Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
hat Remains.

MysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Unanswered: How come Ganz can limit the codes, but still has not blocked passwords?

My question is short and sweet, for Ganz.

How come you can block the pet codes/trading cards when a repetitive number of incorrect codes is answered, but cannot limit if somebody keeps trying to enter an incorrect password on your account?

True, the codes are definitely in Ganz's interest and benefit to block, but why not passwords? Save some time and phone calls.

(What iMean is if someone enters a password for a account incorrect ___ times, that account is suspended/ID is blocked/stuff)
MysticMist is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
ants Diamond Apples!
Gifted

Jennifer36 defies all odds
Jennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all odds

Donation Award 
Default Re: How come Ganz can limit the codes, but still has not blocked passwords?

Hmmmmm... That'a a good question. I look at it two ways.

1. If they did prevent you from multiple attempts at entering a password, then less accounts might get hacked.

on the other hand

2. Ganz would need to enable a way to allow rightful users to unlock their accounts.

Since Ganz is already slow on handling user requests, I would not want to have to call them if i forgot my password and got locked out after a number of attempts.

I also would not want them to block log on for 24 hours like they do if you misstype codes. Who wants to wait to play with their webbies? Plus, if you are truly being hacked, then the hacker might come back 24 hours later.

So the only way to set this up, is to do what alot of sites do and set up security questions. I am not a big fan of this solution because every site seems to have the same questions. I think this also might be harder for little kids.

Just my 2 cents.
Jennifer36 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
ow, prizes are back!
Gifted

MNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: How come Ganz can limit the codes, but still has not blocked passwords?

I don't think they believe it is necessary to block people with too many incorrect log in attempts. Eventhough most users in WW are older, Webkinz is geared towords younger people(6-13) they probably don't want to make it too difficult for those younger children to get into WW. Also, there is no personal information in WW that needs to be protected from hackers, unlike bank accounts.

These are just my thoughts on why they haven't added that security feature.
MNBert is offline Male
Old 03-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #4
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Wink Re: How come Ganz can limit the codes, but still has not blocked passwords?

View Post Originally Posted by MysticMist
My question is short and sweet, for Ganz.

How come you can block the pet codes/trading cards when a repetitive number of incorrect codes is answered, but cannot limit if somebody keeps trying to enter an incorrect password on your account?

True, the codes are definitely in Ganz's interest and benefit to block, but why not passwords? Save some time and phone calls.

(What iMean is if someone enters a password for a account incorrect ___ times, that account is suspended/ID is blocked/stuff)
I would like that, but remember multiple accounts, and also, I don't think they know who was trying to log in. Some people have a computer that their family shares, what if they accidently blocked your sister when she was trying to log in?
badena2 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
4 Accts. please ask

KaileysMommy has a spectacular aura about

My thought on this would be to lock the accounts if there are to many incorrect password attempts. Then make it where you have to have the code to unlock the account. I think this would be a great thing. If everyone keeps their codes and doesn't let anyone else know them then hackers would not be able to get into your account.
KaileysMommy is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
ow, prizes are back!
Gifted

MNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledgeMNBert flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by KaileysMommy
If everyone keeps their codes and doesn't let anyone else know them then hackers would not be able to get into your account.
Good point. That's the best security feature you can have.
MNBert is offline Male
Old 03-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #7
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

LOL! It's a good idea! But they're are those few forgetful people out there who always forget theirs, and this would cause ganz more trouble, and angry people than there are already! Good idea though... Maybe there could be an option to turn this on or off based on whether we want to use it or not.
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
jml123456789

jj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to alljj887 is a name known to all

That really isn't a good idea for the younger ones. Instead, WW could make it where you use your secret code as your password, so if you keep your passwords safe, noone can get on, so no more hacking.

TiP::::: Don't use your username as your password, and make your password hard for others, yet easy for you to remeber.
jj887 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 07:28 PM   #9
hat Remains.

MysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I will have to say, those are excellent points, but what about a feature that you could choose at account creation/"options"...

I think that that would solve most of these problems...

and Ganz could make a feature available to unlock your account with something made up at opt-in or a secret code...
MysticMist is offline Male
Closed