Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
Dorothy is a
Gift Guru

jkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant future

Donation Award 
Default Unanswered: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

If someone could please let me know how/if I can get rid of the stars that rate a ge, I sure would appreciate it. My rating has changed from yesterday to today, from 5 stars to 4, probably because I have declined to trade. My ge is still a 5 star in my opinion..because I declined a trade is no reason to give a bad rating. Thanks...jkb
jkb1957 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: How do I get rid of the rating stars?

I'm not sure if there is a way to disable the stars for rating, but you may want to ask a moderator or admin.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Like Ave said, I don't think we can disable rating stars ..... that'd be a good feature to WI though.
Don't worry about it, ratings are just stars. Do they really define the "status" of your GE?
But I'm sure that your rating will go up very soon ....
♥♥♥ Catherine
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

Sorry, not an option at this time. Can you see who rated your GE what? I didn't think we could tell, so I wonder why you think it was because you turned down a trade.
mathmom2 is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Sorry, but you can't...

It would be a very cool feature for WI to add, though
Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
uvs the weim
Webkinz :)

SOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonder

Not a feature yet, you could suggest it though
SOSO910 is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #7
ho's your daddy
Webkinz :)

daddywebkinz is a name known to alldaddywebkinz is a name known to alldaddywebkinz is a name known to all

Donation Award 

At least not an active feature...might be something Justin could enable!! Not Sure!!
daddywebkinz is offline Male
Old 04-04-2009, 01:19 AM   #8
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

Can't do a thing. What would be better is for the stars to be based on MEDIAN, instead of average. We were just discussing this on a different thread. This is what I said:

View Post Originally Posted by RedBear
i have wondered that myself. i did make a comment to a mod -- many moons ago -- that WI should consider changing the star ratings from AVERAGE to median or mode. MODE would weigh more heavily on what the large % of people really feel and would eliminate the spiteful ones. MEDIAN, however, would probably be a better representation bc sometimes a thread is given a 1 or 2 bc the person really doesn't like the thread. (For instance, some people hate discussions about hating ganz. So, they may rate the thread a 1 or 2. I would never do that but am sure that others would.)

it seems a wee bit unjust that ONE person can come along and drop a thread's rating by one star and keep it that way for the next 10 ratings or so. i did the math for the mod when i sent my comment but i no longer have the PM. look at FIA's kinzstyle pic thread. what, possibly, could be wrong with that? last i checked, it was a 4. i tried to get it back to five-star but that ONE person was keeping it a 4-star until another four to six people rated it a 5-star. that's messed up.

===========================================
NEW POST WILL AUTOMERGE WITH ABOVE
===========================================

yep, its still a 4-star. its got 28 votes with a 4.36 avg. (that's a lot more votes than it had when i last checked so the math is different but the end result is, sadly, the same.)

click here-->FIA's Kinzstyle Thread, with lots of pics!<--click here

in mathematical terms....

23 people think it should be a 5-star
5 people decided to give it less than a 5-star (WHY???)

FIA's thread's rating does not give a true representation of the community's feelings. Who wins? The spiteful. Using median would prevent that and would be a true representation as the outliers would become, statistically, irrelevant. (say the community really felt that a thread deserves a 3-star, then the outlying five-stars and/or one-stars would become statistically irrelvant when using median.)

in order for FIA's useful thread to represent the community's true feelings, its going to take at least another 5 people to give it a five-star. that could take weeks or even months!

(btw... of the 5 people, at least one of them gave it a 2,3, or 4. if it was 23 five-stars and 5 one-stars, it would only be 4.29. if it was 24 five-stars and 4 one-stars, it would be 4.43.)
RedBear is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 02:31 AM   #9
Dorothy is a
Gift Guru

jkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant futurejkb1957 has a brilliant future

Donation Award 

Thanks to all that posted; once again the vast majority of WI members have shown kindness & have been helpful. The rating system in theory is good; but, in the hands of spiteful people, can become dangerous. I think that if you had to "own" your rating, by leaving your WI id and a comment as to why you're leaving 1 star (or 5 for that matter), the system might become more accurate. Cowards usually like to remain anonymous, imo. Again, many thanks. jkb
jkb1957 is offline Female
Old 04-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by jkb1957
Thanks to all that posted; once again the vast majority of WI members have shown kindness & have been helpful. The rating system in theory is good; but, in the hands of spiteful people, can become dangerous. I think that if you had to "own" your rating, by leaving your WI id and a comment as to why you're leaving 1 star (or 5 for that matter), the system might become more accurate. Cowards usually like to remain anonymous, imo. Again, many thanks. jkb
We discussed this at length the other day on another thread, and I totally agree with you the rating system is very unfair, and I think that if someone had to claim ownership to the rating that they gave a person then this wouldn't be an issue any longer. We had some people be honest enough in their responses that sometimes they rate a thread lower purely out of jealousy and spite, terrible thing to do indeed but it does happen. I am sorry someone would rate your ge less than perfect just for turning down a trade, but know this your ge will go back up to a 5 star I am sure some nice people will come along and lend you a hand

Last edited by Rejewal; 04-04-2009 at 12:01 PM..
Rejewal is offline Female
Closed