Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
ebkinzgirl12
Webkinz :)

webkinzgirl12 is a jewel in the roughwebkinzgirl12 is a jewel in the rough

Default Unanswered: How do I contact Ganz about Webkinz Newz?

I saw a very inappropriate ad on Webkinz Newz, and want to ask them to remove it from their KIDS site. It was about tattoos, and when I clicked on it to get the link, it had an almost naked woman with tattoos everywhere. Extremely inappropriate for young kids. I have the Wiki page on how to contact Ganz up, but I'm not sure which to email... I'd call, but I'm under 18 years old. Is there any certain link concerning the Webkinz Newz site itself, or would I use the email regarding Webkinz World? I know the eStore one won't be helpful, since it has nothing to do with the eStore.

Thanks!
webkinzgirl12 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #2

WebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comrade
WebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comrade

WI Subscriber
Default Re: How do I contact Ganz about Webkinz Newz?

Try this one...I found it on the WKN site, under Terms of Use:

This website (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Ganz, an Ontario partnership, which is located at One Pearce Road, Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada L4L 3T2. If you have any questions relating to the Website, they can be sent to the attention of our Customer Service Representative at this address, or by email at ganzworldsupport@ganz.com.
WebkinzMomma2 is offline Female
Old 05-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Try your best, your
Gifted

GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!GSGO is not just visiting!

Hi! Yeah, some ads that they have..well it is sad since kids would probably go there, so I know what you mean. Well if I were you I'd get an adult because the two email addresses don't deal with Webkinz Newz. I would end up using the telephone number that is for the support or email address for the support because the other one is for eStore and Webkinz World questions only. And if you had a screenshot of it you might let them know you have it so if they see it they can notify the people who do their ads.
GSGO is offline Female
Old 05-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #4

WebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comrade
WebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comradeWebkinzMomma2 is a saintly comrade

WI Subscriber

Also info from the WKN site...this time from their Ad Policy...they may need a reminder of their own policies:

Ganz is committed to being highly responsible in our approach to advertising and the advertisers we allow on this and other Ganz Websites (collectively and individually, the “Website”). Although Ganz may adapt the Ad Policy from time to time, our current approach to advertising may be summed up as follows:
  • Advertisers must represent quality, family-friendly products and services;
  • Prizes that can be won from advertising initiatives will not be branded within the Website;
  • We offer active Webkinz World users an easy-to-activate option of not viewing third party ads.
WebkinzMomma2 is offline Female
Old 05-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
jms40
Gift Guru

jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!
jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!jms40 is a def. WINNER!

Did anyone succeed in reporting this ad? I saw it multiple times yesterday. I just called this morning and they need a screen shot of the ad to do anything about it. Does anyone have a screen shot?
jms40 is offline Female
Old 05-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
ccgramma is just really niceccgramma is just really nice

I was kicked out and forbidden to use Webkinz Newz forum under strange circumstances. I received the following message: "You are banned from this forum until 6666666666 months from now. The person who banned you said the reason was: potential real name."
I am a responsible adult and did not give a real name, just a combination of initials and part of last name. Apparently someone acts and judge and jury and I have no recourse to get this corrected. The message just doesn't make sense. "6666666666 months from now????????"
I have tried to get an explanation and appeal this unfair decision. No luck!
Has this happened to anyone else? I can enter and use other parts of Webkinz Newz, just not the Forum. I guess this is not the end of the world, but just extremely unfair.
ccgramma is offline Female
Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
ebkinzgirl12

webkinzgirl12 is a jewel in the roughwebkinzgirl12 is a jewel in the rough

Well, I did figure out how to email Webkinz Newz, like two seconds after submitting this post. *smacks face in shame*

I sent them basically what I had posted in my original post, and this was their response:

"Thank you for your question. You seem to be having an issue with the ads on our Website.

Please note that while there are third party ads on Webkinz Newz, they are constantly monitored for appropriate content before they are released on our site. If you find that you are viewing any ads that are ****** or violent in nature, it is most likely an issue with malware on your home computer and not Webkinz Newz. This problem can only be addressed by installing and running ad-ware and spy-ware protection programs.

We apologize for any inconvenience and urge you to scan your computer for any viruses or malware in order to help solve any issues you are currently experiencing. If you have any additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call our consumer support line at 1-866-932-5469, Monday-Friday between the hours of 9am and 6pm EST. "

However, if you guys are seeing the same ad, it's not a malware issue...
webkinzgirl12 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
aurora will find you, i ate wolves pants