Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2021, 09:39 PM   #1
furbyamy
Webkinz :)

Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!

Question Unanswered: I am very confused on what the correct names of things are

Hi, How is everyone doing?
Maybe someone in here can help with some of the confusion or if I am having a miscommunication issue as well. I have always had learning disabilities in life & it’s hard for me to word things in life too. Others have to help me out with those things lots of times too.
It’s also very difficult to read & see, distinguishing between certain characters too especially things on the screen of devices too. Which is sort of necessary so you can go through the setup if its a new device. I have lots of problems with reading comprehension/vocabulary words too & sometimes the automatic spellcheckers in things cause even more problems.

All devices come with an Operating System installed on them & other basic apps already installed and setup along with the language installed. If you have it in the wrong language to begin with, then that will make things worse. Sometimes I even get emails & other things start displaying in Spanish or even French sometimes.

I’m trying to get help on whether or not I even have the correct app for Webkinz installed since they seem to maybe think we have the wrong things installed or getting it from the wrong location. Even though on some of the posts, Mandy does, it provides 3 places but then when Sally writes, says stuff about the Desktop App to go through the web browser.
The 3 links that Mandy gives are very long and a few of the characters are hard to distinguish between. One of them is the
Microsoft Store
App Store
Play Store

Which those are not using the browser which the browser is also an app too that was preinstalled on the device along with all of the other apps that come to on it. They demonstrate so many things when you watch them on tv or wherever you purchase the device from & will even walk you through things doing something called "Screen Share" or "Remote Access" so then they can determine if the device is broken & if under warranty you have to arrange other things such as getting it sent in for repairs & stuff like that.
It also seems like some of the automatic updates cause things to change a bit too.
Some people seem to say the things that seem like they can be changed cause worse problems if you change the text size, zoom, fonts stuff like that. Which is what I don’t know what to do. In classes I took online in the past, the lessons had to do with formatting the text and stuff like that. We had to have the apps the lessons went with to do that with but yes, we had to do that. I have made mistakes in the past and still do because of certain areas you have to enter the information they want into is not on the screen or other things such as the automatic spell checkers sometimes causing this to happen.
There is also an app called "Zoom" that so many have to use with the pandemic happening. So, yes Zoom is also a function too.
I have entered my birthday in the wrong location in the past.

Thank you for all help,
Amy
Amyloveswebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #2
lolgirl8910

InterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talentInterestingKinz has lots of talent

Default Re: I am very confused on what the correct names of things are

I just got a lot of information from a single post, so sorry if I misinterpret what you're asking, but here.

Using the Microsoft Store (for Windows devices), App Store (for Apple devices), or Play store (for Android devices) (yeah I agree the names can get confusing) means you will have to download Webkinz as a separate app and not as a browser. Additionally, installing Webkinz from the Microsoft Store will ONLY give you the new 3D version of Webkinz, not classic!

At the moment, I do not think there is a way to play Webkinz with your built-in browser as Adobe Flash, the software Classic Webkinz used to run in the browser, has been fully discontinued recently.

If it's Classic Webkinz that you would like to play, you can only use the Desktop App (if you are on a computer) that is installed at the Webkinz website by pressing the big yellow play button and following the instructions. If you already have that, you should be good to go.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:05 PM   #3
furbyamy

Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!Amyloveswebkinz is not just visiting!

The reason why I still am very confused is yes, you can purchase a Laptop, Desktop Computer, iPad, etc. Every device will have different operating systems on them.
Also every device you purchase they offer all of the support on getting things setup properly. If something is broken then you will need to know that so you can return it.
Some of the problems I run into is not being able to distinguish between certain characters and stuff like that. So is very hard to enter information when asked for that information to install and download the stuff on the device
Prior to using this iPad with iOS
I have always used a Desktop with Windows Operating System installed on it. I registered for my Deluxe Membership years ago using that computer that I no longer have anymore.
The software was backed up to your account so things can get installed properly on the new devices.
You have to login with your Apple ID and password and it gets billed or shows up in the Purchases area of the account. Yes, it gets stored in the iCloud account along with all of the other apps preinstalled on the devices
You also have to be connected to the internet to download anything too. Yes, the technician who sets up the internet installs the modem and router to your devices & configures it.
Apple and some of them say that Webkinz and other apps are all considered 3rd party apps so I will need to reach out to them for assistance on their apps.
Even when things such as Closed Caption & other things need to be enabled properly for me to do most things.

