Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid
Webkinz :)

I_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to behold

Exclamation Answered: How To Wash Webkinz?

A little while ago, I took my signature golden retriever to the park when it was pretty wet, and when I got home her fur was all messy. I tried to wash it so it's fur wouldn't dry weird, but I ended up making it worse, now her fur smells and in a few spots, she's missing fur. Can you tell me how to fix this? How should I wash my webkinz?

Last edited by I_love_Webkinz; 03-18-2010 at 03:14 PM..
I_love_Webkinz is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by chmoneybags
I wash ours in the washing machine on a short delicate cycle.
I put them on a towel on top of the dryer to air dry.

I have a front load washer so it uses less water than a top load...You may need to when delicate cycle is over, do another final spin on a regular cycle to get out most of the excess water.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
horan's bed
Gift Guru

stormypanda is sweet stuff
stormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuff

Default Re: My Signature Golden Retriever

View Post Originally Posted by I_love_Webkinz
A little while ago, I took my signature golden retriever to the park when it was pretty wet, and when I got home her fur was all messy. I tried to wash it so it's fur wouldn't dry weird, but I ended up making it worse, now her fur smells and in a few spots, she's missing fur. Can you tell me how to fix this? How should I wash my webkinz?

Wait, did you wash using a washing machine and then a dryer or did you just hand wash?
Old 03-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
Gift Guru

pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

I am sorry about that! I would suggest maybe using some good smelling soap to make it smell nice. But I would just wash it in the sink. I am not sure how this would work because I have never tried this.
pinky719 is offline Female
Old 03-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid

I_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by stormypanda
Wait, did you wash using a washing machine and then a dryer or did you just hand wash?
Well what happened was I give it a bath in the tub to try and make it smell good, and then blow dried it but I guess it didn't dry properly.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

Default Re: How To Wash Webkinz?

I normally just throw them in the washer machine and then set them on top of the dryer (while it runs). I haven't had any stinky problems so far.
You could do that or wash in the kitchen sink and then sit him outside??(saying it is a sunny day), but I don't have any experience with this method, just the washer
Old 03-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
Bloody Charity

Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!
Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!Tiffany520 is a def. WINNER!

I found out that the best way to ash webkinz is to go near the sink, and take a washcloth and get it wet. then rub it all over your kinz. Then get some baby shampoo and put a VERY small amount of it on the washcloth. Then rub that over your kinz. Then finally, pick a spot on your washcloth that doesn't have soap, get it wet, then rub that over your kinz. You can dry them with a towel, but for some kinz, air dry works best!
Tiffany520 is offline Female
Old 03-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid

Oh I told my mom to throw it in the washing machine, she said it probably wasn't safe because it just says "Hand Wash" (on the tags). Is there a specific method for the washing machine, like should I use the delicate cycle?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
Chain of Love
Gifted

chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!

I have a front load washer so it uses less water than a top load...You may need to when delicate cycle is over, do another final spin on a regular cycle to get out most of the excess water.

Last edited by chmoneybags; 03-18-2010 at 03:53 PM..
chmoneybags is offline Female
Old 03-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid

View Post Originally Posted by chmoneybags
When that cycle is over I do a final spin on a regular cycle to get out most of the excess water.

I never usually use the washing machine lol, you think you could tell me how to do a delicate cycle?
Old 03-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
Chain of Love
Gifted

chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!

Most models are different...But Gentle, Delicate or Hand wash will be the cycle. Cold water Tempeture, and light soil type setting should do it.

Click the image to open in full size.
chmoneybags is offline Female
Closed