Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
Mamajedia24
Webkinz :)

mamajedi is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How to compress for contest?

Thanks for the help everyone. I finally figured it out. The last problem I had was not noticing that the MB had changed to KB. Got both kids entered in contest. It is simple once you know how. Thanks again!
mamajedi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #12
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Thank you Babybreau, yes and to give you an idea of HOW this is the step by step in picture
Rep Babybreau, that is VALUABLE info
Go to File, press 'save as' You have to change it to a jpeg first. Don't just try and upload a saved picture. If it has a bmp extension on it, it will be too big for the upload manager.
With your picture in paint
Press 'Save as'
Select jpeg and then save it to your folder before upload.
This is what that looks like:
Click the image to open in full size.

THEN you get this...

Click the image to open in full size.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
So glad I'm
Gifted

muzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just entered!!!
Best of luck to everyone entering!

muzicfreak is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 05:08 PM   #14
Gift Guru

teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!teacup0819 is the bees knees!

Subscribing. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been at this for about a half hour but was savings it as bmp - computering is not my specialty. I was able to enter the contest because of this thread. Reps to all who helped!!

Last edited by teacup0819; 01-31-2009 at 05:14 PM..
teacup0819 is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 04:00 AM   #15
Happy 2009 folks!!
Webkinz :)

Babybreau has a spectacular aura about

Thank you everyone for the rep! it's means a lot!
Babybreau is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 04:16 AM   #16
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

I just saw this but wanted to add for next time{s} -- there is also the option in MS paint {and probably others as well, but anyone with Windows should have Paint} to also try this -- on your menu options there you can left click on "Image" then left click on "Stretch/Skew", then where you see the first two boxes for entering numbers {Stretch -- Horizontal and Vertical} put in something like 75 instead of what is there {100} in each box {both H and V} and that will bring the overall size down as well without messing with the picture itself {as in it won't crop it, just resize the entire thing smaller, but you will still be able to see entire original}. That also saves overall storage space on this site and in other places because when it is clicked it will still come up bigger than the 'thumbnail' size picture that is showing. Sometimes I will save the picture one way then put in a slightly different name {2 or b or whatever at end of name} then go in to do resize so I can save it with the 2 or whatever {so I still have the original, cropped version before resizing just in case}. Oh and good luck to you in the contest!
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #17
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Babybreau was EXACTLY correct! That is what we needed to do. We are now officially entered!! Thank you so very much for giving such helpful advice....we couldn't have done it without you--we dedicate this contest to you! Have I gone over the top yet?

---------- kigz added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by teacup0819
Subscribing. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been at this for about a half hour but was savings it as bmp - computering is not my specialty. I was able to enter the contest because of this thread. Reps to all who helped!!
That is the SAME thing I was doing....we sure would be in a pickle without WI!!!!

Last edited by kigz; 02-01-2009 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kigz is offline Female
Closed