Now I don’t know what to think. Using my iPad trying to upload a screenshot that seems to upload on other places like Facebook.
It shows one of the problems I run into when typing or trying to enter things using an iPad the onscreen keyboard comes up halfway up the screen. When you have to type things in like your username and passwords things like that, you need to type in that area or it won’t work
The onscreen keyboard shows up where the dock or taskbar shows up on a Desktop or Laptop computer that doesn’t have an onscreen keyboard like this iPad & phones or mobile phone that I don’t have use
It’s giving an error
927A11A9-2EBE-4334-8CF2-0113283D66A4.png:
This is not a valid image file.

Last edited by Amyloveswebkinz; 01-23-2021 at 10:05 PM..
Old 01-24-2021, 05:26 PM   #4
Gifted

Cloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guide

Hi Amy,

I think InterestingKinz wrote a great reply above!

I'll try to answer your other questions.

First: Try not to let anyone screen share unless you're sure they're a real company, or a good friend.

Second: There's TWO different webkinz games now - which is very confusing!

There's a new game called "Webkinz Next" and sometimes its called just "Webkinz." But that's a different game from the Webkinz we've played for years. It looks a little like the old Webkinz, and it's made by the same company, but it has a lot of differences.

The Webkinz game we've played for many years is now called "Webkinz Classic." I think that's the one you want.

For iPad:

Open the App Store app on your ipad.

Search for the "Webkinz Classic" app and install that. It should be free. Make sure the page you download from says "Webkinz Classic" and not just "Webkinz."

After you download the Webkinz Classic app, you should be able to use that on your ipad and log into webkinz like before. You can use your old username and password, or make a new account.

If you log in with your old username and Password, you'll see all your old pets and rooms, just like before. You can play in your rooms, play some games, and dress your pets.

On an ipad, you may not be able to do all the activities you did on a computer. - But sometimes that's ok!

If you want to do everything you could before, you can use the Webkinz Classic app on a computer.

For an Apple or Mac computer:

Go to webkinz.com and click the "Play" button, just like you used to do, to log in.

After you click "Play", instead of seeing a login window like before, a small window will open saying that you need the app.

That window will have a link that says "Click here to get it now."

Click on that link to download the webkinz classic app for your computer.

After the app is dowloaded, you can open it and log into webkinz like you did before.

For a PC Computer:

I think my instructions for a Mac computer (above) will work for a PC too, and I think it will download the Webkinz Classic app for a PC, but I'm not sure. It might download the new "Webkinz Next" app, which is the new different webkinz game that I don't think you want.

I hope this works!

If this is still confusing, show my instructions to a friend. It should help them download the correct app for you.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:07 PM   #5
furbyamy

Question Re: I am very confused on what the correct names of things are

That is why we are still confused. We had Apple do the Remote Access since that is one of the services they provide same with HP, and every other device we purchase. They help get things transferred over to your new devices and if it is broken you have to return it.

The iPad is an Apple device. The computer I had years ago was a Dell Desktop Computer which had Windows XP on it. Now I use a HP Laptop with Windows Operating System on it & iPad with the latest ios version. I can’t ask Apple for help on my HP Laptop.
I have had lots of other iPads in the past & one of them was still under warranty when the charging thing was broken. Customer support logged onto it with us to help walk us around and stuff like that since it’s a new device and not familiar with where things are.

The technician who was at the house to install the internet to all of the devices at our house has to configure things so it will work otherwise I won’t be able to download any of the stuff without being connected to the internet.

Prior to the pandemic a friend of mine did come over but they use a iPhone. They were able to help somewhat when we were wondering if a problem with the internet not working right and stuff like that. That was with a previous iPad that I no longer use. The apps from that one so Webkinz is on it was backed up to the iCloud account that we are paying for every month for extra storage space, etc.
Yes, before anyone can get things setup on a new device you have to have it in your house or business.
Right now on QVC, they are actually selling HP Laptops very similar to what I currently have.
They all come with whatever preinstalled apps that come with it. No way around that.
Now what I do have problems with is distinguishing between certain characters & other handicap settings that are setup and enabled properly for me to be able to use things.
Closed Captioning is at least one of the features.
We also have to do Automatic Updates to the apps too. So, they show the versions of the Apps along with it. I was trying to ask Webkinz about the version I currently have
Here is a screenshot I just took. The only way to do that is to have the device you are taking the screenshots with in your house & be logged in so you can save it and find it to upload it to wherever you are uploading it too. The screenshot was to show what happens when anyone searches. It says Update next to it. Then when you open that part it says a Version number for it 3.18.10
Well now I really don’t know what to do, I get this error when trying to upload it. I don’t understand why it says it is not valid. What is not valid about it?
24E17816-8039-425E-8B54-5866BEED1983.jpeg:
Invalid File
Old 01-24-2021, 10:52 PM   #6
WWid:Royalmajesty

Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness
Queen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicnessQueen of Sheba is epic beyond epicness

Amy - are you saying that you already have downloaded the Webkinz Classic desktop app onto your HP Laptop? And that the issue you are now having is when you want to take a screen shot of your Webkinz room? I am not sure I totally understand what the problem is.....maybe the file is too big?
Queen of Sheba is offline Female
Old 01-24-2021, 10:56 PM   #7
Gifted

Cloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guideCloud One is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Queen of Sheba
Amy - are you saying that you already have downloaded the Webkinz Classic desktop app onto your HP Laptop? And that the issue you are now having is when you want to take a screen shot of your Webkinz room? I am not sure I totally understand what the problem is.....maybe the file is too big?
I think Amy is trying to upload a screenshot of what she sees when she tries to install or update the app.

------

Amy:

Try changing the .JPEG part at the end of your file name, to .JPG See if that works.

If it doesn't, there's probably nothing wrong with your image. It's probably this website.

Did you try the steps I put in my other post, for your ipad? If the app store page says "Webkinz Classic" you can click the button there to update or install Webkinz Classic on your ipad.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:21 AM   #8
furbyamy

Maybe I can try and explain things a bit better. Sorry, I have learning disabilities in life too so makes things a bit harder too along with physical disabilities.
I am extremely scared and stressed out. It seems like I never get a chance to enjoy my new devices because of a misunderstanding or something breaks with it or a virus and spyware now can cause things to break.
My Deluxe Membership just renewed at the end of December before Flash Player stopped working. Since it’s Christmas I also just got new pets for Christmas. The other day on my new HP Laptop with Windows Operating System which is also under warranty did an Automatic Updates and the icon for Webkinz was no longer in the taskbar anymore either & now it has new buttons that were not there before.
Since I know there is a New 3D versions or whatever out there too, I don’t know what to do with my new iPad which is Apple. The iPad is also under warranty, however we keep running out of space because of one of the other problems is it tries to install and update apps where the company no longer exists anymore. So it stalls out and stays in your Apps Purchased area of the account.
It has like a strange icon with an very tiny arrow pointing down instead of up or sideways like some things.
As you can see by what I just said, it is very difficult to distinguish between certain characters typed on the screen. So, is hard to figure out if it will get the correct version of Webkinz and I wont get the wrong one which does still exist so I will be charged for even more.
I have handicapped settings and features setup that I need enabled to be able to see and use daily & use things for emergencies too.
Anyways, one of the problem is the boxes and even the task bar which is below the dock on the Laptop, I keep losing things I need to adjust the screen so I can get to different controls to hit play, pause, stop things like that.
On my iPad it has an onscreen keyboard. Which when you type, yes, it covers up half the screen so the dock on Webkinz and then I guess they also call it the Dock on an iPad too it has other apps installed there too next to Webkinz icon. In some areas of the device it has the apps in alphabetical order. It also shows some things that seem to be a bit off too with the dates and times sometimes seem to get messed up too and I get notifications when things have already happened and I get it several times again.
That is the way I guess the camera works that is installed on the iPad. I have looked everywhere and do not see anywhere to go in order to change the extension on an iPad.
In here I can type jpg
I can type phone numbers or other things here you have to dial extensions in phone numbers too sometimes so, sometimes that gets confusing too. What extension are they referring to at first. Yes, I never did too well on the tests in life. Reading comprehension mainly vocabulary issues causing more problems. You have to know what they are referring to when they say a word you don’t know or if it is something completely different.
Or I guess you could have an extension in a date when an assignment or something is due.
On my Dell Desktop Computer which had a scanner before that broke and never got a chance to do stuff like that again it had a way to save it as a jpg, gif, etc. So then that changes the extension.
The screen on my iPad I think is 10 inches at least I don’t know how to make the screen any smaller than it comes with. My friend who was over about a year or so ago with her iPhone was suggesting to use my Laptop and saying there maybe other devices and tools with latger screens since one of my issues is seeing things too. Distinguishing between certain characters like capital and lower case letters and even numbers and punctuation symbols that are on the screen. Sometimes if you get a hold of tech support on the phone they can say B as in Boy or something like that.
The automatic spell checkers also seem to cause alot of problems too. It seems to automatically change and add things that I can’t get to stop. Doing this so, if I am not adding the correct extension maybe because I am not reading the characters properly. The characters have underlines and dots and other punctuation that make it difficult to tell what exactly the word is on the screen.
Webkinz.JPEG
Old 01-25-2021, 11:04 AM   #9
Gifted

