Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
Webkinz :)
 
PugsRock's Avatar
PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

This is not a feature yet, bt Justin might be able to make it into one. You should suggest it to him.

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #12
shelyn72
Gifted
 
shell4's Avatar
shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

View Post Originally Posted by Rejewal
We discussed this at length the other day on another thread, and I totally agree with you the rating system is very unfair, and I think that if someone had to claim ownership to the rating that they gave a person then this wouldn't be an issue any longer. We had some people be honest enough in their responses that sometimes they rate a thread lower purely out of jealousy and spite, terrible thing to do indeed but it does happen. I am sorry someone would rate your ge less than perfect just for turning down a trade, but know this your ge will go back up to a 5 star I am sure some nice people will come along and lend you a hand
I'd have to disagree. I think knowing who gave you the poor rating would only create more problems. Yes, sometimes someone will give a thread a bad rating just to be spiteful, but there would be a whole lot more of it going on if people could see who rated their thread badly. Right now if I rate a person's thread a 1 out of spite they have no way of knowing it was me and it ends there. If rating was not anonymous then that person very likely would in return for me rating their thread poorly, go to one of my threads and rate it poorly and then maybe I would do it back, and then they'd do it again and instead of one instance of an unfair poor rating there would be 4 unfair ratings.

Or people would only give good ratings regardless of what they thought of the thread just so other people wouldn't get mad at them. That would make the rating system even less fair and definitely not an accurate rating of the thread.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #13
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru
 
RedBear's Avatar
RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

Default Re: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

View Post Originally Posted by shell4
((snipped))Right now if I rate a person's thread a 1 out of spite they have no way of knowing it was me and it ends there.


it doesn't end there! that's completely incorrect. just bc you get some satisfaction being spiteful doesn't mean that its the end. unless you are doing it randomnly, the person very well could realize that its you.

plus, there are a lot of sensitive people and/or children on this site. just know that when you rate a thread spitefully, their hurt feelings won't just end bc you got satisfaction.

Last edited by RedBear; 04-04-2009 at 12:36 PM..
RedBear is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru
 
Dogluver620's Avatar
Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

Wow... I can't believe someone did that to you also.

The same exact thing happened to me. There's absolutely no reason at all to have your thread rated down if you don't accept a trade. The GE isn't all about accepting trades. It's impossible not to have declined an offer ever in the GE because sometimes trades just don't work out.

I would love rating to be disabled as well.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #15
shelyn72
Gifted
 
shell4's Avatar
shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

View Post Originally Posted by RedBear


it doesn't end there! that's completely incorrect. just bc you get some satisfaction being spiteful doesn't mean that its the end. unless you are doing it randomnly, the person very well could realize that its you.

plus, there are a lot of sensitive people and/or children on this site. just know that when you rate a thread spitefully, their hurt feelings won't just end bc you got satisfaction.

I think you're misunderstanding. I don't rate threads to be spiteful in fact I rarely rate threads at all. The post that I replied to said that we should be able to see who gave us a bad rating on a thread. When I said about rating a thread to be spiteful I was just using examples and making the argument that if people knew who gave them a bad rating alot of them would give that person a bad rating in return. If it remains anonymous then in most cases you won't know who gave you a bad rating which eliminates retaliation.


Again, I was just using examples not saying that I actually did it.
shell4 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #16
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru
 
RedBear's Avatar
RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

Default Re: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

View Post Originally Posted by shell4
I think you're misunderstanding. I don't rate threads to be spiteful in fact I rarely rate threads at all. The post that I replied to said that we should be able to see who gave us a bad rating on a thread. When I said about rating a thread to be spiteful I was just using examples and making the argument that if people knew who gave them a bad rating alot of them would give that person a bad rating in return. If it remains anonymous then in most cases you won't know who gave you a bad rating which eliminates retaliation.


Again, I was just using examples not saying that I actually did it.
LOL,that's a relief! yes, i thought you just admitted that you go around regularly being spiteful and rating threads. thanks for clearing that up. please accept my apologies for misunderstanding.

however, it will still apply to those who DO that. unless its completely random, it is possible to figure it out. say you refuse a trade, have done nothing else on the thread in a while and then you get a bad rating. you can be pretty confident that it came from that person. people shouldn't be rating poorly just bc you didnt want their item...
RedBear is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #17
Dorothy is a
Gift Guru
 
jkb1957's Avatar
jkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant future

Donation Award 
Default Re: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

View Post Originally Posted by shell4
I think you're misunderstanding. I don't rate threads to be spiteful in fact I rarely rate threads at all. The post that I replied to said that we should be able to see who gave us a bad rating on a thread. When I said about rating a thread to be spiteful I was just using examples and making the argument that if people knew who gave them a bad rating alot of them would give that person a bad rating in return. If it remains anonymous then in most cases you won't know who gave you a bad rating which eliminates retaliation.


