Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #11
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: how to convince mom?!?!?!

first, set yourself on a lil kinz - they are cheaper and still give you an exclusive, PSI, and superbed box/bonus box.

Then, make your own money and ask to go to walgreens ( if one is around ) and then buy a lil kinz there - they are cheaper than the hallmarks ( hallmarks are 9 and walgreens are 6 or 7 ) and give you the feature code for WCares. That is what i would suggust.
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #12
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

I am a Mom and I play Webkinz, so I can see both sides of the story As a parent, it is important to set limits and allow kids to experience delayed gratification, meaning not getting everything that you want right when you want it. That is a hard thing, even for me! I have two pets adopted, plus a few more saved for later, and it is SO HARD to wait, but I know I need to. Setting limits and having you wait is an important lesson!

Aside from the important lessons you learn by waiting, your Mom may have other very good reasons for making you wait. Maybe she has already purchased one for you for a special occasion. Maybe she doesn't have the money right now to purchase one for you. (In that case, you will need to earn the money yourself, which is an excellent idea!) Whatever the reason, I think by talking with her (definitely not whining!) and finding out her reason(s), you will earn her respect, and even better, you may be able to "earn" that Webkinz - she might just assign some chores, etc.

Good luck!!
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #13
Webkinz :)

SummerGirl20 has a spectacular aura about

well this is how i convinced my mom

My mom cleans this house that has a bunch of big dogs and somtimes we have to babysits them (yes dogs!we sleep there!) so the girl gives me 10 dollars and my mom had stolen 10 dollars (i didint know i got it so she kept it!) and i had gotten 10 for the last week!Then my dad told me my mom took my 10 dollars so she gave it to me and i had 20 dollars! then yesterday i went to limeted too and bought my toucan Cooper!so you can do chores or help your mom with work! or you can just keep begging!

hope i helped,
~Izzy
Old 07-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #14
elcome 2014!!
Gift Coach

funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence
funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I am also a mom and have my own account with almost 100 webbies of my own. I think the suggestion above about buying one from Walgreens for $7.00 is a good one, plus I would try and get her to buy you one buy earning it. Is there anything you can do for her that would help her out a lot , something she might want to reward you for?

Good luck, I know how it is wanting another webkinz, esp. that first superbed. I know that if I were a child now and had to have my mom buy them for me, it wouldn't be happening very often, because she doesn't see what the big deal is and thinks a couple are plenty, where as I think we can't have too many!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
abufritz

ibn2 is an unknown quantity at this point

do WHATEVER SHE SAYS! dont fight with you bros or sis (if you have any) if shes in a bad mood cheer her up. or just ask if you can buy it with your own money.
ibn2 is offline Male
Old 07-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #16
shadow hegdehog is a

Devonshire has a spectacular aura about

why are you not allowed another one? maybe talk to her about that and then all the suggestions above about doing extra chores and saving your allowence is the best idea. you can also do a super chore (i have those for special occasions) like washing the cars or cleaning or organizing the pantry!!
Devonshire is offline Male
Old 07-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #17

creamy is an unknown quantity at this point

If its the super bed you really want, why not try out the trading room. Many people who have extra beds are willing to trade for other things. If you don't know where to find the trading room, its in the clubhouse.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #18
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Well I'm a mom.. and I have an issue buying them myself.. LOL.. So I can't tell my son No. BUT.. whenever i get him one, I just ask him to do some extra stuff around the house.. Like maybe help me clean his room or help w/ laundry.. or help feeding the dog and other animals (we have a zoo)..

He has no trouble doing this either... we just got the new ones last week.. and whenevr they came.. he started cleaning up his little brothers toys for me while I was opening up the package

And just being a nice kid.. no talking back and all.. that really help in my eyes

I'd say.. just helping with out even being asked to do soemthing.. that would surely work with me
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 07-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #19
Gift Guru

wistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forum
wistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forumwistcottage rocks the forum

Hi, I am a Mom too- with 5 children who love Webkinz- what works for them is to promise to do jobs around the house for me- then I give them a pet as a reward.
Maybe you could ask your Mom if you can work for an extra Webkinz......
Old 07-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #20
oo Hoo! Im A

ElmoGoGo has a spectacular aura about

I have had to do this many time. This i what I usually do:
- Save up about 6-11 dollars
- Tel my mom that i have saved up my money, and if i get this 1 LAST webkinz I will not buy any more
- If you can't earn the money, then do extra things around the house, and do extra things to earn it
- Also, make a REASON for it, like if you buy a W-Care Webkinz, then you help save some kids, maybe tell her that, and don't forget to include, that if you get one more webkinz, you will not want any more
ElmoGoGo is offline Female
Closed