Hi Amy,

Quote:
Maybe I can try and explain things a bit better. Sorry, I have learning disabilities in life too so makes things a bit harder too along with physical disabilities.

I am extremely scared and stressed out. It seems like I never get a chance to enjoy my new devices because of a misunderstanding or something breaks with it or a virus and spyware now can cause things to break.
It can be stressful to set up a new computer and not have the old one anymore. Especially when you don't have someone in person to help set it up the way that works best for you.

Quote:
Since I know there is a New 3D versions or whatever out there too, I don’t know what to do with my new iPad which is Apple. The iPad is also under warranty, however we keep running out of space because of one of the other problems is it tries to install and update apps where the company no longer exists anymore. So it stalls out and stays in your Apps Purchased area of the account.
It has like a strange icon with an very tiny arrow pointing down instead of up or sideways like some things.
I've seen that "download stalling" problem before. That is something Apple should help you with. Try to fix that first, before you try to re-install or update "Webkinz Classic" on your ipad.

Call Apple, and if the person you speak to at Apple can't explain things well, ask to speak to a supervisor. If that person also can't explain it well, ask to speak to THAT person's supervisor.

Also, stay on the phone while you do the steps they suggest, and don't hang up until it's working ok again. Don't worry about taking too much time. Even if it takes an hour! It will take less time than hanging up and calling them back a lot

Apple should be able to fix these 3 problems in one long phone call.

- Fix Downloads Stalling
- Delete Apps you don't want anymore so they stop downloading again and using space
- Install "Webkinz Classic" from the App Store.

Quote:
The other day on my new HP Laptop with Windows Operating System which is also under warranty did an Automatic Updates and the icon for Webkinz was no longer in the taskbar anymore either & now it has new buttons that were not there before.
Other people posted about the same problem. Maybe something in these threads can help:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...lassic-813966/

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...c-work-813971/

And these are my instructions, again, for downloading Webkinz Classic to a computer:

For a computer:

Go to webkinz.com and click the "Play" button, just like you used to do, to log in.

After you click "Play", instead of seeing a login window like before, a small window will open saying that you need the app.

(Hopefully this will download "Webkinz Classic" and not the new "3D" Webkinz.)

Quote:
My Deluxe Membership just renewed at the end of December before Flash Player stopped working. Since it’s Christmas I also just got new pets for Christmas.
Since you just bought a new Deluxe Membership and Pets, someone at the Ganz EStore might also be able to help with your HP Laptop Webkinz Classic issue.

