Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

Default Unanswered: How do you find the unanswered profile messages?

It says I have 10 unread profile messages but I can't seem to find which they are. Any ideas?

There is no way to find 'unread' messages.

The solution to the problem is browsing through all profile pages.

Read last post.

Last edited by EXOTERIC; 03-15-2009 at 03:17 PM..
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
e love cupcakes
Gift Guru

cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest
cocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contestcocoharry could win a popularity contest

Default Re: How do you find the unanswered profile messages?

I really don't know - I wish that I could help you since you've always been so helpful when I am stuck. I tried to look around and see if there were any settings that you could change on your profile, but I can't find any on mine. I don't have any unread ones, though, so maybe that is part of the problem?

Good luck - I hope that SOMEONE can help you to repay you for all of the help you give out!
cocoharry is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by cocoharry
I really don't know - I wish that I could help you since you've always been so helpful when I am stuck. I tried to look around and see if there were any settings that you could change on your profile, but I can't find any on mine. I don't have any unread ones, though, so maybe that is part of the problem?

Good luck - I hope that SOMEONE can help you to repay you for all of the help you give out!
Thanks cocoharry - I rarely have technical difficulties but this one has evaded me and I've finally been brave enough to ask lol. I like to figure things out on my own. I hope someone knows too!!
Old 03-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I think that happened to me before. Try logging in and out. If that doesn't work, then just go to your most recent profile pages.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
So glad I'm
Gifted

muzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond repute

what you do is you go into your profile and if you want to reply back you click on the persons username where it will take you to the other persons profile and leave a message there.
I don't know if that's the question you were asking...it is kind of confusing

oh wait if you have 70 pages just go back through them and read all of them and it might work
and are you sure it's profile messages not PM's because I have seen people get those mixed up before
muzicfreak is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

Go to the bottom under DISPLAY OPTION and set READ to say UNREAD MESSAGES.

Change the dates for the filtering and then click FILTER. That should bring your unread to the top.

Last edited by Azriel; 03-15-2009 at 01:30 PM..
Azriel is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
Halloween(:
Gifted

webkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective sockswebkinz005 rocks our collective socks

Go through your last profile pages and the unread ones are probably there. But you said you don't want it flashing and profile messages do not flash on Pm's do so maybe you got mixed up?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #8
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Azriel

Change the dates for the filtering and then click FILTER. That should bring your unread to the top.
Ooops, I thought you meant Private Messages... but you MUST mean PMs because profile messages don't blink... at least mine don't. Mine just says I have profile messages but once I click on my profile, they reset to all being read. It's the Private Messages that continue to blink because you have to click on them to open them up individually and be read.

Last edited by Azriel; 03-15-2009 at 01:33 PM..
Azriel is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero

Thanks everyone who's posted. This problem still isn't resolved.

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I think that happened to me before. Try logging in and out. If that doesn't work, then just go to your most recent profile pages.
Logging in and out doesn't help. And, I've replied to the most recent - the 9 messages are somewhere in the 50 pages. And, I can't tell which they are...there's nothing to indicate them to be unanswered.

View Post Originally Posted by muzicfreak
what you do is you go into your profile and if you want to reply back you click on the persons username where it will take you to the other persons profile and leave a message there.
I don't know if that's the question you were asking...it is kind of confusing

oh wait if you have 70 pages just go back through them and read all of them and it might work
and are you sure it's profile messages not PM's because I have seen people get those mixed up before
It wasn't the question I was asking. And, I really want to avoid going back through 70 pages...it's too time consuming. And, there's nothing that shows which are the ones that were unanswered. I was hoping there was a faster way to find the unread messages.

I can't find filter...is this in private or profile messages?

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz005
Go through your last profile pages and the unread ones are probably there. But you said you don't want it flashing and profile messages do not flash on Pm's do so maybe you got mixed up?
I've gone back 3 pages...they weren't there. And, you're right, I had just answered my PM and got another so it did start to flash. The flashing part isn't what bothers me. What bothers me is that there are always unanswered profile messages in that same indicator. I'd like to remove that from the pop up box.

Ooops, I thought you meant Private Messages... but you MUST mean PMs because profile messages don't blink... at least mine don't. Mine just says I have profile messages but once I click on my profile, they reset to all being read. It's the Private Messages that continue to blink because you have to click on them to open them up individually and be read.
Yes...profile. I've been visiting it on a daily basis so I don't understand why it stays on the indicator. I know I haven't replied to all the message perhaps...would that cause them to stay as unread? I didn't think so. See, this is quite the mystery to me.

I'll post what I see in a minute...

This is what I always see...in the indicator box.

Click the image to open in full size.

This is what my profile looks like to me...I don't see any other menus than the ones on the drop down at the very bottom. I've tried everything ...this is frustrating to me (I've erased messages)

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
Rainribbon
Gifted

Rainribbon has a spectacular aura aboutRainribbon has a spectacular aura about

I seem to have the same problem with friend requests - they sometimes display and don't go away even after I have accepted the person to my friends list. I have had to reselect "accept" several times before to get the new friend request indicator to go away. However, I don't have that many visitor profile messages, so I'm not sure what to recommend there other than to contact a mod.
Rainribbon is offline Female
Closed