Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
The companion
Gifted

Rriel is the cats pajamas!Rriel is the cats pajamas!Rriel is the cats pajamas!Rriel is the cats pajamas!Rriel is the cats pajamas!Rriel is the cats pajamas!

Default Unanswered: How do I save an image so that I'm able to upload it as my avatar?

Hello all!

I drew myself an avatar on a computer program. A friend here on WI added text and effects to it for me. I saved the new image to my computer, but for some reason, I can't get it to upload directly from the computer. Insider says it's a GIF, but my computer says it's a JPEG.

What do I do?
Rriel is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

Default Re: How do I save an image so that I'm able to upload it as my avatar?

Try uploading the picture to a photo-editting website and re-saving it as a Jpeg.
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 04-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
ishin I was a gifted
Webkinz :)

eeclipse will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I try to save all my images as .PNG, because their quality is best when it comes to uploaded to webpages. But if it has animation, it should be saved as a .GIF
Hope this helps
eeclipse is offline Female
Old 04-08-2010, 08:02 AM   #4
The companion
Gifted

Rriel is the cats pajamas!Rriel is the cats pajamas!Rriel is the cats pajamas!Rriel is the cats pajamas!Rriel is the cats pajamas!Rriel is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by lilhorselover
Try uploading the picture to a photo-editting website and re-saving it as a Jpeg.
I can't use the photo-editing sites. Thanks anyway LHL.
View Post Originally Posted by eeclipse
I try to save all my images as .PNG, because their quality is best when it comes to uploaded to webpages. But if it has animation, it should be saved as a .GIF
Hope this helps
It automatically saves as a Jpeg, and I don't know how to fix it.
Rriel is offline Female
Old 04-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Webkinz :)

Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade
Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade

Well what i do is i go to lunapic.com then i upload the image. Then i scroll over to 'File' then click save image. Then it shows you if u want to save it as a JPG or GIF. That's just the way i do it. Then u just upload it.
Aikou is offline Female
Old 04-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Autumn <3
Gifted

britluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonderbritluvswebkinz wows us all with wonder

I save all of my images as PNG, and it seems to work.
britluvswebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
The companion
Gifted

I'll have to try the PNG. I can't use Lunapic or any other editing/hosting sites.
Rriel is offline Female
Old 04-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
Light w/Rainbows
Gifted

karkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicness
karkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicnesskarkar99 is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

I hope saving as a PNG does the trick. Otherwise, there is always some to help me saying to clear my cache and reboot to see if it fixes the problem. If you can, download Photoshop x3 for the 30 day trial and resize it to the size that WI says it should be. I hope this helps some if your problem isn't already fixed.
karkar99 is offline Female
Closed