Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
i wish i was a
Webkinz :)

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

Angry Unanswered: how could this really happen?

HOW MANY people really reported having the baseball theme missing from their wshop ? or was it one member and then the news spread? and then many people went out and got the whole theme or traded for it................ im struggling with why a theme would 'go missing' on any account, its rather strange to believe. anyone have any explanations? besides "made you look"????????? how could that happen, you tecchie types................. please help me understand and get these suspicious thoughts out of my head............................................ dont anyone get mad at me but i just dont understand.............. and i want to be able to trust what i read on wi and what members post................ so please help me out........................... explain to me how a whole theme could vanish on certain accounts.
BASMAT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #2
Gift Guru

katrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 
Default Re: how could this really happen?

I'm sure it's a programming error that will be fixed. This has happened before, from time to time, that items have been deleted in error and then restored. Wasn't a whole theme--but it may be a similar "switch off" for a whole theme to one item. Remember when the allium flowers disappeared from the W shop? Was an error; they came back.

I don't think Ganz would retire two themes when they said they would only retire one.

All the errors are upsetting, I know, but if you stop and think about it, we really do get an awesome website in WW, and it's improved and expanded so much in the past year, especially. Try to be patient.

Ganz, I'm sure, does not deliberately do things to upset their customers. That is not helpful to any business.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:57 AM   #3
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

thank youfor replying. but i meant that the front page reported that the baseball theme was missing from accounts and i also was involved in a thread that said the baseball theme was retired because it was missing from that one persons account. and turns out that it was not the baseball theme but the space theme. and many people went and got a mess of stuff from the baseball theme and wasted their kc (not me)thinking it was true. maybe it was , maybe it was really gone but im wanting to know how that could happen and how it could end up on the front page of wi.................... it was not one item or two, it was being reported as the whole theme was gone in 'some member accounts"........................
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 09-03-2009, 04:03 AM   #4
Gift Guru

katrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

I think you can believe what is on the front page of WI always, as the staff is involved with that. What you read on the threads is other WIers opinions. And someone evidently made an incorrect assumption that it was the baseball theme that was retired because it disappeared from their account. But, WW is reporting on the home page that it is the space theme that retired. So that you can believe. Someone was just trying to be helpful and made a bad assumption. Understandable. Not malicious. Too bad you were mislead by it and took action you know regret.

You know, when you accept advice and take it, you make it your own. Old saying. Meant to caution us to be careful when using the advice of others. Sometimes it's fine; sometimes it isn't. You are in the driver's seat on accepting advice. I'm sure you'll be more cautious from here out and will look for corroboration. You know, news reporters have to have corroboration before they will report a story. Once source isn't enough.

Hope you get over being so upset soon. My bet is the baseball theme will be the next to retire!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:30 AM   #5
i wish i was a

but you didnt read my whole post. i didnt get any baseball items. because of just what yousaid. and it was on the front page of not .............. about the theme being reported missing from some members accounts.............. all i am trying to figure out is how themes can disappear like that. i am jsut saying that i find it odd. and id like some techy person to explain how it can happen. thats all im saying ................... i didnt buy a thing. i checked in my own account and all of them had the baseball theme so i was confused. then when i saw it on the front page of as news rather than opinion i was more confused.

and i never said i was upset, you said that. i am saying im confused by the thread i was in regarding the theme being gone............and how a theme can disappear...........and how misinformation ends up on the front page of wi, thats all. im just confused. members are allowed to be confused and want some clarification cant we? i want to be able to trust what members say in threads and what i read on the front page of is all................ and with this i am confused. mistakes happen and misinterpretations happen too, thats all. again, i bought nothing. so i dont have that motivation for this thread. its jsut pure curiosity about how maybe a whole theme can disappear on limited accounts. with all the glitches i am curious ..........

please read what i am writing , im wondering how it ended up on WI FRONT PAGE not WW FRONT PAGE........................... perhpas im not using the correct words ............ i dont know.
BASMAT is offline Female
Old 09-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #6
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I never saw it stated on the front page of the insider that the baseball theme was retiring. People were all speculating which theme it would be and because that's an older and smaller theme it was a possiblity.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 09-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
Charis01
Gift Guru

Me2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud of

Well if you read the article carefully it said the baseball theme MIGHT Retire and they admitted it was a guess but it was a guess based off some information which may or may not have been accurate. It might have been they didn't look carefully enough and THOUGHT the baseball theme was missing. Or it may have been they had a very small glitch. At this point we don't really know what happened but WI tries their hardest to be accurate. Remember when the academy starting having recess problems, and WI posted an article, then after the creative director contacted them, they took it down? Wi is great on being accurate but sometimes they state members opnions or gueses, you just have to be careful to see what is confirmed fact and what is rumor.
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Old 09-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Charis01
Gift Guru

Me2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud of

As for the technical how- well so many glitches happen on WI on a regualr basis i would say anything is possible.
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #9
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

I only saw one person report that they were missing the baseball theme from their shop. I was surprised that a front page article ran with only one person reporting that, but the article stated that several members said they were missing the baseball theme from their shop that day (though I never saw additional people state that.) It's possible the mods had additional information that wasn't available to the rest of the forum.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #10
Charis01
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Cloud One
I only saw one person report that they were missing the baseball theme from their shop. I was surprised that a front page article ran with only one person reporting that, but the article stated that several members said they were missing the baseball theme from their shop that day (though I never saw additional people state that.) It's possible the mods had additional information that wasn't available to the rest of the forum.

I htink so- Dixie cup posted this on the space theme retired newz article.

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
That's ok, Kbug Sell the stuff back and get the stuff while it is hot in the Curio Shop. It is gone, but not for good, yet
We ALL did the same as you. I must have spent over 4000 KC and all my GREAT coupons buying that Baseball theme, so you are not alone I would STILL do it beased on yesterday's info. We had a LOT of reports that the theme was missing. I think Ganz changed their mind...sort of a red herring, to be honest.
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Closed