Tell them:

- You purchased a year of Deluxe and new pets in December.

- Your "Webkinz Classic" app disappeared from the dock on your HP Laptop and you need help installing the right one again.

- You are disabled and need someone to help you on the telephone.

This is the link for Ganz Estore Customer Service:

https://support.ganzworld.com/ganz-estore-cs/

Quote:
I have handicapped settings and features setup that I need enabled to be able to see and use daily & use things for emergencies too.

Anyways, one of the problem is the boxes and even the task bar which is below the dock on the Laptop, I keep losing things I need to adjust the screen so I can get to different controls to hit play, pause, stop things like that.

On my iPad it has an onscreen keyboard. Which when you type, yes, it covers up half the screen so the dock on Webkinz and then I guess they also call it the Dock on an iPad too it has other apps installed there too next to Webkinz icon. In some areas of the device it has the apps in alphabetical order. It also shows some things that seem to be a bit off too with the dates and times sometimes seem to get messed up too and I get notifications when things have already happened and I get it several times again.
The things you mention in this part sound like they are working ok and not broken, but they are not set up in a good way for you.

It's hard to get "in person" help during Covid because many places are closed. When places are open (maybe some are open now) you can try:
  • The Apple Store (for in person ipad setup help)
  • The store you bought your laptop from (for your laptop setup).

Also, these places usually have Volunteers to help people set up new computers, tablets, and phones, especially if they need special settings:
  • A community center
  • A senior center (even if you're not a senior)
  • A disabled center
  • A local library

Quote:
...on the iPad. I have looked everywhere and do not see anywhere to go in order to change the extension on an iPad.
I understand that you can't find a way to change the picture's extension using the ipad. But I think you explained your problem well, even without a picture.

Last edited by Cloud One; 01-25-2021 at 11:06 AM..
Old 01-25-2021, 02:43 PM   #10
furbyamy

View Post Originally Posted by Cloud One
Hi Amy,

It can be stressful to set up a new computer and not have the old one anymore. Especially when you don't have someone in person to help set it up the way that works best for you.

I've seen that "download stalling" problem before. That is something Apple should help you with. Try to fix that first, before you try to re-install or update "Webkinz Classic" on your ipad.

Call Apple, and if the person you speak to at Apple can't explain things well, ask to speak to a supervisor. If that person also can't explain it well, ask to speak to THAT person's supervisor.

Also, stay on the phone while you do the steps they suggest, and don't hang up until it's working ok again. Don't worry about taking too much time. Even if it takes an hour! It will take less time than hanging up and calling them back a lot

Apple should be able to fix these 3 problems in one long phone call.

- Fix Downloads Stalling
- Delete Apps you don't want anymore so they stop downloading again and using space
- Install "Webkinz Classic" from the App Store.

Other people posted about the same problem. Maybe something in these threads can help:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...lassic-813966/

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...c-work-813971/

And these are my instructions, again, for downloading Webkinz Classic to a computer:

For a computer:

(Hopefully this will download "Webkinz Classic" and not the new "3D" Webkinz.)

Since you just bought a new Deluxe Membership and Pets, someone at the Ganz EStore might also be able to help with your HP Laptop Webkinz Classic issue.

Tell them:

- You purchased a year of Deluxe and new pets in December.

- Your "Webkinz Classic" app disappeared from the dock on your HP Laptop and you need help installing the right one again.

- You are disabled and need someone to help you on the telephone.

This is the link for Ganz Estore Customer Service:

https://support.ganzworld.com/ganz-estore-cs/

The things you mention in this part sound like they are working ok and not broken, but they are not set up in a good way for you.

It's hard to get "in person" help during Covid because many places are closed. When places are open (maybe some are open now) you can try:
  • The Apple Store (for in person ipad setup help)
  • The store you bought your laptop from (for your laptop setup).