Again, I was just using examples not saying that I actually did it.
I understand your point, somewhat. I just don't think that someone who is leaving an inaccurate, damaging rating, should be allowed to do so without some sort of ownership. It's unfair to those of us who play by the rules.
jkb1957 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
shelyn72
Gifted
 
shell4's Avatar
shell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of lightshell4 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

View Post Originally Posted by RedBear
LOL,that's a relief! yes, i thought you just admitted that you go around regularly being spiteful and rating threads. thanks for clearing that up. please accept my apologies for misunderstanding.

however, it will still apply to those who DO that. unless its completely random, it is possible to figure it out. say you refuse a trade, have done nothing else on the thread in a while and then you get a bad rating. you can be pretty confident that it came from that person. people shouldn't be rating poorly just bc you didnt want their item...
I'm glad you no longer think I'm a horrible person. And I do understand that when it comes to the GE it can be easy to figure out. In fact, if there were a way to only see who rated your thread badly on the GE and not the rest of the board, I would agree with those of you who want to know who did it. But unfortunately there are alot of young and immature individuals and already alot of fighting that happens on the board. Letting people see who rated your thread badly would lead to even more arguing and bad ratings being passed back and forth and then the threads and PMs to mods complaining "because that person rated me bad just because they don't like me" would start and it would be one huge mess. Yes it's a problem right now, but it's a contained problem.

View Post Originally Posted by jkb1957
I understand your point, somewhat. I just don't think that someone who is leaving an inaccurate, damaging rating, should be allowed to do so without some sort of ownership. It's unfair to those of us who play by the rules.

I agree it's not fair that they can do it, but I think it would be one huge mess if everyone could see who rated their thread badly. Too much fighting and arguing already goes on here. Unfortunately this is largely a child's board and children for the most part children react in anger and hurt if someone does something they don't like. Their reaction will not be the same as an adult's. Some will take it okay, but most will get angry and hurt and react by finding a thread by that person and giving it a bad rating to get even. And if we're lucky it would end there, but more than likely they would also post a message asking why the other person did it or telling the other person to quit being mean to them and then the arguing starts.

A better option would be to remove the rating system in the GE. It's really not needed there anyway. If you really want to see what kind of trader the person is you can click on their gift number and read the feedback that other traders have left them.

Last edited by shell4; 04-04-2009 at 05:54 PM..
shell4 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #19
Dorothy is a
Gift Guru
 
jkb1957's Avatar
jkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant future

Donation Award 
Default Re: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

View Post Originally Posted by shell4
I'm glad you no longer think I'm a horrible person. And I do understand that when it comes to the GE it can be easy to figure out. In fact, if there were a way to only see who rated your thread badly on the GE and not the rest of the board, I would agree with those of you who want to know who did it. But unfortunately there are alot of young and immature individuals and already alot of fighting that happens on the board. Letting people see who rated your thread badly would lead to even more arguing and bad ratings being passed back and forth and then the threads and PMs to mods complaining "because that person rated me bad just because they don't like me" would start and it would be one huge mess. Yes it's a problem right now, but it's a contained problem.




I agree it's not fair that they can do it, but I think it would be one huge mess if everyone could see who rated their thread badly. Too much fighting and arguing already goes on here. Unfortunately this is largely a child's board and children for the most part children react in anger and hurt if someone does something they don't like. Their reaction will not be the same as an adult's. Some will take it okay, but most will get angry and hurt and react by finding a thread by that person and giving it a bad rating to get even. And if we're lucky it would end there, but more than likely they would also post a message asking why the other person did it or telling the other person to quit being mean to them and then the arguing starts.

A better option would be to remove the rating system in the GE. It's really not needed there anyway. If you really want to see what kind of trader the person is you can click on their gift number and read the feedback that other traders have left them.
I agree; I don't think that the thread rating is achieving it's purpose. I think it probably does more harm than good. Do you really think this is mainly a child's board? I'm not so sure about that....???
jkb1957 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #20
Webkinz :)
 
Dudeness's Avatar
Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

Default Re: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

I Don't think you can. Sorry
Dudeness is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts