Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
ould You Believe I'm

Godsgirl129 is a splendid one to beholdGodsgirl129 is a splendid one to beholdGodsgirl129 is a splendid one to beholdGodsgirl129 is a splendid one to behold

Default Unanswered: How to get more buisness

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, basicly, I was wondering on how to get more people into the store where my family sells webkinz. Since they are not selling, my parents won't let us order any more from GANZ. What is a way to get them into the store and buying webkinz? We have already tried ads, and the largest Webkinz sign that GANZ sells. What do we do?
Godsgirl129 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
lateralus.
Gift Guru

glamglam is a WI addict!
glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!glamglam is a WI addict!

Default Re: How to get more buisness

Hm, it's hard to offer advice due to the fact that I don't know what store it is, what other type of things it sells, etc.
Maybe a FaceBook page for the store though? Or even it's own website!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Hmm...a promotion or something?
Like buy 2 webbies get 1 free.
I know my stores have this card where each webbies you buy, stamp on the card. when you buy 10, the 11th one is free.
Best of luck to you!
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

Yes, like mickey26 said, you should have a special deal or sale. A shop near me had buy one webkinz and get the other half off. You should also maybe keep the webkinz pets in the windows so children see them and point them out.
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
ould You Believe I'm

Godsgirl129 is a splendid one to beholdGodsgirl129 is a splendid one to beholdGodsgirl129 is a splendid one to beholdGodsgirl129 is a splendid one to behold

Those are great ideas, unfortunatly, we only have a few webkinz (we only ordered a few) And the store is so far from the road that it is hard to see what is in the window. The store sells candy and stuff like that, but we cannot do a website (someone else already owns the website.)
Godsgirl129 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
Gift Guru

karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest
karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest

If you can make sure you get the newest webkinz and If you can offer some other items like the lip gloss and things.
You know you can always buy from other stores really cheep. I seen in a store they were offering webkinz for $3.00 each then you can turn around and sell them for $6.00. Still making a profit and you can advertise a GREAT sale of some sort
Good Luck!!!
karenpd is offline Female
Old 02-26-2011, 07:36 AM   #7
I love cute
Webkinz :)

triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise
triplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguisetriplet 1 is Justin in disguise

You could ask family and friends to spread the word a little to their family and friends. Or maybe you could get a small ad in the newspaper or something. I really hope something works out for you guys.
triplet 1 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
I HAVE BIEBER FEVER!

Biebersmiles is on a distinguished road

Even if someone else already has your shop name for a website, you can still make a website. Say your is called xxx, your website could be called thexxx because a website is a good way to get people. Also if your store isn't by the road you could make a sign with a picture of your products and put it by the road. You can also advertise promotions and sales on that sign. Hope this helps!!
Biebersmiles is offline Female
Old 02-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
Try your best, your
Gifted

GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!

I think Mickey26 has a good idea about selling the webbies and get people (your friends and family) to spread the word about them. Good luck!
GSGO is offline Female
Old 02-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
Diabetes Awareness

FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!FBmom is not just visiting!

I can understand with the economy and people cutting back on "frivolus" spending that your parents are cautious about investing much money in an item that does not seem to be moving.

That said, I think advertising is a good idea. If you are "age appropriate" (that is, the target age for webkinz, not significantly older like me and many others who play) then you might work with your parents to create a flyer to havn out in school with some kind of promotion. On the signs at the road side, again, check with your parents, there may be ordinances that limit what signage they are allowed to put out, but within those limits a well designed sign that shows at a glance that you have webkinz may draw people in.

I would suggest talk with your parents, let them know you understand them not wanting to invest money on items that sit on the shelf needing dusting and talk about ways to get the word out and encourage people to come in and look at your webkinz and buy them. I don't know what else your store sells, but you can include trying to promote those items too in your suggestions. The better the store performs the easier it is to reinvest in it and try new things.

If you live in a rural area like I do, you can check to see if there are other retailers that carry webkinz. (other retailers do exist in city and suburban areas, so you simply need to find them) If so, make sure you are not priced much above them or there is some other good reason for customers to choose you over another retailer. The local pharmacy where I live carries webkinz along with Walmart. The local pharmacy is more reliable on finding them so I go there when I have the money to buy. Check how other stores promote webkinz and other toys to help get ideas for your own promotions. If you are the only local retailer, then you simply need to get the word out.

It sounds like you are passionate about webkinz, let your parents know that you would like to put that passion to work and make webkinz a fast seller and request their help on brainstorming for ideas. At the same time you can learn more of the inner workings of running a business that will stand you in good stead what ever you do in the future.

Good Luck!
FBmom is offline Female
Closed