Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
Favorite wackyauntie
Gifted

AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness
AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: how could this really happen?

Hi Basmat,
For anyone who wants to look at the first notice, here is the link to the front page announcement by Justin on September 1.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-early-550910/

Justin is very good at running WI. He wrote "we can't confirm or deny at this point if the Baseball theme will be the one that Ganz chooses to retire from their mystery announcement of retirement from last week". Everyone wanted to know the answer. On September 2, Dixiecup posted that the space theme was retired. Here it is.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...-wheel-551248/

Personally, I think the problem lies with Ganz. If they had told the members which theme was retiring, this would have been avoided. However, that would result in no "speculation buys" and maybe less kinzcash spent. Last year Ganz notified us that the cat theme was retiring. All who wanted to buy some pieces were able to do so. This makes for additional sales and good customer goodwill.

The Webkinz system is run on many servers. When changes are done it is sometimes installed one server at a time. That is why some servers have the working Wacky Bingoz game and others have a variety of different programming errors. Possibly there was one server that had the baseball theme removed in error. Then it was re-added and the space theme was removed. That's the best I can do for an explanation. Is there someone else that has a better one?

AuntietoEW
AuntietoEW is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #12
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Thank you Me2me2. I have seen them try to throw us off track, too. It WAS missing for a lot of people and that was the day that the theme was to GO missing. It was a foregone conclusion that this MAY possibly be the theme that would be leaving.
If you read the thread that Justin created about this we HAD received a number of reports that this theme was missing from people's accounts and that it MIGHT POSSIBLY be the theme that would be retired.
He never at ANY point in time stated that it was the theme retired, only a possibility.
That being said, have you noticed how many people STILL have access to the Space theme??
We do our best to bring up to date information and there have been times we are wrong, YES, but we are not infallible.
In answer to the question about an entire theme disappearing?
Server issues, just as the ones we are having right now that allow some people to take advantage of the fact that they do still have the retired theme in their accounts.
It happens, it is probably more of a server issue and a clear cache issue than anything else.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 09-03-2009 at 11:47 AM..
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 09-03-2009, 05:49 PM   #13
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

Well,the space theme got retired so that's opdd.
They most likley didn't clear there cache or it's a glitch.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #14
Banned
chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!

i never saw it out of the Wshop probably just a glitch
chipmunk2 is offline Male
Old 09-04-2009, 02:21 AM   #15
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

thank you everyone................ your explanations are very plausable. i hate how all of our accounts are so different and many weird things go on.......... that was what i was curious about. the only thing i wish, is that ganz had more manners and would tell us which of two themes were going, then many would not have to scramble and we could all stock up on the themes if we liked them. i understand that many like that aspect of the game, but many of us dont. i know the front page article was speculative on wis part, it is just htat i didnt think there was enough proof to even have the speculation, if that makes sense.............. like i said, my motivation was feeling bad for everyone who scrambled and spent kc they didnt have.

all i can say to this one is shame on ganz for lack of manners .............. it was stinky to do this to the customer.
BASMAT is offline Female
Closed