Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Question Unanswered: How does one "roleplay" on WI?

Hi!

Roleplay threads seem to be a big thing here on WI... though I've read the rules for them, and even how to "roleplay", but I still do not understand it in the least.

I was wondering if some of you roleplayers could tell me what it's about, and how exactly one can "join in" a roleplay? Because it does seem fun, I just am not sure if you can jump in or not, or how exactly you do "jump in", and how to respond afterwards and oh, my head hurts.

(I'm using too many "quotation marks" in this post... )
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
Gift Guru

tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff
tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff

Default Re: How does one "roleplay" on WI?

Hey Bluski!

Well, Role Playing is like a giant story where everyone plays a character. You create a character [depending on which you join, you use a certain form.], and then you basically start playing out its movements, actions, ect. With a partner, and you go back and forth replying to each others posts. If you'd like to "join in" on a RP [Role Play] then you find one that seems interesting, read all of it, and fill out a form for your character. Sorry if this seems confusing... if you have any other questions, fell free to post on the Official Role Play Discussion Thread, located here.

Let me get a sample RP for you.
[This is a RP between me and Squeecky540.]

"Lets follow Akiak and Fyre's tracks! We'll go easily, though. I don't want to stalk them, I just think they must have chosen a route they knew was great." Jamie barked with an honest defense.

"Alright." Kobi sniffed out his parents' tracks, finding that they led deeper into the forest. "I guess we go this way..."

Jamie grinned, prancing up beside Kobi. "Alrrrrrighty!"

Kobi's heart was lifted at the sound and happiness of Jamie's voice. He grinned back at her, almost getting lost in her eyes. But he didn't. It was only a small small small small small small small to-the-power-of-3 crush.

Jamie's grinned mellowed into a smile as her tail dusted the blank air. Inside, she had Kobi's tiny feelings... but they were the secretest.

"I... guess we better get going. The sun isn't going to stay in the sky forever." he said with a playful sarcasm. He wagged his tail, licking Jamie's cheek clumsily.

Jamie giggled and returned the gesture, before putting her paws up to the sky. "I... I think I can hold it! Grah, let's go." She snickered, 'giving up'.
tigerwhiskers26 is offline Female
Old 05-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
Call me Lizzie.
Webkinz :)

petlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talentpetlover02 has lots of talent

it may seem complicating but it's pretty easy. like tigerwhiskers said, it's like making a giant story sharing it with someone else. you take turns going back and forth between paragraphs or sentences. these tips should help you.
so first you read through the RP thread to understand what it is and how to do it.
then you try to find the form that is something like this (taken from For Me To Know.)
NAME -
GENDER -
GRADE AND AGE -
PERSONALITY -
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION -
SECRET -

you just fill it out with the character's personality and name and such.
then you post it on the thread, say something like ((RP anyone?)) and wait for someone to say they will and discuss who's being who and who to start and have fun! here's an example of an RP between me and MyjesticS in For Me To Know.

Lizzy was walking through campus trying to find somewhere to sit. All she had on her plate was water and an apple.

Josephine and Oliver walked calmly down the street, have a chat with each other in french. Josephine laughed after Oliver told her a joke.

Lizzy was now getting used to her powers but still wasn't used to so many people. She sat down at an empty table and took a bite out of the apple. She got up and dumped her tray. She started for her dorm room.

they entered school and walked over to their lockers, Oliver still telling Josephine funny stories in french. since Josephine didn't understand English very well yet.

She passed by the two people talking. She recognized the language. She said in french, "You both speak french too?"

Josephine and Oliver turned over to a . Oliver nodded and Josephine said "oui. quel est ton nom?" Oliver sighed. "she wants to know your name." he said in a french accent

hope I helped. good luck!
petlover02 is offline Female
Old 05-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

I've always wanted to know that too, bluski-it does seem like fun! I am looking forward to reading the answers!
Closed