Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #21
ebkinz addict :)
Webkinz :)

Webkinzgurl16 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How True?????

This whole limited edition thing is very confusing I find. I am not able to find any Hippie Hippos in my area, except for one store, that had the 3. Meanwhile, in other areas people are finding up to 14! What is going on here? lol Maybe it depends on where you live, if you get a surplus of plush, or very few...if only ganz would let up know for sure...
Webkinzgurl16 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #22
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: How True?????

Quote:
So how come Ganz isn't limiting that store or any of the hallmarks and Justices in the surrounding cities and even states where i live???? Did they cancel limited availablility???
Here you go:

View Post Originally Posted by Zameron
Ganz plays favorites with the BIG CHAIN locations. We found out they sell to a Company that has lets say 1000 Locations then that company distributes them out to the indavidual stores. Now, here's where is get's interesting. Ganz Can't confirm how many stores that company has or which ones will carry the webkinz product. For example, out of 3 Justice in our area only 1 got the Hippie Hippos. Heck, in the last 3 months only 2 out of the 3 has been carrying the new Webkinz..
FIA is offline Female
Old 06-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #23
D.E.F.Y. Gravity <
Gifted

kiki6500 is the cats pajamas!kiki6500 is the cats pajamas!kiki6500 is the cats pajamas!kiki6500 is the cats pajamas!kiki6500 is the cats pajamas!kiki6500 is the cats pajamas!

Default 2 reasons why I am sure we will all get our wanted July pets.

Hello everyone so I'm sure most of you have heard about the July regular pets being limited to 3 pets per store. Do not fret about this! I have 2 reason why:

1) Remember how the minty mouse was only going to be 6 per store? My local Justice got like 10 of them. Even after I picked mine up.

2)I was visiting my local Justice about 4 days ago. I saw a hippie hippo in June! I couldn't believe it! I didn't get it because it's apperance weas one I wasn't too fond of. (Just my opinion)

Please think about this and don't fret about getting your July webkinz. Ganz is doing this as a marketing trick. Remember that. Somehow Hallmarks and Justices and Fye's and all the other webbie retailers will find a way around it like always. I hope this brings up hope for those of you who really want these July webbies!

((HUGS))~Kiki (Sorry if this is in the wrong place)
kiki6500 is offline Female
Old 06-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #24
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: 2 reasons why I am sure we will all get our wanted July pets.

i saw a cracker barrel that had at least 20 minty mooses, my local gordmans had 4 hippy hippos

so yeah...
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 06-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #25
Banned
webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!
webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!webkinzfan909 is a WI addict!

I find this funny:
1) With the Hippie Hippo, GANZ said that they were limited and everyone went totally berserk! Then, after a month or so, everyone's excitement died down. No one was bombarding stores, and i could bring my Hippie Hippo places without 10 people coming up to me asking where i got her. GANZ churned out more. AFTER the biggest portion of the money had been made.

2) The only reason they kept the Hippie Hippo limited for a while is because they got what they wanted. People weren't thinking, "OH I HAVE TO PAY A LOT OF MONEY FOR A JULY PET!!!" they were thinking, "Hmm, i don't know if i can trust GANZ. If they keep doing this, i may not buy webkinz anymore.. And if they go estore, that's a lot of money down the toilet..." and so on. People weren't freaking out like they did over the Hippie Hippo, they were MAD. I know that when i heard the news, i wondered why GANZ was doing it, because it wasn't turning people toward them, but against them. I'd bet money that i walk into Hallmark in July and they're 10 of each on the shelf. Marketing trick. Beanie Babies did it back in 1998, they said that all beanie babies were retiring, and what did they do in 1999? Put them back on the market.

Personally, i'm not worried either. I really hope that this post has assured some of you that ARE worried, too
Old 06-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #26
Gifted

abeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond reputeabeautifullife has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know that about beanie babies - what a cruel trick by a company! I hope all the July pets are fairly easy to find. Usually I preorder, but since I can't now, I'm probably stuck trying to find them in person. I'd really like to be able to get all of them, but if I can't, I at least want the puppy. And maybe the camel.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #27
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

I agree with you. I am going at the first of the month and scooping up the Petal Puppy and Mohawk Monkey.
cheekyluver is offline Male
Old 06-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #28

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

I think you're right. I feel very reassured now. Thank you.
tarabella9 is offline Female
Old 06-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #29
elcome 2014!!
Gift Coach

funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence
funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzfan909
I find this funny:
1) With the Hippie Hippo, GANZ said that they were limited and everyone went totally berserk! Then, after a month or so, everyone's excitement died down. No one was bombarding stores, and i could bring my Hippie Hippo places without 10 people coming up to me asking where i got her. GANZ churned out more. AFTER the biggest portion of the money had been made.

2) The only reason they kept the Hippie Hippo limited for a while is because they got what they wanted. People weren't thinking, "OH I HAVE TO PAY A LOT OF MONEY FOR A JULY PET!!!" they were thinking, "Hmm, i don't know if i can trust GANZ. If they keep doing this, i may not buy webkinz anymore.. And if they go estore, that's a lot of money down the toilet..." and so on. People weren't freaking out like they did over the Hippie Hippo, they were MAD. I know that when i heard the news, i wondered why GANZ was doing it, because it wasn't turning people toward them, but against them. I'd bet money that i walk into Hallmark in July and they're 10 of each on the shelf. Marketing trick. Beanie Babies did it back in 1998, they said that all beanie babies were retiring, and what did they do in 1999? Put them back on the market.

Personally, i'm not worried either. I really hope that this post has assured some of you that ARE worried, too
I know, I paid 30.00 for a Hippie Hippo for my daughter on eBay thinking I wouldn't be able to find one, then a week later, they had 3 at Cracker Barrel.

I did the same with the Minty Moose ~ I guess I should have learned my lesson the first time ... .

Hopefully it will be the same way this time, and we'll be able to find the pets we want at a local retailer.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #30
ebkinz addict :)

Webkinzgurl16 is on a distinguished road

I hope your right. I was excited about the petal puppy, and then got worried when they said it was going to be limited. After the whole hippie hippo incident though, I have a feeling that even in the mad rush the first few weeks, you will be able to find some after the rush dies down. Atleast thats what I'm hoping!
Webkinzgurl16 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
jellydonut!