BECAUSE THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WEBKINZ

---------- ReSpekt added 12 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Stellalisa
I totally understand your distress, but as a parent, I sort of have to agree with your folks -- they have a right to set limits while you are living under their roof. Also, it's their home too, and if the WK are taking over, they have the right to draw the line.

And saying that an expired account is a waste of $70, I wouldn't fall for that; you probably should have kept them all on one account. Also, you had at least a full year's play with those accounts, so it is not a waste.

Part of the reason we parents give our kids allowance is to teach a bit of financial responsibility. If you're putting a big chunk of it in the bank, and keeping a little bit aside for fun, I think you can make the argument that you are being responsible.

An account lasts a year. Propose a contract with your parents that you will
reduce your spending, increase your savings, set a limit on the amount of time you spend on the computer, spend more time reading and helping out. If you can show that kind of maturity, I know *I* as a parent would have a lot of respect for you.

That's my 2 cents worth.
k i'm not trying to sound mean or anything, but my parents are a bit different than you, i've put ALOT of money in my bank account for school, like over 2000, and i have tried doing extra chores and helping out around the house to earn more money to buy webkinz but it doesn't seem to make a difference to them. but it really shouldn't matter if i'm "living under their roof" it's my money that i'm spend ing so why should it even make a difference to them? and if i try to tell them about the site and how much you can do they just say "that's nice" and go back to what they are doing, they don't even give me a chance. like for example today my mo and i were shopping and we went into a store called kite and kaboodle and they sell almost every webkinz and their lil' kinz are 9.99 and the webkinz are 11.99 which is alot cheaper than the other places so i asked my mom if i could buy one and she just got mad and told me i had too many (by the way if you didn't read some of the earlier posts where i said something about my moms addiction to antiques well she spends so much money on them and there isn't even enough room in our house for them anymore because she has so many but i don't stop her from buying them) but then on the way home she wanted to stop at this store and then she bought another one of her antiques even though she honestly has at least over 100 and i swear i am no lying and she says i have too many webkinz when i have 6 in real life and 8 on the computer.... it's just not fair
- ReSpekt

Last edited by ReSpekt; 02-16-2008 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #50

Stellalisa is on a distinguished road

Well, now that we have more of the story, I really do feel your pain. I am sorry your parents are not more understanding; 6 WK is not so many, and you do sound like you have behaved reasonably.

Do you have another adult in your family that you can invite to help out with a family meeting? (Like and aunt or a grandparent?)

Sometimes it's really tough following your parents rules -- believe, me, I know!! I spent A LOT of time being grounded!! LOL!

Good luck, ReSpekt -- if all else fails, come here and vent when you have to.

Closed