Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

destinyyyyyxo is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: How to make avatars and signatures? What program do I need? How can I upload

Hello,

I was thinking to open an avatar/signature shop in the future, but I do need some help..

1. What program do I use to create them. I need some examples? (For example, do I need photoshop, microsoft word, something on the internet? )

2. How can I get a good avatar/signature reputation? Should I advertize?

3. How do I upload them? I know there are some interactive avatars, like ones that move, how do I make them or upload them?

Please I need help ASAP!

Thank you so much!

-destinyyyyyxo
destinyyyyyxo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
Gift Guru

Delilah defies all odds
Delilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all oddsDelilah defies all odds

Default Re: How to make avatars and signatures? What program do I need? How can I upload

In the WIki, there are some guides, sites, and downloadable programs.
Graphics Guides - Webkinz Insider Wiki
You can use any program to make a graphic. But certain programs allow you to make animated ones.
You can't advertise your graphic making skills/shop outside of your signature, as it is against the rules.
To change your avatar, you just go to User CP > Edit Avatar, then paste a link into the link box or upload it from your computer.
If you want to post a graphic, you can go to a site like tinypic.com and upload it from your computer there. Oh but don't copy and past from a site that you can't upload graphics to. That is called hotlinking and it's against the rules and law.
Delilah is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
inter is here!

Sunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: How to make avatars and signatures? What program do I need? How can I upload

Hello!
Some programs you might want to try are Photoshop and Gimp. They are both common and are good for making your own things. And 2 websites to upload are Imageshack and Tinypic.
Hope this helps!
Sunnykinz101 is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Jigoku Shoujo
kinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonderkinzpost wows us all with wonder

The best program to use is probably photoshop. But photoshop costs money and some parents won't let kids spend money for something's like this, in that case you can always get a free graphic making website called gimp. It not as advanced and doesn't have as many features as photoshop but it's a great second pick.

You only really need to advertise a lot. After a while if your shops doing really well, won't need to advertise because it will travel by word if mouth (or posts in this instance)

For uploading, you can use photobucket, it either has unlimited storage or a lot of storage space.

If you har anymore questions, don't be afraid to vm or pm me
kinzpost is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
•// ❣ ѕoх ❣ //•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

I use photoshop.com. lunapic.com and picnik..com hoped i helped
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 07-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Everyone else pretty much covered everything, but here's a few links to get you on your way.

Programs
GIMP
Photoshop

Image Hosting
Imageshack
Tinypic
Photobucket

Fonts
Dafont

And here's a great guide if you choose GIMP, as I know that's tricky to use at first.
--[GIMP Tutorials*]--[new stock signature tutorial]
Closed