Also, these places usually have Volunteers to help people set up new computers, tablets, and phones, especially if they need special settings:
  • A community center
  • A senior center (even if you're not a senior)
  • A disabled center
  • A local library

I understand that you can't find a way to change the picture's extension using the ipad. But I think you explained your problem well, even without a picture.
Before I continue and maybe lose everything I just typed out, I keep getting logged out of here. Same as when on with customer support
The same problem is happening on here that happens other places too and is very hard to think about how to word things and explain it all again to someone different.

I forgot if I mentioned this is a new iPad. The limited warranty on this one runs out in a few months or so, early summer/spring. Depending on where you live. Florida panhandle which has also been affected by the hurricanes. Bridges are still out along with the pandemic. I try to type Webkinz and the automatic spell checkers like I say keeps causing problems too and other punctuation you have to include.
My name keeps getting messed up in lots of places too because of this. Same as other people I know. When I type their information or even try to start emailing them it starts sometimes trying to pull out other names and even companies.
If you have someones name, first or last name that starts with a certain character it starts trying to automatically insert the wrong person and then if not fast enough you may accidentally email everyone with that name. I sure don’t want to send it to the wrong person and then they will get all of this that you just tried to send to the Customer Support or whoever.
Then if someone has been hacked over the years like we have, they have a different email address and the hacker is getting the emails.
We did just have a tech out to the house not long ago who brought a new modem/router. Yes, he had to make sure things are setup properly for things to connect. He was sitting at the Desktop HP computer which is where we have in a different room to get things setup and working along with the printer that has to be properly installed and uses the internet to print from all of the devices.
Due to the pandemic we purchase stuff online or tv like QVC or HSN. We don’t have a Apple Store where we live. I have had several iPads over the years but before that I only used a Desktop Computer a Dell Desktop Computer computer with Windows XP.
We had to get Apple to send us a box to send one of the other iPads back. They do not have any of the handicaps I have so is very difficult to explain why you can’t physically do some of the things they want or ask you to do or ask you to repeat steps the previous tech did before getting disconnected. Yes, when we call on the phone or whatever they transfer you and you get disconnected or due to a different issue can’t do this. I have trouble talking due to some of my handicaps cause people not to understand me too so then the voice techs stuff doesn’t understand things either. It sometimes even spells our address wrong too. I also have a terrible time understanding what people are saying which is why having features such as Closed Caption helps with things like that too along with ways to improve figuring out what characters are typed in codes you have to give.
Same on Webkinz, the codes we have to put in with the pets are sometimes difficult to read what they are. Copy and paste has helped me out with some of that but then some of that is not always in a format where you can copy and paste.
Whenever I read things and reply in some places, bold format which helps to read a little better starts adding additional characters and symbols, punctuation. Which makes things so much more difficult in life. It has some kind of brackets around the letter b
Same with links that people give too, so when you copy and paste to make sure you have the correct address that sometimes will start adding strange things too. Whenever I type some characters and words including dates it tries to create a link out of it and then open my calendar app & other apps and tries to schedule stuff too. I just hit cancel if I get an option to do that when something starts happening that I don’t want to happen. Delete or backspace if that is an option. Undo and Redo seems to work for some things. Sometimes I even start having things display in the wrong language too other than English and hearing stuff in the wrong language.
On this iPad the screen protector that we have on it at the moment that protects it from breaking the screen if it is dropped is on the best as it is. Physically is difficult to get it on. We will have to get Best Buy to do that since no Apple Store. Which is why we had to send the other one back because Best Buy doesn't do repairs to Apple devices there. That requires someone to drive to the post office and do all of that other stuff and we can’t because of the pandemic and the bridge causing places to go out of business.

I have an email that happened years ago and this may should help with why some things including the apps maybe still on the iPad. I don’t know. Here is what someone else said when I was having problems with the Dell Desktop. The repairman did not know anything about Webkinz even though Webkinz was around back then.
"About the blue-screen problems, those can be hard to fix.* Usually the repairman could fix it by removing old drivers in "safe mode" using process-of-elimination to figure out which one was causing the problem.* Even if you uninstall or remove the old mouse, some old software may still be loaded."

Last edited by Amyloveswebkinz; 01-25-2021 at 02:43 PM..
Closed