Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
SEE the THUNDER
Webkinz :)

Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!

Default Unanswered: how do you make house threads! ?

with out any hotlinks i hate to use them cause i pretty sure they are agasent the rules help please!
thanks guys!!
and thank you fo helping my on my last thread here!
Crashkittenjr is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Default Re: how do you make house threads! ?

Okay, so what you do, is I'm assuming you've made the thread already, correct? Once you've made the thread, all you need to do is upload the pictures, and make sure they're saved on your computer's harddrive. To do so, go to a website like tinypic.com or photobucket.com, or anyother website that hosts images. I prefer tinypic, because it's very user friendly, so I'll write a little guide on how to do so.

Make sure you're on the "Upload" tab of tinypic, and then there will be a text box with a button labeled "Browse", next to it. Click on browse, and then you'll come to a pop-up, showing the folders on your computer. Locate the webkinz pictures, click on them, and then select the "Open button on the poup. Once you have done that, the pop-up will close, and at the bottom of the page you're on, select the green "Upload Now" button. A new page will open, and then there will be many filled text boxes. Copy the code in the box that has "IMG code for Forums and Message Boards". Paste that code in your WI text box, and then once you save the post, your picture should come up. You have to do it one by one though, unless you have a tinypic account.

I know this isn't exactly the most crystal clear guide, but hopefully you figure it out. Good luck!

Last edited by twilightcrz; 07-02-2009 at 10:58 AM..
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 07-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
Abz
ay! I'm a ...

Abz is a jewel in the roughAbz is a jewel in the rough

One simple way is to use a site called Photobucket. Make an account, upload your house pics, and copy and paste the IMG CODE into the space for typing in on your house thread, on the House Thread section. Do some commentating etc.. and then click save or whatever it says at the bottom. When it loads, you will see all your pictures BIG on the screen, and your typing in-between them !

Hope I helped!

-Abz
Abz is offline Female
Old 07-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
SEE the THUNDER

Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by twilightcrz
Okay, so what you do, is I'm assuming you've made the thread already, correct? Once you've made the thread, all you need to do is upload the pictures, and make sure they're saved on your computer's harddrive. To do so, go to a website like tinypic.com or photobucket.com, or anyother website that hosts images. I prefer tinypic, because it's very user friendly, so I'll write a little guide on how to do so.

Make sure you're on the "Upload" tab of tinypic, and then there will be a text box with a button labeled "Browse", next to it. Click on browse, and then you'll come to a pop-up, showing the folders on your computer. Locate the webkinz pictures, click on them, and then select the "Open button on the poup. Once you have done that, the pop-up will close, and at the bottom of the page you're on, select the green "Upload Now" button. A new page will open, and then there will be many filled text boxes. Copy the code in the box that has "IMG code for Forums and Message Boards". Paste that code in your WI text box, and then once you save the post, your picture should come up.

I know this isn't exactly the most crystal clear guide, but hopefully you figure it out. Good luck!
ok i is it aggainst the rules to "hotlink" your pictures ?
Crashkittenjr is offline Female
Old 07-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Crashkittenjr
ok i is it aggainst the rules to "hotlink" your pictures ?
Yes, It is unfortunately. It can make WI crash, and the website where the picture was originally located.
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 07-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #6
T_T
I'm hungry for some

T_T is a glorious beacon of lightT_T is a glorious beacon of lightT_T is a glorious beacon of light

Its easy to take the pictures, and post them here.

-Press Print Screen/PrtSc
-Open MS Paint
-Edit>Paste
-Save
-Open Tinypic.com
-Upload the picture(s)
-Use the [IMG] Code and paste it into your post

There!
T_T is offline Male
Old 07-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
e're all

webkinz_<33 has a spectacular aura aboutwebkinz_<33 has a spectacular aura about

Okay.

So just go to the main forum. Then go to the section named"That's Sooo Posh!". Then click the Housez in Webkinz World.
When your there click New Thread, add a title, a hello and more things. Don't click "Submit" yet!
You still need to upload your house pictures!
To do that go Tinypic.com or the easiest possible way. Open it up in a new window or tab.
Now before you upload your pictures you need to take them!
Check out this guide for some screenshot help.
Okay so you took the screenshots of all your rooms now.
Go back to the Tinypic site and click "Upload". Now navigate to the section where you saved the file. Click "open" once you found the file name (eg: room1.png). Now click upload.

You will be directed to four codes.
Email/IM
IMG code for BBcode Forums (this is the one you need)
Direct Link
HTML Code.

Copy the IMG code and then paste it in the thread box.
Then add a little information about the room.

Continue until all your rooms are there with inormation.

Finished!

As for hotlinking I'm not sure what your talking about.
webkinz_<33 is offline Female
Old 07-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

I think some people are misunderstanding what "hotlinking" is.

If you host your pictures somewhere (photobucket, tinypic etc) , and they're YOUR pictures, and you link to them, that's ok. And it's allowed pretty much everywhere. Including here.

Hotlinking is when a picture is hosted somewhere else, like on another website, and those pictures do NOT belong to you, and you link to them. This can cause problems on that OTHER person's website and cause THAT one to crash because they don't realize that someone else has linked to their pictures.

But if they're YOUR pictures, that YOU'VE uploaded somewhere -even a different website- you can link to them. It's no problem. That's not considered "hotlinking."

FYI: When I use pictures in a post here, I upload them to one of my WI albums and link to those. That way everything is all in one place.

Good luck with your thread

Last edited by Cloud One; 07-02-2009 at 01:35 PM..
Old 07-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
UFTWTBNTIACCSH
Gift Guru

Sararoxmysox is not just visiting!Sararoxmysox is not just visiting!Sararoxmysox is not just visiting!Sararoxmysox is not just visiting!Sararoxmysox is not just visiting!Sararoxmysox is not just visiting!Sararoxmysox is not just visiting!Sararoxmysox is not just visiting!Sararoxmysox is not just visiting!Sararoxmysox is not just visiting!Sararoxmysox is not just visiting!

You make them the same way as any other thread, but you just post it in the Housez in Webkinz World forum. To get the pictures, you can use an image uploading site like Photobucket or Tinypic. Tinypic is free and requires no membership, but there is a chance your image will be deleted. On Photobucket, it is also free, but you need an account (which requires a lot of personal information, but I put in false stats ), however if you want to upload multiple pictures this is faster, and your pictures won't be deleted, so long as you don't delete them from your album.

Hope this helps! Can't wait to see your house.

~Sara
Sararoxmysox is offline Female
Old 07-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #10
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Before you make your house thread, go to the Housez in Webkinz World forum, and look at the six blue stickied threads at the top of that forum. Read them all carefully. You will find Guidlines (rules), a variety of useful instructions for making your thread, uploading the pictures, reserving the second & third post, etc.
Here is the link to that forum.
Housez in Webkinz World

Good luck!
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed