Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #11
ooo Hoooo! I'm a
Gift Guru

Moma Roe will become famous soon enough

Default Re: How do you modify a thread/edit a post without doing the automerge post thing?

Once you become a Gift Trainee, when you post, you see a "Modify" button down next to the "Quote" button. Once you are in "Modify", then you can click on "Go Advanced" and that allows you to edit the title of your post. You are allowed to modify your original Gift Exchange post. You of course have to add and delete items that you want or have available for exchange. But, no mater how d u m b your typos make you look in all of the additional posts, YOU MUST NOT MODIFY!! I spend a lot of time sitting on my hands so I don't click that little button!! LOL I have had my hand spanked for it before so I know!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #12
CherryKat
Webkinz :)

Crisella is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: How do you modify a thread/edit a post without doing the automerge post thing?

View Post Originally Posted by Moma Roe
Once you become a Gift Trainee, when you post, you see a "Modify" button down next to the "Quote" button. Once you are in "Modify", then you can click on "Go Advanced" and that allows you to edit the title of your post. You are allowed to modify your original Gift Exchange post. You of course have to add and delete items that you want or have available for exchange. But, no mater how d u m b your typos make you look in all of the additional posts, YOU MUST NOT MODIFY!! I spend a lot of time sitting on my hands so I don't click that little button!! LOL I have had my hand spanked for it before so I know!!

why shouldn't you modify typos? is it a rule?
Crisella is offline Female
Old 05-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #13
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by Crisella
Why shouldn't you modify typos? is it a rule?
You shouldn't need to modify typos in posts out here in the regular part of the forum. Just click on "Preview Post" to view how your post will look -- as many times as you want, before finally clicking on "Submit Post".

But, things are different in the Gift Exchange area. Trades are often taking place very quickly and there is not always time to do the "Preview Post" step.

Modifying a submitted post on your or someone else's Gift Exchange is frowned upon!! You might have tampered with the offer price or offered items. See why that is a bad idea?

I also believe that how well you type in the main forum area must have some bearing on whether you would be accepted to become "Gifted". If you have too many misspelled words or unclear posts, they will not want you in the trading area where that is so important in doing exchange deals.

BERT_X is offline Male
Old 05-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #14
CherryKat

View Post Originally Posted by BERT_X
You shouldn't need to modify typos in posts out here in the regular part of the forum. Just click on "Preview Post" to view how your post will look -- as many times as you want, before finally clicking on "Submit Post".

But, things are different in the Gift Exchange area. Trades are often taking place very quickly and there is not always time to do the "Preview Post" step.

Modifying a submitted post on your or someone else's Gift Exchange is frowned upon!! You might have tampered with the offer price or offered items. See why that is a bad idea?

I also believe that how well you type in the main forum area must have some bearing on whether you would be accepted to become "Gifted". If you have too many misspelled words or unclear posts, they will not want you in the trading area where that is so important in doing exchange deals.

I see. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:49 PM   #15
Airbear2

View Post Originally Posted by Crisella
Sorry, but this has been bugging me. Can you edit a post on a thread without doing the automerge thing, and can you edit things like the title of the thread? and if so, how?

thanks for all your help.

When you become gifted, you will be able to edit your posts! Until then, if you have some changes to make PM a mod/admin, who are usually happy to edit anything for you!

Airbear2
Old 05-12-2008, 06:51 PM   #16

loopylion132 is on a distinguished road

i dont get it i am kind of new so i dont get it
Old 05-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #17
Baltimore Colts

I dont no what u mean by doing a double post, it says it was edited but u cant chose how to edit it, but in order to edit u need to apply to become gifted (or go to the polls )
Old 05-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #18
CherryKat

View Post Originally Posted by loopylion132
i dont get it i am kind of new so i dont get it
I was just asking about changing your posts without having to post again to correct yourself. Let me see if I can explain it now that I know it.

You have to be a gifted member to change your posts, and you really aren't supposed to touch typos, because you have the chance to preview your post before you sumbit it and check for errors. The gifted members are the ones who have passed the gift trainee evaluation thingy, and are able to access the gift exchange (GE) where it might be important to modify what you want to trade so you don't have to keep making different threads about new trades.

I think I got it!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:07 AM   #19
barbiegirlrules is an unknown quantity at this point

how do you get those pictures to show up on your user name
I really want them please tell me
Old 05-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #20
CherryKat

Under the picture of the bee at the top, you will see 'user CP'. click that, and when a drop-down menu appears, click 'edit my avatar'. that will take you to a page where you can upload an avatar from your computer. then go into MS paint on your computer (start/all programs/accessories/paint) and make your avatar. it has to be small, though, to fit the little spot. then save your avatar in a folder, switch back to the other window, hit 'browse', find your avatar image, double ckick it, and click 'submit'
Closed