Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Mamajedia24
Webkinz :)

mamajedi is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: How to compress for contest?

I'm trying to enter my daughter's pink room in the current Webkinznewz contest. I took a screen shot and brought it up in paint. I then compressed it, but it is still too big for contest limits (200k). The original pickture was 500+MB. Estimated compression to be 500k but in actuality was 5MB. How do I get picture small enough to enter?
mamajedi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: How to compress for contest?

You can try uploading it to tinypic.com...

good luck in the contest
Old 01-31-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

I think it might be the size that was too big.
try making the picture smaller, and crop the edges.

Good luck!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
Mamajedia24

View Post Originally Posted by gripperluverxxoo
I think it might be the size that was too big.
try making the picture smaller, and crop the edges.

Good luck!
We did crop picture first, borders are edges of room.

---------- mamajedi added 65 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
You can try uploading it to tinypic.com...

good luck in the contest
I tried checking out this site and it won't come up. Tried typing in address as well as google. Can find an about page but nothing to use. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by mamajedi; 01-31-2009 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-31-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
hite n Fluffy Love!
Gift Guru

calabelle is a creator of wonder
calabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wondercalabelle is a creator of wonder

Save the image as JPG. I do those all the time and they fit. If you save the pic as BMP, that is much larger.
If you didnt save it as jpg, take the pic again, paste in paint, crop and save as JPG. HTH!
calabelle is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
Mamajedia24

View Post Originally Posted by calabelle
Save the image as JPG. I do those all the time and they fit. If you save the pic as BMP, that is much larger.
If you didnt save it as jpg, take the pic again, paste in paint, crop and save as JPG. HTH!
Thanks for the help! I'm getting much closer, picture is down to 5 KB. Was able to save as JPG but couldn't figure out how to do JPJ.HTH.

I figure there has to be something simple about this that I'm missing. If it were too difficult, nobody would submit to the contest. I'm new to doing this kind of thing but am learning quickly. Thanks to those who have made suggestions. If anyone else has some more suggestions or knows what I'm doing wrong please let me know. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
wackywhoplays
Gift Guru

momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep
momwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the repmomwhoplays invented the rep

good luck to your DD w/ the contest! it sounds like lots of fun!
momwhoplays is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #8
owee! Finally I'm a
Banned
♥Julia♥ is a name known to all♥Julia♥ is a name known to all♥Julia♥ is a name known to all

I had the same problem and no one would answer my question, thank you very much for everyones help! And good luck to everyone who enters the contest!
♥Julia♥ is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
So glad I'm
Gifted

muzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond repute

um I had the same question and what is exactly is JPG and how does it work

muzicfreak is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
Happy 2009 folks!!

Babybreau has a spectacular aura about

when you go to save your pic in MS Paint

click on File
click on Save As...
name your pic
in the Save As... box, click the drop down arrow and scroll until you see .jpg or .jpeg
then click Save
then upload to the contest!
Babybreau is offline Female
Closed