Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
Lil Kinz
moviemom44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: How do I get past the white screen of doom?

I have been getting the "white screen of doom" when trying to log in to WW for at least a month. Each time I try to get in the following appears at the top of the screen --

http://66.48.69.102/loader4.php?go=l...ser&aol=0&fs=1

I think the number series is the WW address, but I don't know if there is a clue in the rest of this gobbledy**** as to what is jamming me up. Anyone got any ideas?

I use Internet Explorer to get online -- not AOL . I've cleared the cache and the cookies (what a pain that is to try to get all those passwords back after they disappear) and I've loaded and reloaded Flash Player so many times it's ridiculous. I also tried a suggestion from another WI forum poster to hold down the Control key and hit F5. Thought that was gonna work for a second, but then the white screen returned with the ever-present, always-maddening "Done" at the bottom and the aforementioned string at the top.

It would be great if there were a phone number in the Help section of WW so that I could have someone talk me through a fix for this. Has anyone had success with the existing instructions in the WW Help section? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #2
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 
Default Re: How do I get past the white screen of doom?

Sorry I can only help with a phone # 1-866-932-5469
kayembee is offline Female
Old 01-05-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
Squeakinz

The number after the "http://" is the IP address for the site. All sites have these, but generally use a text-based, more user friendly alternative. This particular IP activates a loading script for the webkinz login screen. The "loader4.php" is the script used in this activation. The ? is a standard symbol used in PHP scripting to denote commands to follow. The "go=loadReturnUser&aol=0&fs=1" is the command to be executed - ultimately to authenticate the username and password and return a true/false value (in this case 0/1) to indicate a valid or invalid username/password combination.

My apologies if my techno-babble has confused anyone further.

Anyway, back to the problem at hand:

Are you using a dial-up connection? My ex-husband has had this problem with our daughters' accounts during their weekend visitations. He has a brand new system, so I know that it not the issue and all his software is up-to-date. So the only thing to which I can attribute the problem is perhaps his dial-up connection is too slow to run the site.

---------- Squeakinz added 4 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

heh.... look at me trying to look all smart... I hope I got that address explanation correct... if I am dead wrong, PLEASE correct me! I'd hate to go around looking like an ***** forever!

---------- Squeakinz added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

That wasn't a "bad" word, by the way... just not the nicest thing to call myself

Last edited by Squeakinz; 01-05-2008 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
Gifted

thecowgurl will become famous soon enough

The only other suggestions I have are:

Verify you are using the most recent version of Internet Explorer.

Go to Windows Updates http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ to make sure you have the most recent updates. A lot of people skip this because of new computers but there will be several updates that were not included in the software, guaranteed.

If all that fails, you might try the Firefox browser. I use IE, but have read comments that Firefox works well with WW. The settings are probably different than IE which is ultimately the reason why it is perceived as better for WW. There are soooo many settings it would be hard to go through them all.

I'm not using dial up, but that could make a big difference as Squeakinz said.

Good luck to you.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
horsychick
Webkinz :)

horsiechick is on a distinguished road

Contact ganz IMMEDIATELY! They will help you. They even said accounts that have been having problems with glitches need to contact them!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #6
Webkinz :)
jlkoala is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried waiting to see if it will load? I mean waiting for 3 or 4 minutes?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #7
betonit101
Gifted

betonit101 is on a distinguished road

sometimes when a new newspaper comes out it takes a while dont x out immedietly
Closed