Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 08:03 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

Catchfire is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Unanswered: How about recording ALL glitches to send to Ganz

Hey guys, I've been reading a lot about the different type of glitches (and experienced a few myself) and I got to thinking that maybe somebody should start a thread (or use this one) in order to record all the different types of glitches that are happening and how often they are happening. Basically people need to provide this info.

What was the glitch? (example. It logged me off and I lost the kinzcash I had earned during the game.)

What time did it happen? (First enter your own time and your kinztime. Then include what time zone you are in. Including if you're in the American time zone.)

Which part of the site you were on when the glitch/incident occurred .

What were you doing when the glitch/incident happened?

What were you trying to do when the glitch/incident happened?

Has this particular glitch happened to you before? (Try to include approximate dates, times and places if you can.)

Has a similar glitch happened to you before?

Also include any other information that you think will help.

I would do all this myself but I don't have the skill to do a tracking spreadsheet or something. I also can't spend very long on the computer at a time because of severe chronic pain. Although sometimes it does look like I'm on the pc for hours what I'm really doing is getting up and down. That or I've forgotten to turn it off again.

The reason I think that we should do this is because if we can show/give to Ganz a nice neat presentation with all the glitches laid out in an easy to understand format then maybe Ganz would find it easier to fix things. That's assuming that they even admit that they're still having tons of glitches. Of course if they aren't admitting to any more glitches then this would prove to them exactly how large (and annoying) this problem is.

In order to make it easy for people to keep track of their glitches what we need is a printable form that they can quickly and easily fill out right when the glitch happens. It should be fairly short and easy to fill out. Just including the info we need for tracking purposes and a small extra info box/lines. That way we can go ahead and put more than one form on each sheet of paper. Then people don't have to stop what they're doing and go straight here or risk missing some of the info that's vitally needed. Of course people can always just go to this site and put the info into the comments section of the thread. I would encourage people to do that now anyway until we can find someone to take that info and make a nice spreadsheet (or maybe even a graph too). Once they've filled out the printable form and are ready to enter their info onto the thread then all they have to do is post it in the comments section of the thread. They can do that by either retyping it or if they know how scanning it into the computer and posting it in the thread. Or maybe someone could make a interactive online version of the printable form. So that when people are ready they can just enter the info they have on their printed sheets into this. Or if they don't want to use the printed form then they could just use the online version.

Anyone who wants to do this should put their information into one of the comments. Then they can either start their own thread for gathering the information or they can take over this one. Maybe the owners of WI will give them their own main thread or something where people can then see it easier. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
puncuation
Gift Guru

puncuation is a name known to allpuncuation is a name known to allpuncuation is a name known to all

Default Re: How about recording ALL glitches to send to Ganz

Wow! Thats a really good idea!
puncuation is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
goaliemom

I've been thinking of this for weeks. I'm so happy you posted this!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #4
ow! I have

Nissa is a jewel in the roughNissa is a jewel in the rough

I'd just like to say that this is a great idea! All of these glitches are getting out of control, and this can show them that we're serious about it.
Nissa is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
kwhite1663 is on a distinguished road

I support Your Great Idea. I've been in the 10 minute cycle since tne new updates on last thursday. This has to be one of the worst gliches ever. It reboots the site every 10 minutes, You loose whatever game KC you earend, It closes the Wshop every time, so you have to reopen it to get back to your stuff if you are working on a room or makeing resipes. I REALLY DISLIKE this GLICH. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GANZ
Old 11-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #6

That's great everyone I'm glad you like this but what I really need (besides a volunteer to do a graph or spreadsheet on the glitches) is specifics. I need to know what happened, when it happened, and where it happened. That way somebody (more skilled than me) can find out if they happen under certain circumstances and that will help ganz to fix them faster. If I can't find a volunteer to take this over then just leave all the info I need in comments and I'll copy them and send a copy to ganz. But to actually have a chance at getting them to pay attention then I really need those specifics and I need to have documentation for several hundred glitches at least. So even if the same glitch happens every ten minutes then I need you to put that in your report. Just get yourself a pencil and a notepad and write down everything I need then at the end of the day (or when you feel like it) type into a comment box or if it's really big (maybe even several days worth of notes) you can always scan it and upload it into the comments.

You guys can also pm me with glitch specifics if you want. I don't care if I get a lot of pm's on glitch specifics but please try to keep any other pm's to a minimum. Besides if you have a question then it's more likely to be seen and answered here. Although it would be easier if I could pm your answer back.

Thanks Everyone,
Catchfire
Old 11-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #7

Hey isn't anybody else going to report any glitches for me?
Closed